Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

F, A , D and E are all pretty horrendous.

Pretty happy with ours.

Nothing like a foregone conclusion though. Basel had some excellent results over the past few years, Ludogrets are a complete unknown and Real will be odds on to spank us home and away.
    Getting out of it will be tough but a lot less tough than it could've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Swanson asking ayre about mario ffs messi wouldn't get this coverage.

Ayre says they are pretty much done with incomings in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

rob316 wrote: »
    Swanson asking ayre about mario ffs messi wouldn't get this coverage.

Ayre says they are pretty much done with incomings in the market.

They are definitely buying a new player then if we go by the comments before the Balotelli Transfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Planning a trip to Basle. My mate lives there and can get tickets :D

Beautiful city, was fortunate to visit there last October.

1380306_10153333792635231_1860624389_n.jpg?oh=3ba9989ab19f825cd71880adb4c31ed3&oe=546E1078&__gda__=1417192610_e2d2ada1306da758fbc632818b0be232

I took this from a boat going across the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

NukaCola wrote: »
    Very nice.

One top team, one good team and one very beatable team. We should be qualifying from a group AS WINNERS like that truth be told.
    :pac:

fixed that for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

A nice draw for us indeed but I wouldn't be taking Basel lightly, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

nice draw for us :)

tumblr_m8morryD171rdutw3o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »
    A nice draw for us indeed but I wouldn't be taking Basel lightly, can't wait!

Goes nice with Pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Not sure if this would be better asked in the Tickets/Travel thread but will throw it up here first.

So I have never been to a European game home or away. What exactly is the process on how they release these tickets?

My 45 euro membership this year got me a grand total of 4 hours queuing on the LFC website and 0 tickets so in that regard its pretty worthless.

Have I any chance or what would be the best recommendation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

K-9 wrote: »
    I know it was done this morning, but why? Sentimental reasons?

I guess some people just have in the back of their minds that Fernando's underwhelming Chelsea career is down to other factors not related to any detoriation in his own ability.

I'd take him back in the right circumstances as I think he could still some sort of job if we were stuck, but I'd be under no illusions; the Torres of 07-11 is dead and gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

joe123 wrote: »
    Not sure if this would be better asked in the Tickets/Travel thread but will throw it up here first.

So I have never been to a European game home or away. What exactly is the process on how they release these tickets?

My 45 euro membership this year got me a grand total of 4 hours queuing on the LFC website and 0 tickets so in that regard its pretty worthless.

You have no chance officially from the club you needed to have all 3 Europa league tickets from last time in the EL to enter the auto cup scheme which is a change from seasons past. I guess the club want to be guaranteed the money from the group stages. Keep an eye on done deal you might be lucky but I would expect you to pay over face value for the tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I still f*cking hate Basel.

ush wrote: »
    I still f*cking hate Basel.

And Hakan Yakin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

A good draw for the 'pool and what a night in Anfield when we thump Real Madrid again!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BwJP6RCCIAELJPW.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

"Ludogorets" gives us a chance to get a "good result" to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Augmerson wrote: »
    Beautiful city, was fortunate to visit there last October.

1380306_10153333792635231_1860624389_n.jpg?oh=3ba9989ab19f825cd71880adb4c31ed3&oe=546E1078&__gda__=1417192610_e2d2ada1306da758fbc632818b0be232

I took this from a boat going across the river.

Were they filmin midgets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Home game v Real is 3 days after Madrid derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Planning a trip to Basle. My mate lives there and can get tickets :D

Nice! I'm going to head over as well, never been to Switzerland. Any help getting tix is welcome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

daithijjj wrote: »
    Home game v Real is 3 days after Madrid derby.

Reverse fixture is 4 days before we play Chelsea.

Reverse Basle game is 4 days before we play Utd.

Works both way.

• Advertisement

rossc007 wrote: »

xdaREQb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It will go down to Basel at Home.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Couldn't have asked for a better group. have the reigning champs for the glamour, Basel to attempt to settle an old score and Ludogrets for the romance.
    All of that and progression to the knockout stages being very achievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

They were until they realised them feckers in Bruge had already had that idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Daemonic wrote: »
    They were until they realised them feckers in Bruge had already had that idea :D

I assumed that was the reference too. ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

League games after midweek CL games

West Ham A
    WBA H
    Hull H
    Chelsea H
    Stoke H
    Man Utd A

4 at home so could have been worse. Chelsea a tough one but they will have a midweek game themselves. Would be great to be qualified before the last CL game so we could rest a few before the United game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh man, that Madrid match is on at a great time. Going to try so hard to go to it and then off to Dortmund that weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

joe123 wrote: »

Same idea meself. Was hoping to get some tickets for Real away. I would assume that tickets would be easy-ish got, seeing as it's such a massive stadium, but it's all about sitting in the away end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

K-9 wrote: »
    I assumed that was the reference too. ;)
    I hope so too, otherwise the whole 'filmin midgets' thing may have taken on a darker tone. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Was watching the draw , saw the first part , had to leave so missed the last bit . Delighted with that draw , Great to see we got a nicely balance group of hard and so called easier games :p

Really looking forward to us playing Real .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

88pxwq.jpg

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The Irony. Small man, massive photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Liverpool have played Madrid 3 times in Europe. Won all 3 and haven't conceded a goal yet.

Well we can kiss goodbye the not conceeding stat anyways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I'm in Orlando for the home match v Madrid. Will have to hit a bar for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Jack Robinson has gone to QPR permanently, dont know the figure.

Edit, seems to be 1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg
    Good luck, Jack. Think he was very harshly treated by Liverpool fans after that game against Oldham in the FA Cup. I wish him well.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Jack Robinson has gone to QPR permanently, dont know the figure.

Edit, seems to be 1m.

Glen Johnson comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hes gone straight on loan from qpr to huddersfield then too, joins up with conor coady. Always thought him and kelly could be starting full backs for us a few years ago.

4 competitive wins in a row for Spurs. Some of their mis-firing players from last year looking decent so far. They haven't been playing the best of opposition admittedly, but I'd preferred not to see them playing so well.

• Advertisement

Where's Grayditch these days? He loves to hates a bit of Spurs.

Thinking about it, haven't seen him post in forever. Hope all is well with the man.

klose wrote: »
    Hes gone straight on loan from qpr to huddersfield then too, joins up with conor coady. Always thought him and kelly could be starting full backs for us a few years ago.
    BwJpxLjCEAAlb44.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Mig wrote: »
    I'm in Orlando for the home match v Madrid. Will have to hit a bar for it!

I'm there for the away match :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BwJpxLjCEAAlb44.jpg

Is he still our youngest ever competitive player from when rafa played him at 16?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Is he still our youngest ever competitive player from when rafa played him at 16?
    Jerome Sinclair beat his record.

Knex. wrote: »
    Where's Greyditch these days? He loves to hates a bit of Spurs.

Thinking about it, haven't seen him post in forever. Hope all is well with the man.

Might be banished to the forbidden zone?

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    Might be banished to the forbidden zone?

Feck. If he is, I didn't know (@Mods)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Knex. wrote: »
    Where's Grayditch these days? He loves to hates a bit of Spurs.

Saw him posting in the beer wine and spirits forum a few days ago, maybe he's off the wagon? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

League games after midweek CL games

West Ham A
    WBA H
    Hull H
    Chelsea H
    Stoke H
    Man Utd A

4 at home so could have been worse. Chelsea a tough one but they will have a midweek game themselves. Would be great to be qualified before the last CL game so we could rest a few before the United game.

Another season and ye saps are still not with the program! :eek:

What's with the positivity??? :confused:

We're lucky to have finished second last season and should be grateful that we were allowed in the CL.

We will be battling out with Ludowhatsit for the 3rd place Europa League sloppy seconds slot.

We're going to struggle in all our games after a CL game probably 3 out of 18 points.

We're going to be lucky to finish 7th this season.

What else is there.....
    We must not forget that we spent over 100 million euro in the transfer market this year and if we do our friends in the media will remind us. (Never mind Man United currently having the most expensive squad in the history of the PL at 400 mill!)

Oh yeah, Brendan Rodgers is a sham of a manager who will be found out eventually
    :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How Many of use here would take winning the champion league but finishing 8th in the PL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement