Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

joe123 wrote: »
    Not sure if this would be better asked in the Tickets/Travel thread but will throw it up here first.

So I have never been to a European game home or away. What exactly is the process on how they release these tickets?

My 45 euro membership this year got me a grand total of 4 hours queuing on the LFC website and 0 tickets so in that regard its pretty worthless.

Have I any chance or what would be the best recommendation?

Same as member sale in July but with a lot less tickets. It was on sale for months for season ticket holders and members who had a certain amount of games from pervious European games but did not sell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

How Many of use here would take winning the champion league but finishing 8th in the PL

If we win it do we get back in automatically next season? Can't remember that far back anymore....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

marno21 wrote: »
    BwJP6RCCIAELJPW.jpg

Ludogrets first? And their keeper will be suspended...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

ratracer wrote: »
    If we win it do we get back in automatically next season? Can't remember that far back anymore....

Yea we do And the team who finished 4th gets the europa league spot.

In 2012 chelsea won it and finished 6th when spurs finished 4th. Spurs missed out.

How Many of use here would take winning the champion league but finishing 8th in the PL

Of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Absolutely. A European Cup trumps 4th place any day of the week, for me it even trumps winning the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Carlsberg did good bad seasons...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ratracer wrote: »
    Yea we do And the team who finished 4th gets the europa league spot.

In 2012 chelsea won it and finished 6th when spurs finished 4th. Spurs missed out.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Of course!

In that case, yes. Especially if United come fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ive just had a frightening thought bale or ronaldo running at glen johnson.

Beating chelsea in the final with JT slipping to let sturridge through for a last minute winner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If we qualify, from which group in the next round are we paired with?

Augmerson wrote: »

We're not - it's a draw. We could get any other non-English team.

Augmerson wrote: »
    open draw but the good thing about being in the group with real is we cant face them in the last 16 or an english team I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Absolutely. A European Cup trumps 4th place any day of the week, for me it even trumps winning the league.

It should for everybody tbh ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

4 competitive wins in a row for Spurs. Some of their mis-firing players from last year looking decent so far. They haven't been playing the best of opposition admittedly, but I'd preferred not to see them playing so well.

the post-Europa League hangover should put an end to that run soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

People on Facebook worried about Spurs after beating a team 3-0.

Jumping the gun too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Vicxas wrote: »

I think people are worried because Spurs are a very good team. Bit stupid to think otherwise tbh.

Is this how people measure things now?

daithijjj wrote: »
    Jack Robinson has gone to QPR permanently, dont know the figure.

Edit, seems to be 1m.

meanwhile his old mucker is about to sign a new contract

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-defender-jon-flanagan-7687378?

Of the two it was definitely Robinson who I thought the most talented and more likely to make it.

Agger to Napoli talk on the times (Gary Jacob)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CL would be amazing to win, but winning the league would definitely trump it for me without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

People always worry about Spurs on here, remember last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

open draw but the good thing about being in the group with real is we cant face them in the last 16 or an english team I think.

Also means we will meet a group winner which isnt ideal but cant be expecting to top the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

meanwhile his old mucker is about to sign a new contract

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-defender-jon-flanagan-7687378?

Of the two it was definitely Robinson who I thought the most talented and more likely to make it.

Agger to Napoli talk on the times (Gary Jacob)

Robinson was considered the more cultured footballer, shows you how things can work out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well they should be better than last season but they've played West Ham, QPR and Limassol.

If that was our fixtures I would be expecting 3 wins as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It will be very interesting to see how BR puts out the team in the CL as it will be a big test going away to Madrid, Basle and that other team, It will certainly trump a windy, damp evening in stoke.

Realistically we dont have much chance of winning the CL so I personally ain't going to hold much hope in us doing so and just enjoy the games up until we're knocked out. If We're unlucky with injuries and our squad was a bit thin, I would probably prefer us to field our strongest side in the PL and just try and sustain our top four position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Play for every point going, get out of the group. Try getting our seeding back to pot 2 if we're in it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well they should be better than last season but they've played West Ham, QPR and Limassol.

If that was our fixtures I would be expecting 3 wins as well.

It's not the fact that they are winning games. Three games means nothing, win or lose them. It's the fact that they are playing nice football and actually scoring goals. They did neither last year despite having a good team.

If Pochettino can get them performing like this every week, they have an outside shot at top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Spurs isn't going to be a rollover like last season. One team has finally seemingly gelled while one is going through teething problems. I'd take a draw tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fescue wrote: »
    "Ludogorets" gives us a chance to get a "good result" to start with.

How did this not get any thanks? Very clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Morzadec wrote: »

Because it went right over my head until you highlighted it.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Spurs isn't going to be a rollover like last season. One team has finally seemingly gelled while one is going through teething problems. I'd take a draw tbh.

Or, alternatively, both teams have played a grand total of 2 matches in the PL this year - one has won 50% of these, the solitary defeat coming against last year's champions away. The other team has a 100% record having faced QPR and West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

People always worry about Spurs on here, remember last season?

Yeah, I worried about them then too!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Jerome Sinclair beat his record.

Another man who seems to be a bit forgotten for club and country these days.

I never get to go to games, saw the draw today and the fixture dates, realised flights were still dirt cheap and decided "feck it". Might try get to a home CL fixture too.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jack must have set some kind of record being registered with 3 different teams in one day Liverpool, QPR & then Huddersfeild.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

What would be the best way to pick up tickets for a pool game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

TrueIt wrote: »
    What would be the best way to pick up tickets for a pool game?

With your hand :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

With your hand :confused:

That's almost as bad as my post, and I deleted mine before I was evicted! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Knex. wrote: »
    That's almost as bad as my post, and I deleted mine before I was evicted! :pac:

I saw yours, it was pretty bad alright. Dont blame you for deleting it tbh....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

5starpool wrote: »
    CL would be amazing to win, but winning the league would definitely trump it for me without a shadow of a doubt.

me too, league win please (very difficult task :)

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not the fact that they are winning games. Three games means nothing, win or lose them. It's the fact that they are playing nice football and actually scoring goals. They did neither last year despite having a good team.

If Pochettino can get them performing like this every week, they have an outside shot at top 4.

spurs are gonna be very tricky this season. they will fly out of the blocks early on and try and stifle teams. We need to make sure to match them for grit and determination then make sure our quality shines through, and the same goes for every game this season.

I never get to go to games, saw the draw today and the fixture dates, realised flights were still dirt cheap and decided "feck it". Might try get to a home CL fixture too.

Can't wait!

dont get stung with tout fake ticket like us :( from a scouser too :mad:

mada999 wrote: »
    dont get stung with tout fake ticket like us :( from a scouser too :mad:

Think I might have read your story on here alright. Also read another one where a local father and son in the pub heard about the fake tout ticket and gave their (real) tickets away...!

Must have a gander at some sample print Champions League ones. I imagine they're centrally printed and reasonably secure yokes, like the ones for other UEFA games. Hopefully.

spurs are gonna be very tricky this season. they will fly out of the blocks early on and try and stifle teams. We need to make sure to match them for grit and determination then make sure our quality shines through, and the same goes for every game this season.

Completely agree with your post and Kirby's. They're playing nice stuff and players are performing under Pochettino. Can't say I'm surprised. If Rodgers had done a runner this summer, Pochettino is definitely the man I would've wanted to come in. He works well and gets the most out of players.

Even though they had easy opposition for the three games, not conceding a single goal is still reasonably impressive and they won't be any pushover this weekend. I'd love a win. Sets down a real marker for top 4. To be honest, this is the kind of game I would've preferred a few weeks down the road - we're still finding our feet, and this'll be a real test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

fcuk spurs. I'll be lumping on the BaloPool wincast!! Cha ching!

fcuk spurs. I'll be lumping on the BaloPool wincast!! Cha ching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Daemonic wrote: »
    I hope so too, otherwise the whole 'filmin midgets' thing may have taken on a darker tone. :eek:

Wouldn't have have been in Bruges?

1409210845127_wps_3_image001_png.jpg

He posted this on his Instagram. I'm liking Balotelli more and more!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looks shopped to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Morzadec wrote: »

I only thank funny, not clever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement