Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

On the draw, I think it's perfect. 2 teams that we are capable of beating on our better days (which means we gave a good chance of progressing), and the Champions (who look like they are about to add Falcao to their ranks!)

This is why we are in it - to pit ourselves against the best out there. Not to hope for an easy draw and scrape through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Well they should be better than last season but they've played West Ham, QPR and Limassol.

If that was our fixtures I would be expecting 3 wins as well.

They are worried and rightly so because their manager appeared to have our number last year and beat us with ease in anfield.
    This is a tactil test for rogers and will be interesting to see how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

#glamour#tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lucas and Agger are again supposed to be leaving. Alex Song links continue. Would be happy with all those rumours coming to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd love to see a few more Gerrard goas from open play this season.

I can only remember the header against Everton last season from a corner.

Everything else seems to be penso or that Free Kick against Hull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hate to see One of my favorite player go to Bayern.

Best of luck Xabi :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I once again will say we need an experienced rightback.

The idea of Bale and Ronaldo attacking our young fullbacks in the CL experience needed but not Johnson unless he can get his head together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I think Lucas needs upgrading in the short term but Alex Song isn't a proper DM (nor a decent player according to my Arsenal supporting mate) so unless we replace him adequately I'd hold on till xmas at least.

sweetie wrote: »
    I think Lucas needs upgrading in the short term but Alex Song isn't a proper DM (nor a decent player according to my Arsenal supporting mate) so unless we replace him adequately I'd hold on till xmas at least.

It's a smokescreen - we are bring Masch home!

The idea of Bale and Ronaldo attacking our young fullbacks in the CL experience needed but not Johnson unless he can get his head together.

How much experience? Every player starts somewhere.
    Moreno has 45 first team Sevilla under his belt, I am sure we'd all be happy with him starting.
    Flanagan has 35 Liverpool games, would we not be happy with him?

We have a few games to settle on a back 4 before it comes to that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dickerty wrote: »
    It's a smokescreen - we are bring Masch home!

I just jizzed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Anyone else hope Sterling rips it up against ludo and basle but has a quite one against Madrid? If he plays to his abilities against them they will be in for him next summer regardless of whether they have room for him.

How much experience? Every player starts somewhere.
    Moreno has 45 first team Sevilla under his belt, I am sure we'd all be happy with him starting.
    Flanagan has 35 Liverpool games, would we not be happy with him?

We have a few games to settle on a back 4 before it comes to that...

Moreno I think is nearly there but he just needs to get used to the PL now.

Flanagan I really believe fans look at him with rose tinted glasses on. He is the prefect squad player as he can cover both fullback positions.

Manquillo isn't experienced enough and Enrique has experience but who know when he will be fuly fit agian or will the long lay off affect him

If Johnson can sort out his head he probably still is the best full back at the club.

If we dn't bring in a right back maybe Gerrard can move in there the the defence can play a higher line and not worry about him in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Anyone else hope Sterling rips it up against ludo and basle but has a quite one against Madrid? If he plays to his abilities against them they will be in for him next summer regardless of whether they have room for him.

I hope Steling does his best against all the team in the group. I am sure he will be eager to impress against the current champions of Europe.
    Hopefully he will sign a new contract soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Same as member sale in July but with a lot less tickets. It was on sale for months for season ticket holders and members who had a certain amount of games from pervious European games but did not sell out.

Ughh more torture.

Would I have a better chance at trying to get an away ticket?

A ticket for the Bernabéu even if I was in with the home fans would be pretty special.

Anyone on here got decent experience of travelling to fixtures? Wouldn't mind dropping you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Any word on Moreno fitness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arbeloa is surplus to requirements at Real, whats he like these days. I really liked him before he was solid but unspectacular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

rob316 wrote: »
    Arbeloa is surplus to requirements at Real, whats he like these days. I really liked him before he was solid but unspectacular.

31 and probably on big wages, would have preferred if he didnt leave us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Quite liked Arbeloa when he was with us. We got him cheap too at the time and was one of our better consistent full backs since Finnan.

I think Manquillo should be eased in and he could become a great asset for us down the line. Can't get worse than Johnson though :P

Hopefully Flanagan keeps up his form from last year but there will always be the risk he'll return to his form from a couple of years back which was pretty poor.

Have great interest in our young team this year and although we haven't signed the biggest of names, the champions league experience for these young guys will bring them on leaps and bounds and we could potentially be building a formidable team for years to come with guys like Sterling/Markovic/Can/Ibe/Suso/Moreno/Manquillo/Sakho and so on.

Looking forward to the Champions league music ringing out at Anfield again :)

Arbeloa is a good shout if fit he would cheap experienced has played for the club so would settle in quickly and can pass on a world of exerience to the younger player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Morzadec wrote: »
    How did this not get any thanks? Very clever!

Stolen from twitter, please everyone retract your thanks.

QPR are desperate for a striker - what chance that Borini will have 4/5 options to move before the window closes on Monday?

I think Coates will go on loan with an option to buy, Agger will move too cause he's 4th choice at the mo, would like to see him do well elsewhere.
    Despite everyone's wishes, Johnson will stay put, and probably Lucas too - until Jan at least.

Alonso signs for Bayern.

Imagine the man-hug that him and Pepe will share when they meet up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fescue wrote: »
    Stolen from twitter, please everyone retract your thanks.

Pffft. That hardly matters.

Knex. wrote: »
    Pffft. That hardly matters.

Hey I love a few thanks as much as the next guy but those thanks feel dirty.

Whenever you guys see the word Fescue, I want you to think honesty, integrity, massive genetalia.

Whenever you guys see the word Fescue, I want you to think honesty, integrity, massive genetalia.

I mostly just think of the word rescue, spelled with an F... :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I always imagined Fescue like RP McMurphy but wearing a beret instead of a beanie hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

joe123 wrote: »
    Ughh more torture.

Would I have a better chance at trying to get an away ticket?

A ticket for the Bernabéu even if I was in with the home fans would be pretty special.

Anyone on here got decent experience of travelling to fixtures? Wouldn't mind dropping you a PM.

I've been at the Bernabeu quite a few times for games, PM away.

Checking latest ticket prices last night and cheapest on viagogo was £150. Expect that to rise very fast.

I always imagined Fescue like RP McMurphy but wearing a beret instead of a beanie hat.

This could be an interesting discussion. Who do you imagine is the character behind each user name?

I always imagined you as Bubbles from The Trailer Park Boys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This is how I imagine Rarnes1 anyhow.

10102604A_Tom_Berenger_Platoon_Posters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

This could be an interesting discussion. Who do you imagine is the character behind each user name?

I always imagined you as Bubbles from The Trailer Park Boys.

You're dead to me

jonny24ie wrote: »
    31 and probably on big wages, would have preferred if he didnt leave us.

I doubt Arbeloa is the kind of player Real would have had to offer a major payrise to in order to get him to sign.

Obviously, I don't know what he is on but I would be amazed if it was much more than what he was on at Liverpool.

Or more importantly, I'd be shocked if it is a salary we would consdier out of kilter at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Anyone reckon Markovic will start ahead of Coutinho on Sunday? Could be a good move imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anyone reckon Markovic will start ahead of Coutinho on Sunday? Could be a good move imo.

We've got a squad now. There's no need to persist with players when they're not quite at it.

It might put their noses out of joint but so long as they keep getting chances I think it's better for them and certainly better for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think Balotelli will be the one that comes in, and Coutinho will go to the bench.

Sterling to start at the tip of the diamond behind Sturridge and Balotelli.

Would see Markovic as being used an impact sub so that his directness and pace could be used against tiring legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Gbear wrote: »
    We've got a squad now. There's no need to persist with players when they're not quite at it.

It might put their noses out of joint but so long as they keep getting chances I think it's better for them and certainly better for the team.

I wish BR would stop persisting with Johnson :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Coutinho hasn't sparkled and has had two slightly disappointing games.

However, I would be surprised if Rodgers benched him.

I still think Rodgers sees him as really key to the team and I expect him to start against Spurs.

I reckon we'll see Balotelli come on as a sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd play Lambert and Sturridge at the head of a diamond, throw on Markovic and Balo later.

Hey I love a few thanks as much as the next guy but those thanks feel dirty.

Might want to get that latter part checked. You don't want a Randy Marsh and his bouncing testicles type scenario.

Operation Rescue Fescue.

I mostly just think of the word rescue, spelled with an F... :confused::D

No diggity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can't see it.

Gerrard - Henderson - Allen
    Sterling - Balotelli - Sturridge.

Can't see it.

I would probably go for this as well.

I hope we let Balo start. Sturridge and Sterling need help now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Can't see it.

I like this 451 switching to a 433 when attacking, Have Danny and balo interchanging throughout and hopefully see inho, lallana, and markovic introduced at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any news on Borini being flogged? That £14m surely won't stay on the table forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Gbear wrote: »

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think Balotelli will be the one that comes in, and Coutinho will go to the bench.

Sterling to start at the tip of the diamond behind Sturridge and Balotelli.

Would see Markovic as being used an impact sub so that his directness and pace could be used against tiring legs.

It really is great to have a squad, no more looking to the bench and seeing Moses and...? remember we had to bring on Brad Smith away to Chelsea last Christmas (no offence to the player but he's not someone you want to bring on to change a game at that moment).

Doesn't Balotelli always score on his debuts? I'd maybe look to bring him on for Sturridge at some stage, would like to see what Sterling and Marko could do for the first 60 minutes. We have plenty of exciting options now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Being able to switch our attacking 3 for another strong attacking 3 from the bench is great but only if we have a solid back 4.

We're still looking to have a settled CB pairing. I think Lovren is a guaranteed starter. Rodgers spoke of him being the player he was missing last year to organise the defence.
    But you can't have 18 million pounds worth of Sahko sitting on the bench or rotating with Skrtel.

A pairing needs to be picked and barring injuries need to play a run of games consistently to develop a partnership.

I think Moreno will be the first choice left back so it's now down to the right back position.

I'm in the get rid of Johnson brigade. He's not going to get his contract renewed and if he doesn't move on this summer he needs to phased out.

Augmerson wrote: »
    This is how I imagine Rarnes1 anyhow.

10102604A_Tom_Berenger_Platoon_Posters.jpg

Reality

internet-tough-guy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

West Ham are in talks to sign Song....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Vicxas wrote: »
    West Ham are in talks to sign Song....

Read that as 'sing song' - thought it was some desperate team bonding tactic !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I always thought rarnes looked more like this

TMS-Multiple-Faces-Head_2F71D97B.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement