Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Skrtel is a doubt so I think Sakho will get a chance, which I think he deserves. Disappointed he didn't start either of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Id take a draw now as a yiddo and hope ballotelli gets sent off for stamping:p

should be a great game cant wait for sunday. we have won our 4 opening games so far 2 PL and 2EL qualifiers but we have not come up against a half decent team yet so so id be delighted if we dont get hammered again and nick a draw:D

which one of ye is going to take the jinx on and start the match thread in the main SF:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

davycc wrote: »
    Id take a draw now as a yiddo and hope ballotelli gets sent off for stamping:p

should be a great game cant wait for sunday. we have won our 4 opening games so far 2 PL and 2EL qualifiers but we have not come up against a half decent team yet so so id be delighted if we dont get hammered again and nick a draw:D

which one of ye is going to take the jinx on and start the match thread in the main SF:p

I've seen little of Spurs under Potch! is that suicidal high defensive line a thing of the past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think Borini should stay now though, 4 strikers is the ideal amount for contending 4 competitions. Sturridge is fairly injury prone so I reckon he will get games and if he is willing to accept a bit part role that's good. Its the £14m offer on the table for a 4th choice striker is what's turning the clubs head.

Just realised I forgot Can for the bench, fack me I can't get everyone in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x43r0 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone was feeling too optimistic here are our previous 6 results as White Hart Lane

(stolen from another forum)
    Sun 15 Dec Tottenham H. 0 - 5 Liverpool Premier League
    Wed 28 Nov Tottenham H. 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League
    Sun 18 Sep Tottenham H. 4 - 0 Liverpool Premier League
    Sun 28 Nov Tottenham H. 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League
    Sun 16 Aug Tottenham H. 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League
    Sat 01 Nov Tottenham H. 2 - 1 Liverpool Premier League

:(

Always before Christmas, are fixtures deliberate that way?

Bench : Lallana,Markovic,Coutinho,Enrique, Skrtel Lambert, Jones

Wow! That bench has come on along way. Options galore. Lambert has already proved to be very useful.

And Can and possibly Borini still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I've seen little of Spurs under Potch! is that suicidal high defensive line a thing of the past?

we press high up and defend from the front and yes the defense high line is gone for now and so is dawson and Benny the stoner will be following him shortly ;)

Ballotelli always did great against us so if I were a gambler id put money on him scoring on his debut:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fcuk the draw ... we should take spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rob316 wrote: »

Bench : Lallana,Markovic,Coutinho,Enrique, Skrtel, Lambert, Jones

Wow! That bench has come on along way. Options galore. And Can and possibly Borini still.

And Lucas, and Johnson injured...

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »

And still presently in the squad, Agger and Suso.

Where did they all come from!:eek:

and Flanagan!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Does anyone know if centre backs regularly switch between LCB and RCB? I know Sakho and Lovren are both LCBs so wondering how easy it is to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

And still presently in the squad, Agger and Suso.

Where did they all come from!:eek:
    and Flanagan!

kolo-toure-shower.jpg

Our bench now!

gorgeous-gold-bed-end-bench.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A player I hope our scouting team is keeping an eye on is Depay. Started off this season in incredible form. Just signed a new deal but I think next summer there will be a lot of clubs in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So as it should be. We can absorb 5/6 injuries and still have a strong team AND a good bench. First time in a LONG time - or ever??

off topic but Pennants Mrs doing the ice bucket challenge :eek:

There aint a man in the world who isn't jealous she's a belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rmours that we could be hijacking QPR's 4m move for Alex McCarthy. He had an incredible performance against us 2 seasons ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If Borini leaves I'd love us to sign Memphis Depay and send him back out on loan, only 20 and looks like he's gonna be a superstar.

Also would be better to have him when he does come home rather than him being up the M62 or else in North London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't get a win on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I've become enchanted by those funbags. Must stop looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Who do you lose between Coates and Agger though. I'd be keeping them both, lotta games to go through this year

Absolutely.

If we meet MK Dons in the cup well have to start with 6 defenders!

And Assaidi! The forgotten man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169875-rodgers-on-transfers-and-flanno-deal

"We've still got offers for players to go. Every player here knows their situation, so if they're here after that deadline on Monday then they've decided to stay but their game time will be very limited.

"At this moment in time, there are not many more to come in, if any."

Meanwhile, another piece of business to be done in the not too distant future is a new deal for Jon Flanagan.

The youngster is currently sidelined with a knee problem, though is closing in on a return to fitness.

Rodgers said: "He's been unfortunate with injuries. He's had a number of injuries during the time I've been in here, and before I came in. Just looking at his injury record, it hasn't been great.

"But he's a young kid who I really, really want to be an important member of our squad.

"He deserves a new deal. He did exceptionally well last season and he's recovering well from his injury. We're hoping he'll be back soon - and with a new deal as well."

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rmours that we could be hijacking QPR's 4m move for Alex McCarthy. He had an incredible performance against us 2 seasons ago.

Would be very happy with that! Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A little OT, just reading here that Basel played Ludogorets Razgrad in a qualifier last season and Basel beat them 4-2 and 2-0. That Basel tie is going to be tricky especially away.

Nevermind Ludogorets, they beat Chelsea home and away as well. It will be a tough battle for second spot with Basel imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Nevermind Ludogorets, they beat Chelsea home and away as well. It will be a tough battle for second spot with Basel imo.

Yeah its gonna be a tough fight between them and Real

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    Based on the evidence of the display in that video I wouldn't be too bothered if we didn't sign him. I don't see a player that would challenge Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

marno21 wrote: »
    If Borini leaves I'd love us to sign Memphis Depay and send him back out on loan, only 20 and looks like he's gonna be a superstar.

Also would be better to have him when he does come home rather than him being up the M62 or else in North London

He's a very well watched and scouted player - I'd say we, along with three dozen other teams, are watching. That's not to say we shouldn't - but people are aware of him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

gafferino wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169875-rodgers-on-transfers-and-flanno-deal

"We've still got offers for players to go. Every player here knows their situation, so if they're here after that deadline on Monday then they've decided to stay but their game time will be very limited.

"At this moment in time, there are not many more to come in, if any."

I saw the presser earlier and took this to mean that they're after at least one more player but it's late in the window and might not happen.
    A keeper perhaps?

Rodgers general tone when talking about the new signings was one of a man who is delighted with the business done during the summer.
    Ian Ayre deserves an awful lot of credit for his recent work, looks like we landed most of our first choice targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Luis Alberto started for Malaga. Will provide a report.

Luis Alberto started for Malaga. Will provide a report.
    Red card Malaga. Shame for Alberto, his team started quite brightly.

Torres off to the Italian retirement home I see. Defenders will eat him up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Remy to Chelsea 10 million done deal

HT, 2-0 Valencia. Some horrific decision, a red for Malaga that never was, a penalty for Valencia for nothing.

Been a big critic of Alberto, but he has looked a very good player for Malaga. Putting himself about, decent in possession, making some nice runs and not afraid to shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Here's hoping we don't regret it. Chelsea do need another striker, though, especially with Costa injured.

Wonder what was the real reason for us passing him over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea had no problem taking Ba when he failed medicals all over the place with his knees.

They can afford to take the risk on Remy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Knex. wrote: »
    Here's hoping we don't regret it. Chelsea do need another striker, though, especially with Costa injured.

The costa one is apparently minor. He might even make the bench this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »

And Torres leaving.
    Wonder what was the real reason for us passing him over :rolleyes:

Whatever it was, it was serious enough that noone in Remy's camp came out saying the rumours of a failed medical were false. It was either a genuinely failed medical, or something worse, with them happy to have the medical rumour out there. If there was no reason at all, you can guarantee that rumour would have been challenged or dismissed, as it directly affects Remy's value and future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Torres's proposed move to Milan is supposedly in doubt after the striker missed his flight:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Whatever it was, it was serious enough that noone in Remy's camp came out saying the rumours of a failed medical were false. It was either a genuinely failed medical, or something worse, with them happy to have the medical rumour out there. If there was no reason at all, you can guarantee that rumour would have been challenged or dismissed, as it directly affects Remy's value and future.

This is excellent reasoning and makes perfect sense.

I was one of many who was disappointed the deal didn't work out, then Mario rock's up to Anfield and I'd imagine the majority would be happy with how it all played out.

We got mario instead the Italian number 9 can't say im disappointed, Remy would have been a fine signing and one I really wanted but balotelli has the potential to be world class, remy simply doesn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Barrett reporting on Twitter than Agger is on his way back to Brondby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's a big step down.....hope he doesn't injure himself while doing it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

marno21 wrote: »
    Barrett reporting on Twitter than Agger is on his way back to Brondby

For about £3 million. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Letting Agger go for £3m :eek: and paying him off to leave as well :eek::eek:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-daniel-agger-looks-7692767

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

dexter647 wrote: »
    Torres's proposed move to Milan is supposedly in doubt after the striker missed his flight:pac:

LOL gotta be a joke, right?

wasn't a dodgy heart one of the rumoured reasons why Remy failed the medical, if indeed he actually did fail it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

BMJD wrote: »
    LOL gotta be a joke, right?

wasn't a dodgy heart one of the rumoured reasons why Remy failed the medical, if indeed he actually did fail it?

The Chelsea medical is much less stringent. It involves frantically waving a plastic flag whilst wearing one of those foam fingers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement