Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I always defended Balotelli until one game where he was just an absolute disgrace. I think it was actually against Man Utd, where Mancini took a punt by starting him when at a time he was under immense pressure.

Ended up being subbed at HT or just after it in a game he was lucky not to have been sent off in. He's not worth a punt at any cost.

That sounds very much like how he played in one of the games against us as well

I have a fondness for Balotelli for many reasons but I just don't think he is the player we need right now and i also don't think there is any genuine interest there either

Just newspapers needing something to print, they are also saying Lavezzi wants to go to Juventus which disappoints me but shouldn't be a huge surprise as he has already played over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Balotelli at LFC? Christ. We don't need the drama or distraction. Serious professionals only, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

United fan here lads and ladies - don't worry I come in peace :) Here's you lots announced TV games until the end of November -this might help for anyone planning on getting any subscriptions.

2zfv5hw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well he can't be worse than Voronin anyways. Or Aspas. Or N'Gog. Or Diouf.

Jesus, we've had a lot of bad strikers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

If you believe the reports, then this sports psychologist Dr Peters helped Sturridge and Suarez big time...maybe the same for Balotelli. The lads is still only 24, I was an absolute clown at that age too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

taidghbaby wrote: »
    So....just a normal night out in Liverpool?

The city is already on tenderhooks waiting for the first meeting between Purple Aki and either Sakho or Lukaku. Some Mario madness mixed on top of that in would be more than the city could survive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Kess73 wrote: »
    The city is already on tenderhooks waiting for the first meeting between Purple Aki and either Sakho or Lukaku. Some Mario madness mixed on top of that in would be more than the city could survive :D

I thought I'd never see his name again, nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Benfica losing 5-0 to Arsenal, you can really see the questionably-haired Serbian shaped hole in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Benfica losing 5-0 to Arsenal, you can really see the questionably-haired Serbian shaped hole in the team.

Think we're quite lucky :)

Cjs21 wrote: »
    I thought I'd never see his name again, nightmare.

And the big man is out and about again. Although I hear that he spends more time in the Bolton neck of the woods nowadays than around Liverpool.

But once seen or met, he is hard to forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

And the big man is out and about again. Although I hear that he spends more time in the Bolton neck of the woods nowadays than around Liverpool.

I'd say he has had one or two squeezes on your arms Kess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Much like these guys then...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a bit mad that a reporter asked Rodgers a question about an opposition player tonight which has brought us to how our sports psychologist can help him when he signs to get the best out of him.

Reporter 1 v Rest of the World 0 :D

I'd still like to see him with us, very frustrating player for the opposition if he is playing....and just for the reaction to that first awkward hand on the shoulder, gentle hug or the 2 handed head embrace that Rodgers likes to do.

I'd say he has had one or two squeezes on your arms Kess ;)

Have actually had a run in with the man as he used to try and hang around one of the clubs I used to box in. One thing I will say about Aki is you cannot fail to notice the guy. He is about 6'5 or 6'6 and would have been a fairly solid 19 or 20 stone when he was a bodybuilder and doorman years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dr Peters magical powers know no bounds, balotelli would be a fine challenge for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Have actually had a run in with the man as he used to try and hang around one of the clubs I used to box in. One thing I will say about Aki is you cannot fail to notice the guy. He is about 6'5 or 6'6 and would have been a fairly solid 19 or 20 stone when he was a bodybuilder and doorman years ago.

His legend is known worldwide at this stage. My mate from Dublin now lives in Wigan and says he always sees him around the town and a few times in the trafford centre. thank god my mate is only 5.7 and 150 pounds as Aki leaves him well alone. A big fella like you would be right up his street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would just like to see Balotelli back in the premier league tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

tok9 wrote: »
    I would just like to see Balotelli back in the premier league tbh.

Seeing him once a season at Anfield would suit me fine tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pre season slayer iago aspas off the mark for sevilla today, moreno started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do the results from the makey-uppey tournament tonight matter for Liverpools result later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Do the results from the makey-uppey tournament tonight matter for Liverpools result later?

We beat Milan, we're in. If City don't win, we're in as long as we survie the 90 minutes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So City drew meaning we're in the final right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The final of what??? I haven't been following this 'tournament.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Dunno if we want a piece of Utd in the final, they are playing their best football in years against Madrid, I'd fear a humping and a half, what with the Van Gaal effect and all, they have top 4 wrapped up next season and probably the league. Well that's the vibe in the match thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

No, if they lose the shoot out we are in. If they win it we need a draw against Milan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No match thread?

City are out with a defeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We're in the final without even playing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Looks like we are in the final. Wouldn't of minded not being in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

jenno86 wrote: »
    Looks like we are in the final. Wouldn't of minded not being in it.

Who are you playing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Zico wrote: »
    Who are you playing?

The winner of the man united vs real madrid game

Utd are already in the final aren't they?

As the result tonight doesn't matter Rodgers better play the kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

What time is the AC game on at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

daRobot wrote: »
    What time is the AC game on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Am pretty sure the results of the other game have absolutely no bearing on the team picked for tonights pre season game as the objectives remain the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

1623373_10152729701342573_8059167603588385887_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fairly meh team, dunno why suso/peterson etc..are not getting games

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Am pretty sure the results of the other game have absolutely no bearing on the team picked for tonights pre season game as the objectives remain the same

Mignolet, Kelly, Toure, Coates, Robinson, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Lambert, Ibe, Sterling

That's a pretty young team! Sterling and Ibe together again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Mignolet, Kelly, Toure, Coates, Robinson, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Lambert, Ibe, Sterling

That's a pretty young team! Sterling and Ibe together again! :)

yeh id say that team was just picked after the city games penos were finished and nothing go to do with the players in question pre season schedual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The back 4 and Lucas in the shop window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Apparently the biggest teams in the world play off to entertain City or Liverpool.

Somebody is paying big money for this, me thinks.

klose wrote: »
    Fairly meh team, dunno why suso/peterson etc..are not getting games

Suso i agree with, Peterson won't be playing for the first team this season so his fitness isn't as important as someone like Ibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Apparently Manquillo is agreed and he's having a medical on Monday.

Let's hope he's as good as many seen to rate him.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Apparently Manquillo is agreed and he's having a medical on Monday.

Let's hope he's as good as many seen to rate him.

Let's hope he doesn't need 9 of them like Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i really hope lambert scores tonight. hes gaining too many haters here already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Whos captain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

ricero wrote: »
    Whos captain ?

Toure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Markovich not even in the squad again, hope the injury isnt serious.

Lack of a back up striker showing without Sturridge. Would be good for lamberts confidence to get a goal tonight.

Suso not getting any gametime so far either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's something wrong on this page:
    http://www.jdsports.ie/men/mens-clothing/football-shirt/cft:liverpool/

Anyone know which shops do custom name and numbers printed on the jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

joe123 wrote: »
    Markovich not even in the squad again, hope the injury isnt serious.

Lack of a back up striker showing without Sturridge. Would be good for lamberts confidence to get a goal tonight.

Suso not getting any gametime so far either.

is sturridge injured?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement