Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's a flag on the field. Pass interference defence. 12 yard penalty soccer kick, repeat first down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Here's Lambert's chance.

Edit: He's blown it. That will put pressure on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Thought he had 34/34....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

First miss for Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I called it when he joined that he would miss his first pen for Liverpool. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Poor peno. Really hope he scores at some stage tonight after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Was a bit of a dive from Raheem anyway.

Not great for Rickie's confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id say ibe will be sticking around next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Was a bit of a dive from Raheem anyway.

Not great for Rickie's confidence.

Looked like he clipped his own foot alright although first time around it looked a good call.

• Advertisement

First Caballero, now Abbiati, Lambert just has no luck against bald keepers. :(

Looked like he clipped his own foot alright although first time around it looked a good call.
    I think he was stood on then took a step and descided to go down.

It was a foul, but also a bit of a dive, like Robben vs Mexico.

Milan are unreal disjointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

It's a friendly and thus not a blemish on his record nor his confidence. I would imagine he's putting more pressure on himself at the moment. Hopefully Peters can help him feel relaxed, if not Rogers' relaxation mixed tapes will do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Have bets on liverpool -1 and -2

Given the slight criticism i was giving lambert the other day i just knew he was gonna miss. Obviously not gonna hold it against him, missing a peno in a friendly is no big deal. Might affect his confidence a little bit though

Was surprised he didnt take the free kick a few minutes earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Mig's gk jersey looks like it was once white but got put in the wash with a pair of grey and pink panties .....yuk!..... not a fan of the píss yellow jersey either....i like the 3rd black kit though..

• Advertisement

Poor ibe getting the sh!te kicked out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I hope Can comes on for the second half. He's looked really good in the games I've seen him in so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Niang is the only Milan Player who's playing with effort.

Everyone else looks Disinterested.

What's with all the mc hammer haircuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Joe Allen, having a stormer.

• Advertisement

Great tackle Joe Allen.

Getting really sick of the commentators pronouncing Jordan Ibe's name wrong.

I'd expect this from BT Sport, but not from you Sky Sports. Not from you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Will Ibe go out on loan again this year or do we think he could play a part in the first team?

A few glimpses of his quality tonight, I certainly think he could be a good squad option.

But if a good loan opportunity came up for him it'd be great to see what he could do. Would be nice if a prem team wanted to take him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Joe Allen is all over the place.

In a good way.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Will Ibe go out on loan again this year or do we think he could play a part in the first team?

A few glimpses of his quality tonight, I certainly think he could be a good squad option.

But if a good loan opportunity came up for him it'd be great to see what he could do. Would be nice if a prem team wanted to take him

I would hold onto him, dont have many pacey wingers around and hes well able for the physicality. Think he could have a part to play this year

Slattsy wrote: »
    Joe Allen, having a stormer.

Getting stuck in at the end there as well. He's a terrier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd love to see Ibe getting a few games at the front end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

martyos121 wrote: »
    Getting really sick of the commentators pronouncing Jordan Ibe's name wrong.

I'd expect this from BT Sport, but not from you Sky Sports. Not from you...

The problem is, typically that is how you pronounce Ibe. They fact that he chooses to pronounce it like "Eyeb" is whats confusing people. A bit like the James "Hamez" crap going on during the world cup.

Its Ebay isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Kirby wrote: »
    The problem is, typically that is how you pronounce Ibe. They fact that he chooses to pronounce it like "Eyeb" is whats confusing people. A bit like the James "Hamez" crap going on during the world cup.

Do you know many People with that surname? I think the fella would know the correct pronunciation considering it is his actual name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

koppy wrote: »
    Dont see what joe allen brings to the team. Not judging him on the pre season but since he joined. Just dont get him at all. Was hoping he would move on this summer

LMAO, thanks for that

Why is it crap? That's how it's pronounced where he comes from. Like "Jesus" being pronounced "Heysus".

Its Ebay isnt it?

That's the way its usually said but Jordan has said he pronounces it differently. So commentators will eventually get it.

I still chuckle at least seasons "Dick-a-Choi" suddenly becoming "De-cash-we" when they realised their mistake. :p
    Why is it crap? That's how it's pronounced where he comes from. Like "Jesus" being pronounced "Heysus".

Because his father was a fan of Bond. Making it James...not Hamez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

To be fair to the ham man, Spanish speaking people tend to pronounce their J's that way.

Its Ebay isnt it?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'd love to see Ibe getting a few games at the front end of this season.

Ye seen him play in the aviva and he looked streets ahead of everyone, including borini etc:
    They seem scared of him and sterlings pace, last year all we had from the bench was moses mainly. But ye if he stays or goes on loan ill kinda be happy either way- go Ibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Great to see Allen doing well, I expect him to step up this season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That's the way its usually said but Jordan has said he pronounces it differently. So commentators will eventually get it.

I still chuckle at least seasons "Dick-a-Choi" suddenly becoming "De-cash-we" when they realised their mistake. :p

Because his father was a fan of Bond. Making it James...not Hamez.

Really? Ha. I did not know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dirk Kuyt was a commentator pronunciation that always irritated me, very rarely correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, you sound very cultured. Have you ever been abroad?

Don't forget Dzeko. He was "zeko" for ages before they moved on to "Jecko!"
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Wow, you sound very cultured. Have you ever been abroad?

Im just not ignorant. If my second name is Smith and I want to pronounce it "symth" I can, but people are going to get it wrong everywhere I go. If Jordan pronounces his name differently, hey its his name. Go nuts. But commentators will get it wrong.

Anyway, the only people seemingly upset about it are Liverpool fans. the man himself doesn't seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Kess73 wrote: »
    The city is already on tenderhooks waiting for the first meeting between Purple Aki and either Sakho or Lukaku. Some Mario madness mixed on top of that in would be more than the city could survive :D

I can imagine an anchorman/spiderman faceoff as the 3 of them meet. As they battle for supremacy with a game of tennis ball solo challenge, an awful accident happens due to them inhaling asbestos from the gaffs just torn down to make way for the new stand. They merge into the purplest headed, adidas wearingest, bicep squeezzingest, world class defender, dreadlocked goalscoer and rapist extraordinaire!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Purpakhuku!!

Despite a dream start, It all went pear shaped after 2 games. It was the stuff of dreams as Purpakhuku was solely responsible for 2 clean sheets at one end, and netting 14 times in consecutive games against Manchester United and Leicester City. The honeymoon was soon over.

In a hotly contested affair, when Liverpool faced Barca in the champions league, it all changed. Whilst Purpakhuki was marking suarez, the Uruguayan reacted furiously to having his bicep measured, and as is tradition by now, sunk his teeth into Purpakhuku. As per his MO, Purpakhuku saw this as a sign that the Barcelona Man wanted sexual intercourse. The fans could hardly believe it when Purpakhuku proceeded to pin the south american to the ground, and give him what can only be described as a very tight man to man marking. With no clothes on. And lubricant.

FIFA will meet next week to discuss the incident, as Purpakhukus lawyers insist that there is no rule against rape in the rules of the game.

Meanwhile, Luis Suarez recovers in the Butt Hosptial de Catalunya, where is hole is expected to make a full revovery within 10 weeks. It has also been confirmed that he is expecting triplets and will be due at Christmas.

Purpakhuku Ladies and Gentlemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Drunk/stoned post alert!

In fairness i pronounced it eye-b until i saw a video of him pronouncing it himself last summer, trevor francis calling him ebay was an odd one though.

I can imagine an anchorman/spiderman faceoff as the 3 of them meet. As they battle for supremacy with a game of tennis ball solo challenge, an awful accident happens due to them inhaling asbestos from the gaffs just torn down to make way for the new stand. They merge into the purplest headed, adidas wearingest, bicep squeezzingest, world class defender, dreadlocked goalscoer and rapist extraordinaire!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Purpakhuku!!

Despite a dream start, It all went pear shaped after 2 games. It was the stuff of dreams as Purpakhuku was solely responsible for 2 clean sheets at one end, and netting 14 times in consecutive games against Manchester United and Leicester City. The honeymoon was soon over.

In a hotly contested affair, when Liverpool faced Barca in the champions league, it all changed. Whilst Purpakhuki was marking suarez, the Uruguayan reacted furiously to having his bicep measured, and as is tradition by now, sunk his teeth into Purpakhuku. As per his MO, Purpakhuku saw this as a sign that the Barcelona Man wanted sexual intercourse. The fans could hardly believe it when Purpakhuku proceeded to pin the south american to the ground, and give him what can only be described as a very tight man to man marking. With no clothes on. And lubricant.

FIFA will meet next week to discuss the incident, as Purpakhukus lawyers insist that there is no rule against rape in the rules of the game.

Meanwhile, Luis Suarez recovers in the Butt Hosptial de Catalunya, where is hole is expected to make a full revovery within 10 weeks. It has also been confirmed that he is expecting triplets and will be due at Christmas.

Purpakhuku Ladies and Gentlemen!

Good post but you've either taken too many drugs or not enough.

• Advertisement

I think it's a win win either way with ibe. He certainly seems to be good enough to get into our matchday squads often enough this season and could definitely have a positive impact and potentially have a breakthrough season. Alternatively, if we can find a team in the prem that would play him regularly it'd be great to see him get a full season of top flight football and see what he can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Suso on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Hamez is the correct phonetic spelling of the Spanish name James. Just because they are the same letters does not dictate the English pronunciation.

As a matter of interest, how do you pronounce (Thierry) Henri's name? Henry anyone?

Excited to see suso in action this half, he's in a similar position to ibe regarding a possible loan imo

Mario out to impress Brendan in this 45 - expect fireworks!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement