Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Trevor Francis just said "a front foot volley". Er.....ok.

Thought it made sense but now that you pointed it out..hmm

Crowd singing away in the background..lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

What's the news on Sturridge and Markovic anyone?

Markovich has a slight tendon problem or something but should be fine, sturridge was just precautionary i read on twitter. Dunno about flanno.

12.30amfinal...whatever about the bank holiday hangover but fcuk me nothing will be done Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

12.30amfinal...whatever about the bank holiday hangover but fcuk me nothing will be done Tuesday

Tuesday's my final day in current job....hmmm might turn up at lunch ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Tuesday's my final day in current job....hmmm might turn up at lunch ...

Sure what's the worst that can happen? They sack you? So what?? :D

• Advertisement

Sure what's the worst that can happen? They sack you? So what?? :D

Turn up early in full kit hero mode and go out zidane style..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turn up early in full kit hero mode and go out zidane style..

Ah now we don't want the poor fella arrested. Just sacked is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Half expected Balotelli to be wearing a Liverpool jersey while sitting on the Milan bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Good post but you've either taken too many drugs or not enough.

I completely agree.

Not enough at the time, but way too much since. For some perspective, please see attached a FB message I sent a buddy in England last week:

Mate i swear, wish how I could verbalise taking over you in mumum steps...know u and bray like the prdoction ****...how abouyt this for a coris lads?
    U heard about these plane tickets we have going? check it, turn iinto a big itialian event...check this shtit...lads, aer we gonna stand backp? Or are we lgonna show the world the high cost of defribilataing, comp;osing, make usoing breath..
    Sorr mate that was me..and we are takeing teh structure of our club for graned
    But I tell you now..as your friend, im really, willinng and prepared to prtoectu u mother fockuers

I completely agree.

Not enough at the time, but way too much since. For some perspective, please see attached a FB message I sent a buddy in England last week:

Mate i swear, wish how I could verbalise taking over you in mumum steps...know u and bray like the prdoction ****...how abouyt this for a coris lads?
    U heard about these plane tickets we have going? check it, turn iinto a big itialian event...check this shtit...lads, aer we gonna stand backp? Or are we lgonna show the world the high cost of defribilataing, comp;osing, make usoing breath..
    Sorr mate that was me..and we are takeing teh structure of our club for graned
    But I tell you now..as your friend, im really, willinng and prepared to prtoectu u mother fockuers

Ah sure ya...clear as mud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Some of the American fans are a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

BR: "[Sturridge] has flown back to the UK. He wasn’t going to be ready for the game, but there’s no concern. He’ll be ready for Dortmund."

Hopefully he'll be fine by then.

With Moreno and Manquillo seemingly near completion we've got a good month to look for a striker, hopefully the right decision can be made.

Liverpool play Utd in a final in America.

Funniest thing I've heard in years.

Give more of a fcuk about what I'll have for breakfast.

Roll on Southampton and the real football and get away from the faux nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool play Utd in a final in America.

Funniest thing I've heard in years.

Give more of a fcuk about what I'll have for breakfast.

Roll on Southampton and the real football and get away from the faux nonsense

While I love pre season. Nothing compares to the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Very surprised at all the negativity for Balotelli. Yes, he's a total nutcase and yes, there's a very real chance he wouldn't work out here, but getting a player of his quality for £14M is a no brainer.

Very surprised at all the negativity for Balotelli. Yes, he's a total nutcase and yes, there's a very real chance he wouldn't work out here, but getting a player of his quality for £14M is a no brainer.

Are we actually in for him!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Then we'd have to find a buyer for him next year, no thanks. The morale at the club seems excellent, I wouldn't want him arriving and ruining that in the space of a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We dont need a big ego like Balotelli coming to the club btw he was rubbish last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Out of all the strikers we've been linked with, Balotelli looks the only one with the potential to come close to replacing the 31 goals that Suarez got for us last season.

Out of all the strikers we've been linked with, Balotelli looks the only one with the potential to come close to replacing the 31 goals that Suarez got for us last season.

The same Balotelli who has never managed to get over 15 goals in a season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The guy just doesn't have the application on the pitch to provide anywhere near that.

He seems like a decent chap off the pitch who the rags love to have a go at but there's absolutely no defending his behaviour on the pitch. It's not even a case of being petulant on the field, it's a case of him simply not giving a damn at times. I absolutely could not abide by that.

The guy just doesn't have the application on the pitch to provide anywhere near that.

He seems like a decent chap off the pitch who the rags love to have a go at but there's absolutely no defending his behaviour on the pitch. It's not even a case of being petulant on the field, it's a case of him simply not giving a damn at times. I absolutely could not abide by that.

I have to agree with this. I used to love the thoughts of him playing against us because you could practically guarantee he would be awful.

He would go against everything Brendan Rodgers is trying to instill in our squad and would be a horrible influence to have around the likes of Sterling and Ibe.

Tbh, I'm finding it hard to think of a striker I would want us to sign less than I would want Balotelli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Anyone impress last night?

djPSB wrote: »

Ibe was excellent, I'd be disappointed to see him loaned out this season.
    Sterling goes without saying as usual.

Anyone have highlights of the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

djPSB wrote: »

Ibe and allen definately. Coates quietly solid yet again. I know its pre season and all by can excites me alot, could be the answer to our midfield problems or at-least some of it. Bit sad how tragic milan are after going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

How did the match go last night, tiredness kicked in and i only seen the first 15mins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yan Dhanda showboating while on U17 duty. Yes, he is our player.

https://vine.co/v/ME2wqxAKXn2

Meh, my younger brother can do all of that stuff. Tis no indication of anything really.

klose wrote: »
    Ibe and allen definately. Coates quietly solid yet again. I know its pre season and all by can excites me alot, could be the answer to our midfield problems or at-least some of it. Bit sad how tragic milan are after going.

I feel bad for Coates, when he signed for us I thought he would be starting for 10 years but he just isn't suited to England at all and I don't ever see that changing no matter how many times he impresses in pre season.

Can, I think is going to shock a lot of people this season with his physicality and all round play. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be our best signing from this summer.

I would offer him to Southampton for the year . Plus he would have a mate there in Ramirez so it would make a lot of sense .

Are Coates and Ramirez actualy mates or are you just assuming they are mates because they are both uruguayan? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mormank wrote: »
    Are Coates and Ramirez actualy mates or are you just assuming they are mates because they are both uruguayan? :confused:

Uruguayan team mates I guess.

Tusky wrote: »
    We still need a top quality attacker - someone who has the potential to go on to be a Torres, Suarez, Aguero, Van Persie, Drogba type player. And I don't mean the potential to achieve that level in the next four or five years, someone who is already nearly there. They would cost money, but that shouldn't be an issue for us, and it's the only way to replace Suarez.

We can't rely on Sturridge (injury prone), Coutiniho (inconsistent), Sterling (still only 19), Markovic (untested) etc. We have lots of good players and a really exciting team, but we will fall short without a reliable game changer.

Right. I would have to disagree. Personally I think we should focus on the team rather than the next Torres etc...Most of those players on your list left the clubs that made them into the stars they are under dubious or worse circumstances.
    On one hand you say we can't rely on Sturridge because he is too injury prone and on the other hand say we need a Torres, Suarez, Aguero, RVP or Drogba. Torres has his injury problems in his last couple of seasons with us. Aguero is actualy quite injury prone himself, missing large chunks of the past two seasons for Man city and Argentina. RVP has been completely made of glass for almost all of his career barring for one or two seasons. I believe you, along with many others on this thread, are suffering from the grass is greener effect.
    I really wish people would stop writing off Sturridge, he has been critisized constantly during and before his Liverpool career despite breaking goalscoring record after goalscoring record since he has been here. For the love of God what does he have to do to impress people around here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

With Sturridge already injured (albeit not too serious) it just reaffirms our need for another top striker.

• Advertisement

With Sturridge already injured (albeit not too serious) it just reaffirms our need for another top striker.

And who starts if both are fully fit?

We don't need another striker.

I'd have to disagree.

Another quality wing forward would be welcomed if we have aspirations this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Really :eek:. I think we need one badly tbh. I think Aubameyang would be a great signing & could be possible too imo.

Sturridge will be first choice, and rightly so. He has proven himself to be up to the task.

Bring in another striker and they will spend the majority of the season on the bench, top players don't want that.

A wide player would be my first choice but when I look at Sterling, Markovic, Lallana and Ibe I don't think it's ad necessary as people are making out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With Borini off Liverpool have to get another forward, the only question is what type.

I'm quite hot on Lavezzi as he can play across the front and is a crafty provider, he may not score many goals but that's because that's secondary in his game, however playing him will open up chances for any other forward player even if he is not a striker - Sterling, Markovic, Lallana. He'd also be very handy for the CL , has plenty of experience in that regard.

Obviously Reus would be better again but....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So if Sturridge isnt fit our main striker is Rickie Lambert? A team with title aspirations?

So if Sturridge isnt fit our main striker is Rickie Lambert? A team with title aspirations?

Sterling is IMO more than capable of playing up front.

Borini is still at the club.

Worst case scenario, Origi gets recalled in January.

I just don't see the point in spending big money on an out and out striker. A winger who can also play up front makes much more sense.

If Suarez stayed I'd be even hoping we added quality in attack tbh.

If Suarez stayed I'd be even hoping we added quality in attack tbh.

We did.
    Markovic, Lallana, Origi and Lambert.

We did.
    Markovic, Lallana, Origi and Lambert.

Lallana is midfield.

Markovic is completely untested in the prem.

Lambert is 3rd striker atm

Origi is on loan to Lille

Sterling is IMO more than capable of playing up front.

Borini is still at the club.

Worst case scenario, Origi gets recalled in January.

I just don't see the point in spending big money on an out and out striker. A winger who can also play up front makes much more sense.

You're just playing the numbers game and ignoring quality.

Borini is not good enough up front for us and I think he will go to Sunderland.

Also you should never go into a season thinking that we can just recall a loaned player. I'm sure that's contractually not allowed anyway.

We clearly need another striker and I'd say they'll get one.

Don!t worry about them spending big money, the club will look after that.

Lallana is midfield.

Markovic is completely untested in the prem.

Lambert is 3rd striker atm

Origi is on loan to Lille

I see Lallana playing in the front 3/4 more than the middle 2/3

Markovic is untested in England but I don't think he will be long getting rid of that tag.

Lambert is 3rd choice and a fine player for that role.

I'm fully aware where Origi is, he was still signed by Liverpool this summer.

murpho999 wrote: »

You're just playing the numbers game and ignoring quality.

Borini is not good enough up front for us and I think he will go to Sunderland.

Also you should never go into a season thinking that we can just recall a loaned player. I'm sure that's contractually not allowed anyway.

We clearly need another striker and I'd say they'll get one.

Don!t worry about them spending big money, the club will look after that.

I have seen nothing from Borini to say he isn't good enough to play up front for us. I don't care about the money, it's not coming out of my pocket but I can see us signing a winger instead of a big name striker.

I have seen nothing from Borini to say he isn't good enough to play up front for us. I don't care about the money, it's not coming out of my pocket but I can see us signing a winger instead of a big name striker.

Oh yes of course it's his excellent movement that you probably like.

Borini is not good enough for a team with title aspirations. Simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Wilfried Bony.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement