Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who the feck is Roy Curtis?

edit google told me this
    Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augmerson wrote: »
    Roy Curtis....Jesus. How is he a journo?

Can't post my feelings on the guy. Needless to say they're not good.

It's not just this. He's always writing complete shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ladies and gentlemen,Roy Curtis.

BuHQ4cKIYAA00lE.jpg
    Oh god. Can open. Worms everywhere.

Best to just completely avoid Tw@tter.

We have 6 players who've signed on the dotted line with hopefully another 2 defenders that'll be tied up tomorrow, or very early this week. That leaves us with the entire month to bring in another striker. After that, we're set for the season.

And deny yourself a world of information and entertainment? No thanks.

Twitter is great if you know what you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I still think there will be 4 maybe 5 players brought in.

2 full backs a Keeper a striker and i'd guess a wing forward.

I would also say 5/6 players will move on and a 2/3 will go out on loan.

So still alot of buisness to be done over the next month.

Sorry. Wasn't my intention. I just wanted to show people what he's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

You gotta laugh at the twitter panic and on here a bit with the talk of ohh we need a top striker etc. I agree we need another striker but there is nearly a month left in the window. If the situation is the same on deadline day then we can panic and moan.
    We gotta trust BR and the transfer committee. I was listening to TAW and they has a top football agent on it who has players in la liga, bundesliga, etc.
    He said LFC have the best if not one of the best scouting networks in the world. They have agents everywhere, and that when ppl talk about Rues et al he said LFC prob knew about Reus 5+ years ago and it's the same with any player. There is not a player these top clubs don't know about.
    Take Origi for example, most ppl only heard of him at WC, LFC knew about him for the past few years and they got their man. It's prob the same with Can & Markovich.
    I'm looking forward to seeing who else we bring in that's right for the club and fits the profile, not just spending £30m on a player for the sake of it or to appease fans :D

It not just to appease the fans though is it, by the end of the window we will 3 or 4 games into the season.Those are hard games as well. I would like a striker sorted so he can bed into the team in pre season and hopefully hit the ground running then for our first game vs southampton. Do you want Lambert leading the line if Sturridge injury means he misses afew games. Its nothing to do with just wanting a signing for the sake it really.

I really glad we got Origi but id much rather we prioritized sorting our starting attack rather than spending time getting a deal done for a player who wont feature for us at all.

The later we leave we it the more i can completely understand people getting nervous. We are currently much weaker up front than we were last season and our track record of drawing out some transfers for attacking players like Remy, salah,sanchez,kono, Henrik Mik to name a few is patchy at best over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ladies and gentlemen,Roy Curtis.

BuHQ4cKIYAA00lE.jpg

Disgraceful really. He really does have a bizarre fixation with Gerrard.

Disgraceful really. He really does have a bizarre fixation with Gerrard.

What a vindictive thing to write. Hes got a chip on his shoulder no doubt about it when it comes to Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I've never seen any worthwhile football info on Twitter that wasn't posted to the site of a credible source within minutes.

Waste of time and full of bull**** rumours

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sorry. Wasn't my intention. I just wanted to show people what he's like.

Don't buy that rag anyway, that's just one more reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

viper006 wrote: »
    The later we leave we it the more i can completely understand people getting nervous. We are currently much weaker up front than we were last season and our track record of drawing out some transfers for attacking players like Remy, salah,sanchez,kono, Henrik Mik to name a few is patchy at best over the last few seasons.

Yes we are weaker up front and I'm sure that's the clubs main priority.
    All those players you list the club did everything possible to get them and lost out for one reason or another.

Remy - Club pulled out of the deal as saw something wasn't right

Salah - Got gazumoed by Chelsea, could do nothing about that

Sanchez - Player wanted London over LFC

Kono - Club did everything possible to close the deal but got messed up by Dnipro owner

Henrik Mik - Couldn't compete once BVB came calling for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Roy Curtis is an absolute cnut of the highest order and he tries so hard to be controversial. One of the worst journalists in this country. Robbing a living comes to mind when I think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd love to see the objective and informed piece that followed it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Roy Curtis is an absolute cnut of the highest order and he tries so hard to be controversial. One of the worst journalists in this country. Robbing a living comes to mind when I think of him.

I think even discussing it is only feeding the beast,giving him the attention he is looking for,better off ignored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

He looks like a sound bloke anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Do you want Lambert leading the line if Sturridge injury means he misses afew games.

Yes. Of course, isn't that what he was signed to do?

Was very impressed with Lambert last season. If Sturridge misses a few games he's the best player in the squad to take his place. Do you not want him at all?

Bitterness at its very finest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

8-10 wrote: »

Was very impressed with Lambert last season. If Sturridge misses a few games he's the best player in the squad to take his place. Do you not want him at all?

This is the problem at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Long Shot but would love to see us go for Cavani. What are the chances?

Cavani spent all of last year in the press saying how Suarez was too good for Liverpool and should be allowed to leave.

I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near the club.

The only time I want to see him at Anfield is on a CL night when we stuff PSG!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Roy Curtis tripe is unreadable. He is so so poor at what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

never heard of your man but who in their right mind reads the sunday world anyway?

billy2012 wrote: »
    This is the problem at present.

I don't think that's a problem at all. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start a single league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Doesn't take much to become a journo these days does it.?

bluefinger wrote: »
    never heard of your man but who in their right mind reads the sunday world anyway?

1/4 million people apparently.

Toilet paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Cavani spent all of last year in the press saying how Suarez was too good for Liverpool and should be allowed to leave.

The only time I want to see him at Anfield is on a CL night when we stuff PSG!! :)

he told the truth. whats wrong with that? :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

bluefinger wrote: »

I do,its not a bad newspaper to be fair what dont you like about it?

I'm only putting this here for sheer devilment

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/milan/2014/articoli/1043333/balotelli-verso-liverpool-si-fa-per-20-milioni-di-euro-160-.shtml
    Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: negotiation is warm and you can close. As revealed by our Babey, Mino Raiola is already dealing with the Reds the Supermario engagement. To Galliani has not yet reached an official bid from England, but in recent days the price of the attacker crashed: now the rossoneri are willing to sell for 18-20 million euros. Money to reinvest for Cerci, but attention to Monaco. The lack of offers and the desire to get rid of it, in spite of the percentages of Galliani ("stay with us at 99.999%) have sent down the price tag. Inzaghi wants an external and need the money of the divestment of Balo. Lavezzi remains a dream, while the track is more Cerci passable. You have to hurry because we beat the competition of the monk who has a nice little treasure to invest: the Cairo will sell to the highest bidder, despite good relations with the rossoneri environment. So the Reds have identified in Supermario the replacement for Suarez, went to Barcelona. From the Road Anfiel parts, however, does not want to humor: 18-20 million euros is the right price for the deal. Then we will cover with gold Balo for report into Premier. Also insulting to Manchester City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

rarnes1 wrote: »
    1/4 million people apparently.

Toilet paper
    A bit harsh on toilet paper, tbf...

Ballotelli is not a Rodgers player whatsoever.

I'd say zero chance of us ever going for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I do,its not a bad newspaper to be fair what dont you like about it?

i actually haven't seen a copy in years, from memory though it was a compendium of salacious gossip, awful writing and sensationalist crime drivel. not my cup of tea at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I dunno rarnes, I heard the Rod speaking up Balotelli in a press conference a few days back before the Milan match. Now maybe you have to when the press ask you about someone but he was generally favourable.
    The Rod wrote:
    "Balotelli has all the qualities. He’s 6’3”, he’s quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he’s still so young.

"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.

"He’s a big talent."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is nowt more imo than folk trying to make a story out of a non story.

Plenty of other options out there in the same price range that would come with less baggage and more by way of on pitch performances.

A bit of Mario madness is fine as long as he belongs to some other team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Can, I think is going to shock a lot of people this season with his physicality and all round play. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be our best signing from this summer.

I've been thinking the very same thing. He looks great on the ball & shows great movement. A midfield of Can, Hendo & Lallana will be something to behold.

skywalker wrote: »
    I've been thinking the very same thing. He looks great on the ball & shows great movement. A midfield of Can, Hendo & Lallana will be something to behold.

Someone (maybe Can) will have to give Gerrard a nice big bump tackle before the season starts ;)

I'm already sold on the German, he'll be a right crowd rouser, crash! bang! wallop! out of defence, pass forward to Sterling jinking pass to Sturridge goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fabio-balotelli-told-me-about-kop
    Fabio Borini has revealed how a conversation with Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli helped convince him Liverpool fans were the most passionate in England and that playing at Anfield would be a 'beautiful experience'.

"The fans played a big part (in me joining Liverpool)," Borini told FourFourTwo magazine. "When I was with Italy at Euro 2012, I was talking to Balotelli about England, and he told me that Liverpool had the most exciting fans to play in front of.
    Sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dogbert27 wrote: »

This and he is massively overrated. PSG spent 50m on him and are happy to get shot says everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He only can on at half time last night, and he was bolexed after 20 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If we cant get anyone to come in up front, what then?.

Have to keep your options open at all times.

I would take Ballotelli on loan.

But i'd rather sign Bony.

Absolutely no point going after players another level down that wont actually 'contribute' in the grand scheme.

Balotelli on loan would be hard to turn down, but it would say a lot about just how much AC want rid of him, a player they were desperate for and paid over the odds for just over a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We took Moses on loan, why not Balotelli?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Posts like this should be bookmarked.

The amount of times I or someone else has said this most be close to the bull**** transfer stories we hear.

Echo gossip suggests that U21 defender Rafael Paez is off to Bologna (now in Serie B) on loan for the season.

Luis Alberto scored a goal against West Ham for Malaga.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'd rather Moses than Balotelli. There, I said it.

I'd rather Moses than Balotelli. There, I said it.

Ah now here. At least with Balotelli he'd give at a minimum one quality performance. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In terms of risk versus potential rewards, I would be all over Balotelli.

8-10 wrote: »

Sorry but going from the most exciting partnership in European football in suarez and Sturridge to Lambert leading the line for such important games would really concern me.

I'm more than happy for Lambert to prove me wrong but I think we badly need another striker. As someone stated earlier a player like sanchez or remy to can come in from wide being ideal.

Sorry but going from the most exciting partnership in European football in suarez and Sturridge to Lambert leading the line for such important games would really concern me.

I'm more than happy for Lambert to prove me wrong but I think we badly need another striker. As someone stated earlier a player like sanchez or remy to can come in from wide being ideal.

Just to be clear, I'm definitely not saying we don't need another striker, we definitely do and he should be somebody younger than Lambert with a good ceiling. The likes of Remy or Bony would fit that, I'd have either to score more goals than Lambert next year.

But my point was simply that Lambert is no Aspas. He can lead a line and has done for last few seasons in a decent team. There's plenty of 'English'-style teams in the mid and lower part of the table that Lambert would be perfect for, the likes of the promoted teams or Hull/West Ham etc who have big centre halves that he's really used to playing against.

I think it's great that we have him as an option. He's a quality player and hope he does well.

in risk versus potential rewards, I would be all over Balotelli.

So would I - with a net. He is the sort of player who sometimes doesn't even pick up his tools so he can down them during a match. Can you imagine Rodgers have to judge him to the last minute before making the change to Lambert or a false No 9 if he suddenly decides to have a strop. That's the kind of man he is. Sure he'd be great for a few games in any given 8 match spell but that's of no use if he is utterly disinterested for the other 6.

There are better players out there, the club are working on it. Better to get the right player on the last day of the window than sign the wrong player in the morning,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lads, I am very impressed with Can so far. He will do well for us this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement