Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Mark Hughes still interested in signing Assaidi. Says its an ongoing process and the desire to sign him remains.
    Not sure if the main hold up is the £7m fee or wages
    Either way it'll most likely get done.

Rumour is he's asking for 45k a week and thats the sticking point as Stoke are offering 30k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Southampton still have a decent enought first eleven, granted there is zero depth, and a good manager in koeman. You would imagine they will start reinvesting soon enough/dip into their academy and will be fine id imagine. Still think we will lose to em first game of the seaason, bad feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool FC have opened talks with Spanish youngster Suso over a new contract.

The 20-year-old attacker returned to Anfield this summer after spending last season on loan at Almeria in his homeland.

Suso has less than a year to run on his current deal but is keen to stay put.

“We are talking with the club already,” Suso revealed.

“Hopefully I will sign a new contract soon. I want to stay here.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-open-talks-over-7523230

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Yay. New contract and a loan to Southampton please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ha! just about the post the same :) Get that deal done and send him to either Blackpool or Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Express linking us to lavezzi in the morning. He is 29 and only scored 9 goals last season. Can't see that move happening at all

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ha! just about the post the same :) Get that deal done and send him to either Blackpool or Southampton.

I hope you're joking with Blackpool. Prem club if anywhere, but I'd like to see him get reasonable game time at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Express linking us to lavezzi in the morning. He is 29 and only scored 9 goals last season. Can't see that move happening at all

I'd take Lavezzi for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Origi to be announced tomorrow according to The Echo.

I'm pronouncing it "Orgy" and don't care if that's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yep, hes already back at Lille and all today!

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Yep, hes already back at Lille and all today!

No leaning then??

Nobody will believe we've signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've been doing that ever since I first read his name. :D

No leaning then??

Nobody will believe we've signed him.

I guess he'll have to...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

kn-lille instead.

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So well be waiting another year for a Lille orgy?

Knex. wrote: »
    He'll have to kn-lille instead.

OUT!!

I'm done. Delighted after that. :pac:

I'm done. Delighted after that. :pac:

Oh Jesus...your edit made it worse :D

Oh Jesus...your edit made it worse :D

And made me happier :D

I'd take Lavezzi for sure.

I'd go full retard if we signed Lavezzi

Skrtel--Lovren--Sakho
    Hendo-Can
    Coutinho
    Sterling-
    -Lavezzi--Sturridge--Markovic

tumblr_m9vtc8Eq8q1rwhmdho1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Skrtel--Lovren--Sakho
    Hendo-Can
    Coutinho
    Sterling-

Might work on fifa :pac:

BtoG0HvIEAAUlxo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I can't really see us not picking up 3 points against Southampton. I'd also fancy us to knock a few past them hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

15m yoyo's for Agger from Barca is the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Skrtel--Lovren--Sakho
    Hendo-Can
    Coutinho
    Sterling-

By the looks of that team you already have :pac:

daithijjj wrote: »
    15m yoyo's for Agger from Barca is the latest.

I'd sell him for that. But then again, I'm broke. :p

Be interesting to see what Liverpool will do, if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I'd sell him for that. But then again, I'm broke. :p

Be interesting to see what Liverpool will do, if that's true.

We had a better player 4 years ago, if true, snap hands off imo. Depends if he will go i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£15m for Agger is great money to be honest, I'd say that's why Liverpool were happy to pay £20m for Lovren.

Replacing Agger with a better defender and 5 years younger for a difference of £5m really is a good deal all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

daithijjj wrote: »
    We had a better player 4 years ago, if true, snap hands off imo. Depends if he will go i suppose.

Opportunity to play for Barcelona and he knows he's not wanted at Liverpool? He would be on the first plane there. I'm sure he can laser his Liverpool tattoo's off. :P

• Advertisement

Agger would finally get his dream move.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

What Southampton are to Liverpool, Liverpool are to Barcelona

Did yous see Trinity bar/Citi bar on Dame Street in Dublin are gonna be the "official" Liverpool supporters bar for the coming season. I suppose it comes off the back of them getting behind Argentina for the world cup. Fairly cynical move i guess, but could work out to be decent enough if the put on good deals and offers during games. Would be fairly handy to have a proper supporters bar in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Did yous see citi bar on Dame Street in Dublin are gonna be the "official" Liverpool supporters bar for the coming season. I suppose it comes off the back of them getting behind Argentina for the world cup. Fairly cynical move i guess, but could work out to be decent enough if the put on good deals and offers during games. Would be fairly handy to have a proper supporters bar in town.

official how? what about the YNWA irish reds on sundrive road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Whilst everyone has sympathy for Southampton, if Koeman is given a fair wedge of what has came so far he'll have some suitcase of cash at his disposal.

I don't, for the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Agger has become an icon at Liverpool, for me. Will be sad to see him leave (if he is to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Agger has become an icon at Liverpool, for me. Will be sad to see him leave (if he is to).

As will I, and I imagine most other fans, but he has regressed these past few years and we have three better options (imo) in Lovren, Sakho and Skrtel with plenty of other players who can hopefully make the step up.

£15 million and ~£90k p/w off the books worth more to us than back up player in our best stocked position. No room for sentimentality under FSG, as it should be in the modern game.

The real question here is, will D'Agger get a name change?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    official how? what about the YNWA irish reds on sundrive road?

Hence the "".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The real question here is, will D'Agger get a name change?

My vote goes to J'Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Kirby wrote: »
    Opportunity to play for Barcelona and he knows he's not wanted at Liverpool? He would be on the first plane there. I'm sure he can laser his Liverpool tattoo's off. :P

Ahh.. the new guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Did yous see Trinity bar/Citi bar on Dame Street in Dublin are gonna be the "official" Liverpool supporters bar for the coming season. I suppose it comes off the back of them getting behind Argentina for the world cup. Fairly cynical move i guess, but could work out to be decent enough if the put on good deals and offers during games. Would be fairly handy to have a proper supporters bar in town.

Grand place to watch a game. Watched the wc final there. TVs good and high on the wall and volume up full blast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

"Reggie" for me.

Just reading some stuff on Vermalen he has missed 116 games through 12 different injuries in 7 seasons. Hard to see Liverpool singing the new Darren Anderton to say the least. Zero chance

As for Lavezzi here is the story linking him to us from the Daily Express. About as credible as the Isco rumour if you ask me.
    PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN may have dropped a significant hint that Manchester United and Liverpool targets Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi will be leaving Parc des Princes this summer.

The club have released an advertising campaign for the launch of next season's third kit, and both Cavani and Lavezzi are nowhere to be seen.

The picture features an array of stars including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Yohan Cabaye, Thiago Silva and new £50m signing David Luiz but their coveted forwards don't appear.

Another significant absentee is Javier Pastore who has been linked with his own move away from the Parisian side.

Some will claim the World Cup stars were away on international duty for the pictures, but the inclusion of two Brazilian stars - who played in a third-place play-off - dispel any such argument.

It seems strange that their prized asset Cavani, who only signed one-year-ago for a club record fee of £50m is excluded from the launch.

The pair's absence has sent ripples throughout Europe, and signals that PSG are prepared to offload players to secure the signing of Angel Di Maria.

Laurent Blanc and his side are desperate to land the Argentine star, but face severe repercussions if they breach Financial Fair Play regulations again.

The club already received a £20m fine last year, and that promises to increase in severity if they violate Fifa's imposed rules for the second successive season.

An absence from a kit launch has already foretold a players club exit this summer.

Cesc Fabregas didn't feature in any of Barcelona's campaigns, and shortly made his £30m move to Chelsea.

The news boosts Liverpool's hopes of signing a striker capable of emulating Barcelona convert Luis Suarez.

Brendan Rodgers is acutely aware of his need to bolster Liverpool's attacking options, with Daniel Sturridge, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini as their only recognised strikers.

Furthermore the £75m cash injection generated by the sale of Suarez is proof that Liverpool have the financial ability to procure his services.

Finally here is Gary Monk talking about Bony. Looks extremely unlikely we will overpay for him so id say we can close the book on him joining. A pity
    “Wilfried remains a Swansea City player and we have had no contact from anyone about him,” he told reporters.

“Everything that has been said about him this summer has been in the papers. We are not a newspaper company. We just deal with realism. At the moment nothing has come in and Wilfried remains a Swansea City player.

“But the situation can’t drag on for the whole summer. You don’t want one of those scenarios where it goes all the way up to the last day. It has to be made loud and clear, the fact is he is not for sale, unless someone comes in with an astronomical offer which does happen. Unless they want to pay an astronomical fee, then he is going nowhere.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did someone say lavezzi?

Sorry. I need to wipe the drool from my face.

Oh sweet jeebus its happening isnt it ? #believe

My starting 11 for next season
    Moreno--Lovren--Sakho--Enrique
    Reus--Coutinho
    Sterling-

Germany’s biggest newspaper Bild have a broken a potentially huge story overnight on Monday, announcing that Marco Reus has rejected a Borussia Dortmund contract extension.

According to Bild, contract talks between the player and club and Dortmund collapsed in May, and the 25-year-old German forward is now able to leave Jurgen Klopp’s outfit for €35m from 2015, as per his release-clause.

Reus, who is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2017, is on the radar of Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Barcelona.

Bild have now dubbed Reus as Mario Gotze II, in that the German starlet appears to be determined to leave BVB according to the terms of his get-out clause. This news comes just days after Klopp announced:

Marco [Reus] and Mats [Hummels] will be playing for us next season. I can assure everybody that there is no sign at all that either of them want to leave.

Dortmund also announced on Monday that they are looking to sell 5% equity in their football club in order to attempt to close the financial gap on Bayern Munich.

Aside from Man United, Barcelona and Bayern, we can now expect a long throng of club to line up in an effort to sign Reus as soon as he becomes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh sweet jeebus its happening isnt it ? #believe

My starting 11 for next season
    Moreno--Lovren--Sakho--Enrique
    Reus--Coutinho
    Sterling-

If United, Munich and Barcelona are looking at him, we've got no chance.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If United, Munich and Barcelona are looking at him, we've got no chance.

United have never been linked with him, instead are linked with vidal
    Barcelona have signed Rakatic and now extended xavis contract
    Munich have the most packed midfield in Europe

I think there is every chance we could get him if we pushed the boat out hugely
    Not saying we will get him or that we could compete with barca or munich if they really really wanted him but that looks highly unlikely.

Metro now running with the story and linking Liverpool ( I know im clutching at straws but the straws are so attractive !!)
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/29/liverpool-transfer-boost-as-marco-reus-rejects-new-borussia-dortmund-contract-4813633/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reus is an attacker not a midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Obv everyone would love him to come I'm pretty sure we all know it's not happening...

Besides he'd just get in the way of pachecos development.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

United have never been linked with him, instead are linked with vidal
    Barcelona have signed Rakatic and now extended xavis contract
    Munich have the most packed midfield in Europe

I think there is every chance we could get him if we pushed the boat out hugely
    Not saying we will get him or that we could compete with barca or munich if they really really wanted him but that looks highly unlikely.

Metro now running with the story and linking Liverpool ( I know im clutching at straws but the straws are so attractive !!)
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/29/liverpool-transfer-boost-as-marco-reus-rejects-new-borussia-dortmund-contract-4813633/

I seen a link to UTD a few weeks ago, not saying it was a relaible link or anything but they did say REUS wouldnt go to UTD because they had no Champions League.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement