Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Mickalus wrote: »
    Jamie?

Nicole?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Augmerson wrote: »
    Nicole?

Papa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Jackson Martínez. Yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Papa?

You win this round Vinz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Would he be cup tied?
    Players can now play for two sides in a European competition, once the first appearance is the preliminary rounds.

He's actually gone off the boil of late, whether that's down to his temperament after how dnipro handled the last time we went for him or he's just hit a poor run of form, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we missed out on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd a long post typed out, lost in the ether! We aren't going to sign a Falcao, even Suarez and Torres were U-25, Alonso and Masch too IIRC. Henry has got us to where we are based on a transfer policy that many of us doubted, I seriously wondered if we'd ever win a PL title in my lifetime and we nearly got the Holy Grail. And guess what, it was't by an established manager we all wanted, it ws by a young manager some scoffed at as way below the clubs standards and many had doubts about. These owners are savy, so forget Falcao's, they know the Suarez money has to be invested wisely more than any of us, we have shown interest in Sanchez and maybe Martinez. We've a lot going for us, good manager, we value young talent, CL football and the chance to be the next Suarez. And as exciting as a Mata, Fabregas or Costa is, watching Sterling, Flanagan, Sturridge and Coutinho brings huge smiles.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Fescue wrote: »
    You win this round Vinz.

Mines a pint.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Celtic being dumped out of the Champions League tonight, anybody think Fraser Foster would be a good signing to compete with Mig as Pepe is on his way out ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

dubdamo wrote: »
    Celtic being dumped out of the Champions League tonight, anybody think Fraser Foster would be a good signing to compete with Mig as Pepe is on his way out ?

I'd rather Brad Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Papa?

Don't preach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'd rather Brad Jones

He's far better than Brad Jones to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd a long post typed out, lost in the ether!

Browser extension called Lazarus, stores posts so that even if you close browser, or whatever, you can recall it all back.

Pretty handy.

Knex. wrote: »
    Browser extension called Lazarus, stores posts so that even if you close browser, or whatever, you can recall it all back.

Pretty handy.

Have it on Firefox actually I think I recommended it on here in feedback or site development. Firefox still kicks ass.. Unfortunately that post was on my mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho in a way reminds me of Suarez's form from 2011-2012 . Playing great but because he isn't scoring or assisting as much as he should doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his general play. One of the best youngsters in Europe & I'm expecting a big season from him. A big game player too & I think he will shine in the Champions League.

He's far better than Brad Jones to be fair.

Definitely, doubt he'll be moving South to sit on the bench though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Links to Falcao

Mina Rzouki @Minarzouki
    Italy may be beautiful for a holiday but it's also useful. Meetings today & a v. good source told me Liverpool have the advantage for Falcao
    @Rodgerism the source is impeccable
    It's not yet done. Falcao is between Liverpool and City but the former quite a bit in the lead to land the player. What a coup it would be

Can't see it happening though.

Have it on Firefox actually I think I recommended it on here in feedback or site development. Firefox still kicks ass.. Unfortunately that post was on my mobile.

Should have known K-9 was no rookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Alberto is another one of those "I don't understand why he didn't get more time"

When he played he looked decent.. always seemed to have an eye for a good pass and yet rarely got time.

Even more baffling when you considered the likes of Moses get so many cameos..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MD1990 wrote: »
    Links to Falcao

Mina Rzouki @Minarzouki

Can't see it happening though.

We're as likely to re-sign Suarez this summer as sign Falcao imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

tok9 wrote: »
    Alberto is another one of those "I don't understand why he didn't get more time"

When he played he looked decent.. always seemed to have an eye for a good pass and yet rarely got time.

I think I read somewhere before(probably here) that Moses had to get a certain amount of game time, might have been in the contract or summut.

As for Alberto, he was as laboured as fcuk on the ball, really slowed the game down when he got on the ball. I'm sure he could be a good player, but like Coates, needs to work on his explosiveness and pace to fit in with the way Liverpool are looking to play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Liverpool to sign Falcao ???

And beat $ity to the signing ?!

Laugh-Arnold.gif

tok9 wrote: »

Just didn't seem to suit the style of the team. Doesn't mean he is a bad player or buy. I can see Suso ending up similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Apparently Agger has had a heart-to-heart conversation with Rodgers and has asked to leave the club. The player broke down into tears and was consoled by members of the squad. Given permission to leave the tour and fly back. [Mirror]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Apparently Agger has had a heart-to-heart conversation with Rodgers and has asked to leave the club. The player broke down into tears and was consoled by members of the squad. Given permission to leave the tour and fly back. [Mirror]

sad to hear that! it has to happen though..regardless of how much of a top guy he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think we can safely dismissed any Falcao chat - the wages alone would rule it out.

Agger asking to leave club sounds like odd, I'd have thought he was just told where he was in the scheme of things and is having to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd say you'll see Agger off to Napoli. He was one of Rafa's better buys and he always played him when fit. I assume he wants to play all the time and isn't content with a spot on the bench, and has probably been told he is 4th choice CB since Lovern signed. I'd keep him sooner than Toure and i can't understand why he's still a Liverpool player tbh.

I said it before, but its weird in the way we expect loyalty from players, yet when deemed surplus to requirements, we are happy to move them on.

Agger, from what I can tell, seems like a top bloke who gave his all to the Club, and the city of Liverpool. Yeah, I think his days as a starting CB for us are over, or almost over, but I have nothing but respect for the man.

Fair play to him for sticking with us when times were tough under H&G as well. Many wouldn't have, especially with the reputation he had in the game back then, because no doubt teams came calling.

If he felt he would start the majority of games, I have no doubt he'd tell all other teams to take a hike. Unfortunately, he never quite managed to reach the potential that he had, most likely due to injuries, and its a shame.

So yeah, bit of a ramble, but just wanted to send a bit of respect his way before we hear about fees and clubs coming in for him, and all that. Business is business, and running a football club is just that, but he deserves a little bit of sentimentality I feel.

Weirdly Blue Mon forums have crashed unless my browser has decided to revolt. Love to see what they think of this Falcao story esp the notion of being in competition with Liverpool.

edit its back......./rubs hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Much as I like the guy, this is exactly why he has no place in our starting 11 anymore. What striker is going to fear a player who breaks down in tears after a heart to heart with the boss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I am pie wrote: »
    As predicted Suarez leaving has opened the doors for the doom mongers to come flooding through.

Nothing the say or do will convince me that they wouldn't actually be glad for Liverpool to fail this year. We have the best manager we have had in years, finally got back into Europe, finished 2nd in the league last year and yet ...and yet.

It's pathetic.

They seem an odd mix .. Half of them are still stuck in the 80s, spinning their Depeche Mode and Smiths original vinyls in their bedrooms. The rest are fan boys who want to slag their United/Chelsea following mates and dont appreciate concepts like finance and building sustainable growth in a club.

Let em off, engage with realists and don't fret about them.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'd say you'll see Agger off to Napoli. He was one of Rafa's better buys and he always played him when fit. I assume he wants to play all the time and isn't content with a spot on the bench, and has probably been told he is 4th choice CB since Lovern signed. I'd keep him sooner than Toure and i can't understand why he's still a Liverpool player tbh.

I'd say so. In fairness Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel, Agger, Toure, Illori, Coates, its too much

Guardian Interview - Sami Hyypia

Nothing wrong with a bit of Depeche Mode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

garra wrote: »
    They seem an odd mix .. Half of them are still stuck in the 80s, spinning their Depeche Mode and Smiths original vinyls in their bedrooms. The rest are fan boys who want to slag their United/Chelsea following mates and dont appreciate concepts like finance and building sustainable growth in a club.

Let em off, engage with realists and don't fret about them.

What a strange post. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Or a lot of The Smiths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Much as I like the guy, this is exactly why he has no place in our starting 11 anymore. What striker is going to fear a player who breaks down in tears after a heart to heart with the boss?

To be honest, that's a really childish post, and shows a lack of understanding on many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Too many playing football manager. Would I love the club to go out and spend 60m on a player and give them 250k a week? Sure it would be great but we have to be realistic here.

A top player does not guarantee a top 4 finish or league challenge. If we go down the road of gambling the financial stability against quick success we will be in big trouble if it backfires. Having high earners on long contracts you gambled on been paid by continued CL revenue is a bad idea.

We are a football club but also a business not a billionaire plaything. Developing talent is what this club is built on and will always be.

We have a top manager and a strong young squad for the new season. I am very confident will see success in the future and in the coming weeks the club will address any positions in the squad.

At first I was like, "Ehhh"

tumblr_m08xamKkCU1qiunvpo1_500.gif

Then I was like, "Hmmm... How to react?"

4334iD6AB5A2C142206D4?v=mpbl-1

Finally, I settled on.

137547435817.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Agger is Liverpool through and through, I will be sad to see him go.

From a football point of view I think it's the right decision. He's injury prone and can be often caught out.

This is one of his finest moments though.

tumblr_mpmhbusGIL1rk1rmho1_500.gif

The Farm must have been about in the 80's. Anyway, I met young people who never experienced the Stone Roses.

If its true about Agger crying over leaving the club it only makes me like him more.

It's best for him to leave if he knows he's not gonna get games but he obviously loves the club.

Agger leaving will get to me more than Pepe

What a strange post. :confused:

Ah not really, just pointing out that it's the sentimental and the inexperienced who are most vocal about splurging wads of cash on a big name striker, with little regard for the inherent risk ensuing.

ps I still have vinyls from the bands mentioned but tend to play the mp3s nowadays, you have to move on!!

The Farm must have been about in the 80's. Anyway, I met young people who never experienced the Stone Roses.

Great band, love that song Sympathy for the Devil.

Bit lke people who never watched Blazing Saddles or Monty Python.

Just in case any of those whippersnappers are reading..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

garra wrote: »

ps I still have vinyls from the bands mentioned but tend to play the mp3s nowadays, you have to move on!!

mp3? What is this? 2003 or something. Subscribe to a streaming service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Knex. wrote: »
    I said it before, but its weird in the way we expect loyalty from players, yet when deemed surplus to requirements, we are happy to move them on.

Agger, from what I can tell, seems like a top bloke who gave his all to the Club, and the city of Liverpool. Yeah, I think his days as a starting CB for us are over, or almost over, but I have nothing but respect for the man.

Fair play to him for sticking with us when times were tough under H&G as well. Many wouldn't have, especially with the reputation he had in the game back then, because no doubt teams came calling.

If he felt he would start the majority of games, I have no doubt he'd tell all other teams to take a hike. Unfortunately, he never quite managed to reach the potential that he had, most likely due to injuries, and its a shame.

So yeah, bit of a ramble, but just wanted to send a bit of respect his way before we hear about fees and clubs coming in for him, and all that. Business is business, and running a football club is just that, but he deserves a little bit of sentimentality I feel.

Does anyone ever print this and send it to players? It'd be a nice gesture in this case...

It will be sad to see the departure of Agger do do do but I DO think it is the right decision for the club.

One man that will miss him though is Skrtel.
    tumblr_mczlxriEYO1qankmno1_250.gif

tumblr_n2kxftqLO41qhdweeo1_250.gif

tumblr_m1zqkssch51qjtec9o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement