Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Lucky Arsenal - they drew Besiktas in their CL play off.

Indeed, also vermaelan off to barca, where does this leave Agger?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

How liverpool are lining up at training today ahead of the Dortmund game

Johnson filling in a Moreno shaped hole for the time being

"Lovren at LCB, Skrtel at RCB, Johnson at left back and Manquillo at right back"

Markovic also not training which is a pity nor is Lallana so would be a stretch to see them v Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Oranage2 wrote: »

Off to Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The strikers we've genuinely been linked with? Like Sanchez, Cavani and Falcao?!? Who do you want us linked with?!?

Literally Jesus Christ.

I hear he's nailed on.

I'll get my coat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

"Lovren at LCB, Skrtel at RCB, Johnson at left back and Manquillo at right back"

Markovic also not training which is a pity nor is Lallana so would be a stretch to see them v Southampton

He was training today. Ignore the twitter rubbish that was going around from earlier this morning. He should be in some of the training pics that will come out later today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'd be annoyed if Skrtel keeps his place this season. The goals he scored last year drew attention away from some fairly average defending from him. Sakho and Lovren would definitely be my first choice

Oranage2 wrote: »

Off to Utd??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Gbear wrote: »
    Literally Jesus Christ.

I hear he's nailed on.

I'll get my coat..

Great at crosses, miraculous recovery from injury etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Should be dispatched.

One of these years there'll be a shock though.

Ba now plays for Besiktas as a matter of interest

And scored a hat trick in their qualifier the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Off to Utd??

I can't see it. Even in this cynical age I can't see Agger ever playing in a United shirt.

It's unfortunate for Agger, would've been nice to see him get a big move. I'm not sure there's many other clubs out there who will be willing to pay a double figure fee... So do we let him go cheap?

On the plus side, nice to see United missing out on a target so close to the start of the season. They still have not replaced Ferdinand or Vidic. Small ing, Jones, Evans... Not sure if any of them are top class CBs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

£15m for Vermaelen in the last year of his contract.

the market is fúcking insane.

um, that'll be £25m for Agger. please and thank you.

Apparently Cavani has sacked his agent and appointed his brother.

Sappy404 wrote: »

Annoyed at being linked with us obviously :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Unless his brother is Ian Ayre, this can only be bad news. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We havent a clue who the club have made bids for. Some stuff gets leaked most doesnt. Why the negativity ? We have made an enquiry about Cavani according the players agent and have NOT made one for Bony according to the players manager so not sure whats going on with people on this thread?

If it takes till August 31st at 11.59 for us to sign a marquee player vs going out now and buying one of the endless second tier players we have been linked to are you suggesting we dont wait?

I don't feel like I'm being negative, I'm just commenting on the situation. We have been in this situation a number of times before with FSG and then started the season without the necessary players. People have short memories. Again - the season starts in nine days.

I like the manager, I like the team, I like a lot of our signings - I'm just concerned that we don't seem to have a definite plan in place in regards to replacing Suarez.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    I don't feel like I'm being negative, I'm just commenting on the situation. We have been in this situation a number of times before with FSG and then started the season without the necessary players. People have short memories. Again - the season starts in nine days.

I like the manager, I like the team, I like a lot of our signings - I'm just concerned that we don't seem to have a definite plan in place in regards to replacing Suarez.

Yup. But apparently we don't need anyone until August 31st at 11.59. And if you disagree with this dubious contention you're panicking.

Here's where a few of us differ. I personally do think there is a plan in place..and that is don't even try to replace him with one player. And that to me looks like what they have been doing, add extra goals and creativity from midfield, shore up the back so we aren't as brittle.

Now there is a need for a final piece and that is a good quality forward who can lead the line alone when Sturridge is missing and can dovetail with him when we are at full strength. If that doesn't happen then its a bad window. If it does (at all evidence suggests we are trying to ) then it will have been a very good window

martyos121 wrote: »
    Unless his brother is Ian Ayre, this can only be bad news. :(

Unless you don't think he's worth the extortionate fee and wages.

Cavani sacked his agent and appointed his brother last summer, thats how he ended up at PSG.
    The quotes bandied about are not from his agent (who is still his brother) but from part of the advisory group that handles his affairs.
    Quotes still have merit as far as im concerned (that may be wishful thinking but however)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Here's where a few of us differ. I personally do think there is a plan in place..and that is don't even try to replace him with one player. And that to me looks like what they have been doing, add extra goals and creativity from midfield, shore up the back so we aren't as brittle.

Now there is a need for a final piece and that is a good quality forward who can lead the line alone when Sturridge is missing and can dovetail with him when we are at full strength. If that doesn't happen then its a bad window. If it does (at all evidence suggests we are trying to ) then it will have been a very good window

Already posted my thoughts on this plan on the previous page.
    A decent assessment of the team. I also think we are probably heading for a fifth place finish at present.

I really hate this attitude though:

"Clearly, they considered the loaded question of how to replace an incredible individual talent like Suárez and reached the obvious conclusion; you cannot."

We will not be able to replace Suarez with a like for like player - he's simply too good. That much is true. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't even try replace him at all. We might not be able to buy the Suarez of 13/14, but maybe we could buy the Suarez of 2010/2011 or the Torres of 2007/2008? The strikers we have been genuinely linked with have been really underwhelming and we will struggle for top four unless we get a top player in to replace Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

mosstin wrote: »
    Yup. But apparently we don't need anyone until August 31st at 11.59. And if you disagree with this dubious contention you're panicking.

Nobody has said that and you know it.

Of course it isn't ideal to wait till deadline day but if that's what it takes, it's what it takes. Talk of worry because we haven't signed a striker on the 8th August is panic.

9 days to kick off, 23 to deadline day. A lot of business can be done in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Cavani sacked his agent and appointed his brother last summer, thats how he ended up at PSG.
    The quotes bandied about are not from his agent (who is still his brother) but from part of the advisory group that handles his affairs.
    Quotes still have merit as far as im concerned (that may be wishful thinking but however)

I can't take the Cavani/Falcao links seriously as to me it's the same as the Shaqiri situation; LFC is simply being used as a proxy or bait by the players' background team to get what they want elsewhere.

It's a very reprehensible tactic in my opinion and I'd prefer if these type of individuals did not come to our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Morzadec wrote: »
    I can't see it. Even in this cynical age I can't see Agger ever playing in a United shirt.

It's unfortunate for Agger, would've been nice to see him get a big move. I'm not sure there's many other clubs out there who will be willing to pay a double figure fee... So do we let him go cheap?

On the plus side, nice to see United missing out on a target so close to the start of the season. They still have not replaced Ferdinand or Vidic. Small ing, Jones, Evans... Not sure if any of them are top class CBs

Agger will never play for man utd . Sure the bloke has ynwa on his knuckles and I'm sure he would prefer a move to anyone else but man utd .

Benimar wrote: »

Of course it isn't ideal to wait till deadline day but if that's what it takes, it's what it takes. Talk of worry because we haven't signed a striker on the 8th August is panic.

9 days to kick off, 23 to deadline day. A lot of business can be done in that time.

Talk of worry is panic? Um....

@Jon_LeGossip
    Seen Cavani "agent" quotes doing rounds last few hours. However, I'm pretty sure his agent is now his brother Walter Guglielmone.
    Edinson Cavani got rid of his former agent Pierpaolo Triulzi & appointed his brother Walter Guglielmone as his replacement.
    However, Guglielmone not officially recognised agent, so there is another agent making contact with clubs. Walter closest to Cavani though.

So depending on the agent in question (Claudi Anelluci), there may be very little credence in the talk of a move for the player. Perhaps this Anelluci is involved with him but unless we hear from his brother I wouldn't be too concerned.

The guy tweeting above is a French journalist who apparently works for PSG TV and beIN Sport among others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would rather see LFC wait until the last day of the window to sign a player then sign a player for the sake of it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Im a bit worried about Markovic's tendon problem. Its sad to be minor but they can take months to heal even if it is only a minor strain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Great at crosses, miraculous recovery from injury etc.
    To listen to some on here, you would swear he could walk on water:pac:

MD1990 wrote: »
    Im a bit worried about Markovic's tendon problem. Its sad to be minor but they can take months to heal even if it is only a minor strain.

Yeah it's gone very two shy shy hush hush eye to eye

@Jon_LeGossip

So depending on the agent in question (Claudi Anelluci), there may be very little credence in the talk of a move for the player. Perhaps this Anelluci is involved with him but unless we hear from his brother I wouldn't be too concerned.

The guy tweeting above is a French journalist who apparently works for PSG TV and beIN Sport among others.

Exactly right but his old agent is Triulzi and these quotes are being attributed to his new personal manger (i think thats his title, some made up BS) who along with about 5 other people including his brother act as his agent team. Saw it broken down on some other forum ill try and root it out

Why cant everyone just be like Paul Scholes and have no damn agents and look after themselves. Infuriating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Agger will never play for man utd . Sure the bloke has ynwa on his knuckles and I'm sure he would prefer a move to anyone else but man utd .

He'd be probably doing us a favour moving to them at the rate he's at, send Johnson too, we'll pay their wages.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yeah it's gone very two shy shy hush hush eye to eye

Lot of d1ckheads on twitter saying he has done tendons and will be out for up to 6 months. Its the usual wind up merchants talking rubbish

Kess he actually wasnt at training this morning, confirmed by the Echo on twitter there. Shame as he will unlikely feature against Southampton now, but the upside is he will be well rested when he gets the winner v City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lot of d1ckheads on twitter saying he has done tendons and will be out for up to 6 months. Its the usual wind up merchants talking rubbish

Kess he actually wasnt at training this morning, confirmed by the Echo on twitter there. Shame as he will unlikely feature against Southampton now, but the upside is he will be well rested when he gets the winner v City
    A Man Utd fan made that up. But it has been said to be a minor tendon issue. I would still be a bit concerned as tendons issue are tricky injuries to manage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Rubbish. I have raised my concerns over not bringing in another quality forward a few times and the usual retort is "stop being dramatic" or "stop panicking"

Read the thread man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

If it is true id feel very sorry for BR. Having to lose Suarez this window as he was building something very special on top of Lallana and potential long lay off for marovic would be a cruel and very worrying blow.

I remember someone posted sometihing last week jokingly predicting marovic would be like aquilani. I really hope its just all twitter bull. We a very short on quality attackers at the minute.

joe123 wrote: »
    Rubbish. I have raised my concerns over not bringing in another quality forward a few times and the usual retort is "stop being dramatic" or "stop panicking"

Read the thread man!

The thread is clear. Everyone would like business to be sewn up by now, some see why it isn't, some are getting anxious as we approach kick off and some are panicing as they think the sky will fall if we don't sign someone by tea time!

Anyone who thinks our season is doomed if we don't sign a striker by 17th August is panicing IMO.

The thread is clear. Everyone would like business to be sewn up by now, some see why it isn't, some are getting anxious as we approach kick off and some are panicing as they think the sky will fall if we don't sign someone by tea time!

Anyone who thinks our season is doomed if we don't sign a striker by 17th August is panicing IMO.

Now who's being dramatic? Doomed? Ridiculous. Wanting a striker in situ to replace - in some way - a 31 goal striker for the first game of the season is entirely rational. Every point counts. We lost the league by 2 last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone who thinks our season is doomed if we don't sign a striker by 17th August is panicing IMO

How very tabloid of you.

Posters who have said "the sky is falling" : none

Posters who have used the word "doomed"? : one. and that's you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

VinnOConnor: @maturelover22 @Raheeminho Markovic slight strain...not training as a precaution...not serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Now who's being dramatic? Doomed? Ridiculous. Wanting a striker in situ to replace - in some way - a 31 goal striker for the first game of the season is entirely rational. Every point counts. We lost the league by 2 last year.

You know Suarez would have missed the first 7/8 games anyway, so in face replacing him with no-one is accurate! :cool:

Do you seriously think that Liverpool will play with two strikers this season on a regular basis??

We have a striker in Daniel Sturridge who will be our main striker, supported by two from wide positions.

If we sign Reus will you be happy...bearing in mind hes a midfielder??

And for the second time today..Suarez cannot be replaced directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

viper006 wrote: »
    VinnOConnor: @maturelover22 @Raheeminho Markovic slight strain...not training as a precaution...not serious

Seriously?

People take the word of twitter like it's the word of God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

People take the word of twitter like it's the word of God![/quote]
    Does Fowler tweet much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

This thread used to be a lot more fun. Pandas, saps and all that. Never understood any of it but it made me laugh.

Lately its just one big cluster****. People panicking about one thing or another. What does it achieve?

Why not let the rest of the window play out and see where we stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Seriously?

I'm sure Agent Coulson wouldn't say no the charms of an older lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do you seriously think that Liverpool will play with two strikers this season on a regular basis??

We have a striker in Daniel Sturridge who will be our main striker, supported by two from wide positions.

If we sign Reus will you be happy...bearing in mind hes a midfielder??

And for the second time today..Suarez cannot be replaced directly.

Are you high? Reus is as much a midfielder as Robben, Ribery, Ronaldo or Bale. In that none of them are. Would you class Sterling as a midfielder? The days of 4-4-2 are gone. Widemen like that are out and out attackers.

Fescue wrote: »
    This thread used to be a lot more fun. Pandas, saps and all that. Never understood any of it but it made me laugh.

Lately its just one big cluster****. People panicking about one thing or another. What does it achieve?

Why not let the rest of the window play out and see where we stand.

Just a function of the transfer window though surely?
    People will calm down once Sept 1st arrives
    I hope :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Quote: viper006

@maturelover22 was what i took out of that. Boo boo !

Seriously?

Haha thats vinny o connor the sky sports journalist though. About as credible as it gets.
    Not sure what mature lover does despite the obvious :eek:
    Brilliant username though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement