Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

klose wrote: »
    Farewell pepe, officially a bayern player now.

317633.jpg

Of all teams he could have went to, it had to be Bayern.

Don't like you anymore Pepe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So Pepe to Bayern is a done deal with a quote from him about coming to win as many trophies as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought he would have wanted to be number 1 somewhere rather than be Neuer's water boy. Guess it gives him a chance to win some trophies. Even if it's from sitting on the bench mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How much did he go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Thought he would have wanted to be number 1 somewhere rather than be Neuer's water boy. Guess it gives him a chance to win some trophies. Even if it's from sitting on the bench mainly.

Bizarre choice of destination to be honest. Reina has a rep for being a great character for the dressing room etc... but it says alot about his character, he would clearly rather be paid in the style he has become accustomed to rather than play.

He even gave the impression he'd be happy to sit on his backside at Liverpool and pick up his wages rather than take a pay cut to play. Hes still only 31.

Hate characters like that in the game, Wayne Bridge is another who springs to mind.

Reina could quite possibly win a champions league medal with Bayern and end up with a world cup, 2 european championships and a champions league (all whilst sitting on the bench).

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How much did he go for?

£2M I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

He might want to change his cover picture on twitter :P

Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How much did he go for?

2.5m I read.

Reina could quite possibly win a champions league medal with Bayern and end up with a world cup, 2 european championships and a champions league (all whilst sitting on the bench).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXNjHL8XxXNB3fMjPMPowNcVpidsQoUIhWr0NnraxuJl1wFrxz4AFr7L8

Hate to come across like a pr1ck but I'm glad Pepe is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Hate to come across like a pr1ck but I'm glad Pepe is gone.

If you think your coming across a pr*ck then I must be coming across as a c*nt.

Good riddance to Reina.

I'd rather say good riddance to Brad Jones than Reina tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

awful shower of pri*ks amd c*nts in here today

....still, glad Pepe's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ya'll some bitter mother****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We hate money grabbers!

I've just been on a Seville message board but I don't speak Spanish so had no idea what they are saying about Moreno :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Let's not forget how good he was for us for a few years lads. When on the pitch he gave us his all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I'd have him in the team over Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Goodbye Pepe.

Pepe-Reina-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Best of luck Pepe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

• Advertisement

We hate money grabbers!

I've just been on a Seville message board but I don't speak Spanish so had no idea what they are saying about Moreno :o

Google Chrome auto translates :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I got fed up of Reina's poor performances and then his open letter last summer tipped me over but saying all that, there was a period where he was one the better keepers this club has had. Exceptional distribution of the ball and something we have missed badly.

My favourite moment of his, we were in such a bad run of results and this was a very important goal. Saying that I remember we went on and lost 3-1 to Fulham the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

£5M in salary saved, which can be reinvested in a better second keeper and our new star striker!

Remember Christian Astu? - Went to Chelsea went on loan came back and went out on loan - to Everton! Who will buy him next summer no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lot of d1ckheads on twitter saying he has done tendons and will be out for up to 6 months. Its the usual wind up merchants talking rubbish

Kess he actually wasnt at training this morning, confirmed by the Echo on twitter there. Shame as he will unlikely feature against Southampton now, but the upside is he will be well rested when he gets the winner v City

Well he was at Melwood this morning as he had his pic taken with some young supporters.

He is in training gear in the pics, although that is probably what he would wear to be checked out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Reina at his peak was Liverpool's best keeper in my lifetime I'd say. Best of luck to him.

brevity wrote: »
    Ya'll some bitter mother****ers.

People have rose tinted glasses on re:Pepe

His wages are huge

He's not the shot stopper he once was
    @Squawka

Pepe Reina has saved only 1 of the last 6 penalties he has faced in domestic league action over the past 2 campaigns.

Him staying would have a bad effect on the club.

This is not the man who would be staying

Reina-Ngog-300x226.jpg

This is
    Bt1LDr8IMAAzneo.jpg:medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Reina at his peak was Liverpool's best keeper in my lifetime I'd say. Best of luck to him.

Reina was a quality keeper at his peak . I actually think him putting on all the muscle was a bad thing because when he lighter he was lightening quick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That's all fine but just because someone wants to leave to join another club doesn't mean they should be hung drawn and quartered.

There's a lot a double standards going on here imo.

• Advertisement

I assume this is from today
    10533750_796379777079133_902712425666519018_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nothing wrong with looking back on a players career with rose-tinted glasses when he leaves the club. He gave us some great years service and was a fantastic person to have around the club/dressing room. Good luck to him in Bayern. I've no ill feeling towards the man at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

One of the best keepers we've ever had. In fairness to Reina he saw alot of top drawer players leave the club under the Hicks/Gilett era and he stayed on when at his best. Somewhat acrimonious circumstances leaving though. Good luck to him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Couldn't be. I heard he had his leg amputated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Bizarre choice of destination to be honest. Reina has a rep for being a great character for the dressing room etc... but it says alot about his character, he would clearly rather be paid in the style he has become accustomed to rather than play.

He even gave the impression he'd be happy to sit on his backside at Liverpool and pick up his wages rather than take a pay cut to play. Hes still only 31.

Hate characters like that in the game, Wayne Bridge is another who springs to mind.

I hate when this argument is made about footballers. Just think logically for just a second, would you leave your job to go to another job that pays less money? Of course not. Footballers are the same. They're first concern when they change employer is (like us all) money. Simple as. I know reina already has more money than any of us would know what to do with but that still doesn't mean he's going to behave irrationally and choose taking a paycut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

People have rose tinted glasses on re:Pepe

His wages are huge

He's not the shot stopper he once was

Him staying would have a bad effect on the club.

This is not the man who would be staying

Reina-Ngog-300x226.jpg

This is
    Bt1LDr8IMAAzneo.jpg:medium

What the absolute FCUK. Hahahahah

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

just to let youz all know, I don't think any of you are pr*cks or c-words, I was making an obviously failed attempt at irony.

Anyway with regard to Reina it is a pity he has left under something of a cloud as he was quite a favourite a few years ago - the flirting with Barcelona and falling out with Rodgers did him no favours and our excellent season last time out meant he was missed even less.

However let's remember he was one of the few to call H&G out publically and for a couple of seasons he was probably the best keeper in the premier league (alongside cech)

so no hostility on my end towards the guy but at the same time no great feeling of loss either - it could have ended up so much better for Pepe

latest images here - no Markovic in them, open training.

http://www.gettyimages.ie/editorial/liverpool-f.c.-pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

tok9 wrote: »
    I take full responsibility for the Panda saps.. I put up 1 picture of a happy panda because the season before I threw up the odd picture of a sad panda.

For some reason the saps came in and pandemonium broke loose :p

I think you mean 'pandamonium'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Nope, that wall looks like Melwood, they are at Anfield today...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

8-10 wrote: »
    I think you mean 'pandamonium'

****... damn you autocorrect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dickerty wrote: »

That still means he has trained at some point since he came back. Is it the same knock that kept him out of the games in the US or did he get another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

@Squawka

Pepe Reina has saved only 1 of the last 6 penalties he has faced in domestic league action over the past 2 campaigns.

16-17% save rate, that's ok in my book. Think that's better than Mignolet, 2 saves from 15 faced?

It's nothing special or anything but saying he 'only' saved 1 in 6 is a bit harsh. I'm sure there's plenty of good keepers with 1 or 0 saves in their last 6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

mosstin wrote: »
    It's up to me to come up with a list is it? You have someone in mind?

You are the one who has been giving out that we haven't signed a striker yet. Who do you think should be signed?

Dickerty wrote: »

Guess I made an ass of myself only so

I stand by what I said.

Pepe Reina was a great keeper for the club.

The past couple of years have tainted his image for me personally.

The club would not be happy to pay his wages to a back up keeper.

Whatever happened between him and Rodgers meant that he would be getting very little game time ( if any)

I'm glad he's gone

but
    I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You are the one who has been giving out that we haven't signed a striker yet. Who do you think should be signed?

Aye, that's how it works. We need a striker and I have to come up with a list. It all depends on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

klose wrote: »
    Farewell pepe, officially a bayern player now.

317633.jpg

Is Pepe really just wearing a tshirt with random tennis words strewn across it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Is Pepe really just wearing a tshirt with random tennis words strewn across it?

Penny's best by the looks of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

mosstin wrote: »
    Aye, that's how it works. We need a striker and I have to come up with a list. It all depends on me.

Not even one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not even one?

keep-calm-it-s-heskey-time-15.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement