Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Hey Uncle Leo

???? Babu ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

joe123 wrote: »
    Just read the quote from Vickery. Dont know who it is or how accurate but he is one of the best and imo under rated journos out there.

Loved listening to him during the world cup. That man knows his football. South American football is his area of expertise.

If it is a south american my guess would be on Cavani who would be a fantastic signing. Can blow a little hot and cold though but he is the best we can hope for.

Thinking outside of the box Pato, Muriel and possibly Damio.

Pato without injuries? Would be a typical FSG signing with bags of potential. Damio disappeared off everyones radar. Muriel would be interesting but worrying he couldnt make the columbia squad.

Not massive signings.
    Never heard of um.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NoelJ wrote: »
    He also said he didn't know who the player was.

He new who the player was when he was asked if it was Cavani he changed the subject :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

mormank wrote: »
    Let me put it another way Joe, Torres was not the finished article when we signed him. Plus if he was so sought after why were there no actual bids from any of the big boys in Europe for him? Your recollection of events is just a little off I'm afraid. It's close, but just a little off.

I agree he wasnt the finished article but he was still one of the best young talents going. You dont captain a club as big as Madrid and lead the line for Spain if you are not close to being the best.

This is probably where we disagree. I feel Rafa was a major part in getting Torres and thinking back I am almost sure United were in for him too. I remember at the time when he signed I couldn't believe it!

He was a bigger signing than Suarez was at the time and Suarez was a fairly big signing.

I think we'l have to agree to disagree on this though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Not massive signings.
    Never heard of um.

Never heard of who? Tim Vickery or the players I listed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Why would an agent ring Vickery up and say that Liverpool have an unmentioned big name player lined up? Maybe Vickery won't reveal the name he was given. Agents don't do anything unless there's something in for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Lucas posted a light at the end of the tunnel pic on Instagram.

I wonder is he off next?

http://instagram.com/p/rejncPgTHg/

HAA!!

Wgwtl.png

Lucas coming across as a 14 year old girl. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,050 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ lads, I think ye're looking into these things a little too much...i'd reckon it's just "football is nearly back".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

What time and station is the match on tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

What time and station is the match on tomorrow?

BT Sports at 12

joe123 wrote: »
    Never heard of who? Tim Vickery or the players I listed?

the names,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Just looking at the latest news, highlights being Brady saying he could have signed Sterling for Arsenal but wasn't pushed. Mirror seems to reckon that Bony is Rodgers No.1 striker target but the price is the issue, nothing we didn't know like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

homolumo wrote: »
    BT Sports at 12

Awh sugar. I thought it was on setanta :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just looking at the latest news, highlights being Brady saying he could have signed Sterling for Arsenal but wasn't pushed. Mirror seems to reckon that Bony is Rodgers No.1 striker target but the price is the issue, nothing we didn't know like!!

Fanciful as some of it has been, with all the Cavani talk, getting Bony instead would feel deflating.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Awh sugar. I thought it was on setanta :(

Aren't they one and the same? Don't Setanta show BT Sports matches?

Setanta are still kicking about?

Shambles of a station

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

A slight tangent here, Sami Hyppia. I went to the Brighton match yesterday as it's close by. Brighton were not good at all. Looked rudderless, clueless, and unfit too if I'm being honest. Granted they went down to 10 men in the second half (early), but there wasn't anything impressive about them. There didn't appear too much impressive about Sami either, stayed very quiet and his assistant was out doing the shouting.

Brighton looked poor though, and had an absolute donkey in the middle of the pitch in Rohan Ince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just looking at the latest news, highlights being Brady saying he could have signed Sterling for Arsenal but wasn't pushed.
    Liam Brady in making up story about the one that got away shocker - Arsenal were never in the running for Sterling.

Tottenham arranged a friendly between their U15s and Sterling's school in Tim Sherwood's back garden to assess Sterling. They declined the chance to sign him because they envisaged difficulties with the player due to his social background.

Benitez had Frank McParland and his staff lobby Sterling's parents and friends for months to get the message across that Liverpool were the best choice for him and not Chelsea or Man City. Sterling was in the process of signing for Fulham when they received the phone call with the offer from Liverpool.

The full story of the transfer is in the book The Nowhere Men

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    Liam Brady in making up story about the one that got away shocker - Arsenal were never in the running for Sturridge.

Tottenham arranged a friendly between their U15s and Sterling's school in Tim Sherwood's back garden to assess Sterling. They declined the chance to sign him because they envisaged difficulties with the player due to his social background.

Benitez had Frank McParland and his staff lobby Sterling's parents and friends for months to get the message across that Liverpool were the best choice for him and not Chelsea or Man City. Sterling was in the process of signing for Fulham when they received the phone call with the offer from Liverpool.

The full story of the transfer is in the book The Nowehere Men

That book is a superb read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Setanta are still kicking about?

Shambles of a station

Awful picture too. It's like watching the game through the bottom of a jam jar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

From twatter..

@Jay_78_Rumoured Team Mignolet Manquillo Skrtel Sakho Johnson Gerrard Henderson Can Sterling Lambert Coutinho any truth mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Awful picture too. It's like watching the game through the bottom of a jam jar.

What type of jam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mosstin wrote: »
    Aren't they one and the same? Don't Setanta show BT Sports matches?

No, they are separate channels with different games but in Ireland, BT Sports are part of the Setanta subscription pack.

Received a text the other day for another €1 for a month offer. So might be worth checking that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Is the game an hour from now? Like 12 Irish time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Is the game an hour from now? Like 12 Irish time?

Yeah. 12.15 UK time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Crikey I thought it was at 5 pm :

Mignolet, Manquillo, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge

subs v Dortmund: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Sakho, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Suso, Ibe, Lambert

Dortmund - Langerak ; Piszczek, Ginter, Papastathopoulos, Schmelzer ; Kehl, Jojic ; Kirch, Mkhitaryan, Aubemayang ; Ramos

No Reus! :D

Crikey I thought it was at 5 pm :o

Ya me too! Glad I checked :)

The season of irregular sleep patterns is nearly upon us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Mignolet, Manquillo, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge

subs v Dortmund: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Sakho, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Suso, Ibe, Lambert

Dortmund - Langerak ; Piszczek, Ginter, Papastathopoulos, Schmelzer ; Kehl, Jojic ; Kirch, Mkhitaryan, Aubemayang ; Ramos

I'd say the front 6 will be the same for Southampton next sunday. Good to see Manquillo and Lovren get pre season minutes

tomaussie wrote: »
    The season of irregular sleep patterns is nearly upon us.

What time is it there Tom? Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Looking like Skrtel will start next weekend.

Not an ideal start for Markovic or Lallana with the injuries.

djPSB wrote: »
    Looking like Skrtel will start next weekend.

Not an ideal start for Markovic or Lallana with the injuries.

Skrtel is a much better option than Sakho for me right now. I don't quite get the Sakho love in. Perhaps it's because he played much less games than Skrtel people hold him in higher regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Delighted to see MAnquillo and Lovren start. Think Manquilllo will turn out to be a good signing if we can hold onto him.

Surprised to see Can start, happy, but surprised.

Fescue wrote: »
    What time is it there Tom? Tuesday?

Not quite but we do live in the future.

Lots of 4.45am starts for the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

billy2012 wrote: »
    Delighted to see MAnquillo and Lovren start. Think Manquilllo will turn out to be a good signing if we can hold onto him.

Surprised to see Can start, happy, but surprised.

He has looked much better than Joe Allen so far in preseason, deserves to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would have liked if it was Sakho/Lovren today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So thats pretty much the starting line up next week.

This is definitely a more prestigious meeting than this years Community Shield game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fescue wrote: »
    What type of jam?

Raspberry. Mmmmmmmmm.

Raspberry. Mmmmmmmmm.

Oh yes.

Behave you two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Gonna miss the game.

Gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If you dropped Skrtel, I'd say he'd be furious and would want out. He's rightfully a first choice centre back.

LFC TV reckon its

Buq_KkDCMAAVfCx.png

SUBS - Jones, Kelly, Toure, Sakho, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Suso, Ibe, Lambert

Only the 5 defenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Is Enrique injured again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say he isn't playing because Johnson is in the shop window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

He's on the bench by the looks of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is this on lfc tv later tonight? Wanna watch a bit of Can after midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement