Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

" Immobile immobilize" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is Skrtel starting today an indication he will start next week?

I think he should he was our best centre back last season. Sakho will get his chance though plenty of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Manquillo done himself no harm at all there.

Yes, had his face touched by Rodgers as he came off.
    Always a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Our year.

Good workout that. All positives and I can't see any negatives from that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Linda approves of this result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It looks like we've spent our entire pre-season not on conditioning, defending or set pieces but playing as sexily as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BT working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

New signings looked decent. Manquillo looks the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

We look really Good.

The only Negatives for me there, are:

Lucas with his Unnecessary Fouls.

And Mig with his Passes. We rarely Retain Possession, whenever Mignolet decides to Loop it Long. It either goes Out, or ends up with the Opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Some fantastic midfield link up play today. Sturridge as well looked dangerous but I'm not keen on the 1 up forward. Sturridge and Lambert looked isolated many times of the preseason including today. They often drift out to the wings to collect the ball leaving the box almost empty.

Do people reckon we will go back to 2 up top when a striker signed or in this change in formation here to stay with the likes of sterling, hendo etc expected to replace suarez goals. Really hope we just a top striker to play in along side Sturridge. With the creativity and pace we have in midfield having 2 top strikers would make us very hard to stop as last season proved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Look lads, it's pre season. Let's not get carried away... We're winning the league by a max of 7 points. MAX!

Glen Johnson was perfectly fine! HOORAY!

Really impressed with Manquillo. Lovren will have a huge role this season.

Mignolet seemed to be commanding his area a lot more in this match than I have seen him in the past.

The back five really did look solid.

We look really Good.

The only Negatives for me there, are:

Lucas with his Unnecessary Fouls.

And Mig with his Passes. We rarely Retain Possession, whenever Mignolet decides to Loop it Long. It either goes Out, or ends up with the Opposition.

I haRDly ReMeMBer mignolet GeTTing the BalL aT all Today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very impressive performance and result, looking forward to sunday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Manquillo and Lovren really impressed me. We're gonna win the league! Hurray! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just great.. since we didn't lose... what are we going to talk about now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

One thing that struck me in today's game, lovern at lcb looks very good could be a long season for sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

tok9 wrote: »

How about the topic of poetry in motion does that work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah looked really good today. Suarez would be a loss to any team but Liverpool will be a bloody good side this season even without him. Hopefully get the Moreno deal sorted this week and another quality forward in as well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

tok9 wrote: »

The only question left to answer, assuming Moreno signs, is who the club can sign as a striker. Whoever it is, I think will do well in a team creating as many chances as Liverpool. Sterling and Coutinho must play.

Fescue wrote: »
    The only question left to answer, assuming Moreno signs, is who the club can sign as a striker. Whoever it is, I think will do well in a team creating as many chances as Liverpool. Sterling and Coutinho must play.

Agree. Surprised the need for a striker has not been discussed here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like Manquillo joining has woken Johnson up. What an excellent piece of business getting him for a 2 year loan. Coutinho was incredible today very lucky to have him at the club. Lovren is a great signing imo. A commanding CB & a great character & leader to have in the team.
    Our style today showed why with having Lambert signing Bony would not work. He is a good player but too static like Lambert. We need a fast Striker to suit our style & someone like Cavani,Aubameyang or a cheaper option like Bacca from Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Since Reus is obviously a done deal, I wonder will Brendan play him as the striker?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agree. Surprised the need for a striker has not been discussed here yet.

Especially considering there are only three weeks left in the window.

As pish poor as Dortmund were a few things were clear enough - Tekkers will be the big thing this season, speed on the break will continue to be a primary weapon but I can see a lot of devilish pass and move stuff in the offing. Hendo was great - got forward loads, his position is clearly wherever he happens to be. The full backs both charging on is always fun if a bit worrying against top opposition - Gerrard had it pretty easy today.

Obviously Liverpool still need a top forward but I'm torn as to what type - I suspect an out and out striker would be a bit of a waste for this side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Great performance. Sexy football. Roll on next Sunday \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

superb performance, but nothing really new was learned.

we know the team has goals. only biased people thought Suarez was the ONLY reason we were so good last season.

Lovren will be vital.

Sturridge is key, and we'll struggle if he gets injured, so we need another top quality forward.

we knew all this beforehand, and it was all reinforced today.

good to see we look absolutely ready to attack the season, very encouraging.

Obviously Liverpool still need a top forward but I'm torn as to what type - I suspect an out and out striker would be a bit of a waste for this side.

Probably why Remy would have been perfect. Can play as a wide forward as well as up top.

Seems the club are still looking at Bony but don't feel he's worth the 20 odd million Swansea are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just spoke to one of the lads who was at the game, he said that there was a rumour before the game that Bony is being signed with Allen going back to Swansea in exchange.

Talisman wrote: »
    Just spoke to one of the lads who was at the game, he said that there was a rumour before the game that Bony is being signed with Allen going back to Swansea in exchange.

Thought it was strange that Allen didn't start or come on for Can. Surely not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was that the light at the end of the tunnel for Lucas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

______________Mignolet______________
    Manquillo____Skrtel____Lovren____Moreno
    _________Gerrard______Henderson______
    Lallana________Coutinho_________Sterling
    ____________Sturridge______________

That would be a superb first 11 imo with possibly Markovic depending on who is on form.
    We badly need another fast striker though as Lambert doesn't really suit us unless we are struggling to break down teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Remy would have been perfect for us. Could of played with Sturridge or instead.

I really have no idea who we will bring in still. If there is a forward in world football we could sign it would have to be marco reus he would slot right into this side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I ****ing hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

If anyone just lost there stream - BVB official stream

Pretty funny at the start of this video, at the end of YNWA, commentator attributes it to "Gary and the Peace Makers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That's an odd one, can't see Joe Allen going back, funny old game though....

I sure hope Reus was sat somewhere watching the game.

• Advertisement

I can't see Joe Allen agreeing to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I sure hope Reus was sat somewhere watching the game.

I heard Ryan Babbel sent his helicopter to pick him up and hes en route for a medical

Would be surprised. Rodgers loves Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Thought we were tactically brilliant today, with the ball, without the ball, every player seemed to know exactly what they were meant to do and where they were meant to be. Easily interchanging positions and switching formations up in a matter of seconds when possession changed. Really enjoyed the match today.

Lovren was outstanding, what a debut for him. Like most posters, think he will be a super signing for us and will be a starting CB for us for many years.

Thought Manquillo had a very decent game, and Johnson played well on the left, which in fairness he norm does. Can was fairly quiet but played well.

Coutinho and Sterling were both brilliant, both of them are going to have super seasons.

Was Sakho injured? Why not get Lovren used to playing on the right if that's the plan? Extremely interested to see what happens here.

Lambert with another stinker :P

Lallana, Markovic to come back and hopefully another player or two to be signed.

Can't wait for the season to kick off.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Thought we were tactically brilliant today, with the ball, without the ball, every player seemed to know exactly what they were meant to do and where they were meant to be. Easily interchanging positions and switching formations up in a matter of seconds when possession changed. Really enjoyed the match today.

Lovren was outstanding today, what a debut for him. Like most posters, think he will be a super signing for us and will be a starting CB for us for many years.

Thought Manquillo had a very decent game, and Johnson played well on the left, which in fairness he norm does. Can was fairly quiet but played well.

Coutinho and Sterling were both brilliant, both of them are going to have super seasons.

Was Sakho injured? Why not get Lovren used to playing on the right if that's the plan? Extremely interested to see what happens here.

Lambert with another stinker :P

Lallana, Markovic to come back and hopefully another player or two to be signed.

Can't wait for the season to kick off.

I just don't understand why people assume Sakho will dislodge Skrtel. Skrtel was by far our best defender last year and Sakho showed very little for Liverpool. Lovren seems to play as the left centre back, why mess with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

I can't see Joe Allen agreeing to that.
    Yeah - that was my reaction too.

• Advertisement

Yeah - that was my reaction too.

Or us, for that matter, given that we'd be seriously short on midfielders.

It just sounds like utter nonsense.

Gbear wrote: »
    Or us, for that matter, given that we'd be seriously short on midfielders.

It just sounds like utter nonsense.

Well if we keep Lucas and lose Allen we are as you were.

I just don't understand why people assume Sakho will dislodge Skrtel. Skrtel was by far our best defender last year and Sakho showed very little for Liverpool. Lovren seems to play as the left centre back, why mess with that.

He has only played 18 games for Liverpool and was injured for half the season.

When he played he looked very strong he had pass completion in the high 90%.

Just because he looks awarked doesn't mean he showed very little.

Also just because Skrtel scored some goals that didn't cover for his mistakes and weakness as well.

Well if we keep Lucas and lose Allen we are as you were.

Except we'd be keeping the worse player, have more games and we already were short a man last season.

I'd say Lucas (whatever he might want) will end up in Italy with Napoli

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement