Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

BtuTQzJIUAEVJ9M.jpg:large

Wonder if we'd have reconsidered the loan if Borini had left before the Remy deal collapsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

£10 million seems to be the fee.

I know I maybe in a minority but I'm happy with that.

Scouts been watching him since the days of U-15's according to the official website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cjs21 wrote: »
    £10 million seems to be the fee.

I know I maybe in a minority but I'm happy with that.

Scouts been watching him since the days of U-15's according to the official website

I'd say a good few add ons in that, though the loan deal could be counted in it as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

say hello, goodbye.

he goes back to Lille on loan as rumoured.

If we dont sign a striker then something tells me we might be trying in Jan to get him on a flight over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hard to get too excited over Origi as we won't see him for another year. Will be interesting to see his progress this season at Lille. By this time next year we might be very excited to see him play for us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That Sky Sports rip-off style graphic the club insist on using is so cheap and nasty looking.

Origi seems to come from great footballing stock.

His Dad was a pro.

and we have been tracking him since he was 15 according to the official site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lean a lille bit closer, and I'll tell you about this origi we're having.

Knex. wrote: »
    Lean a lille bit closer, and I'll tell you about this origi we're having.

wait til we sign Bender.

the commentators wont be able to keep a straight face.

'Bender, Origi.. GOAL...take a bow son' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Honestly, I'd never heard of the fella before the World Cup but he looked good in the games I seen him play. The fact he started several games ahead of Lukaku shows he must have something about him.

10m is nothing to a PL club these days anyway. Could probably recoup half that even if he had a season sitting on our bench.

Did the club confirm whether he'll be loaned back to France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

sh__93 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd never heard of the fella before the World Cup but he looked good in the games I seen him play. The fact he started several games ahead of Lukaku shows he must have something about him.

10m is nothing to a PL club these days anyway. Could probably recoup half that even if he had a season sitting on our bench.

Did the club confirm whether he'll be loaned back to France?

Yeah we wont see him in a red shirt til next year, its an immediate loan back. Shame, but hopefully he tears it up in the Champions League this year and we'll be delighted we've got ourselves a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agueroooo wrote: »
    wait til we sign Bender.

the commentators wont be able to keep a straight face.

'Bender, Origi.. GOAL...take a bow son' :eek:

'Sterling work'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That Sky Sports rip-off style graphic the club insist on using is so cheap and nasty looking.

Every time I see it I think it's one of those dodgy presigning/linked player photoshops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

was Origi part of The Clipse?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Why the fook isnt he leaning in that photo?
    Does he not know anything about the liverpool way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Cant understand why a striker we wont see for a year is any use to us when we are still very patchy at lb & rb. I would like to see Allen and Lucas both go and for us to bring in one real quality replacement. Tbh i'd prob look at a gk to replace reina if we can get shot of him. Jones is 3rd choice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Origi seems like a smart signing for 10m.

It's nice to be in a situation for the first time in a long time where can invest 10m in a player with a lot of promise and let that promise develop by loaning him out.

This is usually a luxury afforded just to City and Chelsea.

I personally think it's a smart use of funds as not having that 10m is not going to affect what players we can target this summer.

Will be keeping a close eye on him, looks an exciting player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Right weve signed all the players weve been heavily linked with and the remy deal is dead so hopefully some new names get banded about soon, preferably not bony and bertrand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

happy that Barkley has signed a 4 year extension, LFC wouldn't get him and now no one will for a year (maybe two)

I am pie wrote: »
    Cant understand why a striker we wont see for a year is any use to us when we are still very patchy at lb & rb. I would like to see Allen and Lucas both go and for us to bring in one real quality replacement. Tbh i'd prob look at a gk to replace reina if we can get shot of him. Jones is 3rd choice

Loads of money and time left.

Edit - I'm an idiot! Lyon/Lille - dunno why that happened! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Im delighted to read about Susos impending contract extension. Im still not quite sure where he'll fit in in our system but hes definitely a promising young talent, it would have been a shame to lose him for pittance. He may need another loan spell to get games as theres a couple ahead of him in the pecking order, but if he sticks around he'll be a useful squad option. I had him and Sterling pegged as equally promising talents at the start of Rodgers' reign, Sterling has obviously taken huge strides ahead of him over the past two years but there is still plenty hope for Suso, a very exciting young talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wonder did Ged have any influence in this? Was manager of Lyon for a couple of seaons, probably still has contacts at both clubs

He is weird, and no.

Hardly a surprise
    Ben Smith ✔
    @BenSmithBBC
    Follow

I get asked the question constantly. But I am told Liverpool, at this stage, are not pursuing a move for Marco Reus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

^^^^^^^

So we are signing Reus tomorrow then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yep!!!!! The latest book was quite good though.

Love TP's books, have read all the Discworld ones (reading the latest one at the moment) and his collection of short stories too.

Love when he takes something from our world and sees how Discworld handles it (like Music, Movies and Football)...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hardly a surprise

At this stage eh? Without that, you'd stop thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Hardly a surprise

In other news i am not persuing a move for Scarlett Johannsen either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First Interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

zarquon wrote: »

At this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

But I am liking Van Gaal complaining about loads of things that are wrong at Utd or that he sees wrong.

sounds like he's getting his excuses in early imo, and managing expectations//

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

He's not that good! But he is tidy and "tekkerz", unafraid to run with the ball and shoot quickly. Is the obvious player to rotate with Sturridge

why not play him in the Suarez role, seems to have similar traits

zarquon wrote: »

She's grand in the tit department.

mosstin wrote: »

Is that Yeats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Aye she's good upfront alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

So no mention of Origi going back to Lille for the year. Is he our Remy replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So no mention of Origi going back to Lille for the year. Is he our Remy replacement?

Nah it says on the website he's going back alright.

So presumably we are still looking for another forward.

Could be tricky for him coming back in next season. I suppose it will depend on how the new guy does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just seen this on facebook and it makes me very happy, i could think of one or two more to stick in also!

"Ibe - 18
    Sterling - 19
    Origi - 19
    Can - 20
    Markovic - 20
    Ilori - 21
    Flanagan - 21
    Coutinho - 22
    Sturridge - 24
    Henderson - 24
    Sakho - 24
    Lovren - 25
    Future is great at Anfield!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

ASOT wrote: »
    Just seen this on facebook and it makes me very happy, i could think of one or two more to stick in also!

"Ibe - 18
    Sterling - 19
    Origi - 19
    Can - 20
    Markovic - 20
    Ilori - 21
    Flanagan - 21
    Coutinho - 22
    Sturridge - 24
    Henderson - 24
    Sakho - 24
    Lovren - 25

Can could turn out to be a great bit of business. Ive only seen him a few times and he has really impressed me so far. Doesn't have the style of a player thats only 20 either.

Fescue wrote: »
    Is that Yeats?

The Marquis de Sade.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Under the Skin leaves little to the imagination. I kind of wish I hadn't seen her naked. It's like living all your life yearning to see the face of God and dying only to find out he looks like one of the Mitchell brothers.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Under the Skin leaves little to the imagination. I kind of wish I hadn't seen her naked. It's like living all your life yearning to see the face of God and dying only to find out he looks like one of the Mitchell brothers.

"No Scarlet, leave your clothes on"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

joe123 wrote: »
    Can could turn out to be a great bit of business. Ive only seen him a few times and he has really impressed me so far. Doesn't have the style of a player thats only 20 either.

Yeah same as myself, iv seen him in a few games last season then in our pre season, looks an absolute unit in midfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

She looked a lot better before she was in Iron Man 2 and the Avengers. She got all self conscious about the skin tight cat suit and lost a ton of weight. Unfortunately, a lot of it came out of her chest. :p Some women just look a better with a bit of extra weight. Look at Christina Hendricks as another example.

And er ye....4-3-3, net spend, The Rodgers, Suarez replacement, etc. et.c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

BR speaks a bit about Lazar

BR speaks a bit about Lazar

She must have had a great set of tits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Get the fack out of here pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

jasonb wrote: »
    Love TP's books, have read all the Discworld ones (reading the latest one at the moment) and his collection of short stories too.

Love when he takes something from our world and sees how Discworld handles it (like Music, Movies and Football)...

J.

Liked music with rocks in it. Loved Moving pictures and all those elephants.
    Unseen Academicals was a big disappointment. It seemed like it had all the ingredients to be one of my favourite books such as wizards, football and pratchett but it ended up something like Augmersons feeling about ScarJo tits.
    ASOT wrote: »

"Ibe - 18
    Sterling - 19
    Origi - 19
    Can - 20
    Markovic - 20
    Ilori - 21
    Flanagan - 21
    Coutinho - 22
    Sturridge - 24
    Henderson - 24
    Sakho - 24
    Lovren - 25

Forgot Flanno was so young. Thought he was around 23-24. If he keeps on improving we could have a very good full back that can cover both sides for years to come and in the World Cup 2022 he can start in midfield for England after being moved there by Rodgers for Liverpool in the previous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

10291122_10152718951952573_3050952888322456856_n.jpg

I see that leaning has been abandoned and replaced by levitating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Forgot Flanno was so young. Thought he was around 23-24. If he keeps on improving we could have a very good full back that can cover both sides for years to come and in the World Cup 2022 he can start in midfield for England after being moved there by Rodgers for Liverpool in the previous season.

Yes he can be excellent cover in either position, happy to see him in cup games etc. Athletically he seems to have peaked, maybe more to come in terms of technique if he works on crossing etc, but you cannot doubt his commitment to the shirt and that goes a long way imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

murpho999 wrote: »
    10291122_10152718951952573_3050952888322456856_n.jpg

I see that leaning has been abandoned and replaced by levitating!

I just don't understand why they would use Mike65's living-room for the shoot?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement