Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Vicxas wrote: »
    Fair play to Ayre!

You missed the chance to say Fayre play..

*shakes head in disgust*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is why I refuse to give out about us not signing someone, I've been thinking about it for weeks now and am finding it very hard to come up with someone realistic.

that's fine for not expecting fella's on a football forum to not know the perfect replacement, but it's not really an excuse for a giant football club with a worldwide network of scouts.

I would still consider it an absolutely huge failing to allow the transfer window to close with only Sturridge as the option which suits our system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good to see Ayre getting credit as he gets awful stick when deals fall through.

He's gotten so good at this now that he even waits till the player is in the same country to save on air fare and travel costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    still wracking my brains for other potentially suitable forwards...

Fred from Brazil, I'd suggest Jo too but he's an ex-Toffee so it might not go down well which would be a shame......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

If we do go for etoo on a 1 year deal then I would say it would show Rodgers has a huge amount of faith on Origi.

I would prefer Origi to maybe stay on loan for another season (preferably a level up from Lille, maybe a prem team) and gave him eventually replace Lambert as 3rd choice.

We have supposedly been in for Cavani and Falcao, so maybe Rodgers just feels Etoo is the next best option. It would be interesting to know if these moves were 1 year loan moves (would confirm theory that Rodgers places a lot of faith in Origi) or if he wanted them permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'll get involved in the fantasy signings and throw a name out I haven't seen posted here. Giuseppi Rossi.

kfallon wrote: »
    Fred from Brazil, I'd suggest Jo too but he's an ex-Toffee so it might not go down well which would be a shame......

:pac:

ha, im amazed a european club hasn't made a move for a cut price Fred yet though - disastrous world cup, but he'd clearly be a decent striker for a mid table team in any of the top leagues, and I suspect he'd love to get out of Brazil for a few years at this stage. His value is also in a false dip right now.

I'll get involved in the fantasy signings and throw a name out I haven't seen posted here. Giuseppi Rossi.

Would love him.

Would love him.

Horribly unlucky with injuries so knowing our luck we'd end up with him and Sturridge crocked at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Watched the obligatory Moreno youtube compilation last night. Think he will really give us something new going forward. Skillful, pacy and looks like he will get a few goals from left-back. Didn't show much of his defending right enough. Just hope he's solid enough at that part of the game as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Got my Valentino's and my Giuseppe's mixed up there, slight WTF moment. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Watched the obligatory Moreno youtube compilation last night. Think he will really give us something new going forward. Skillful, pacy and looks like he will get a few goals from left-back. Didn't show much of his defending right enough. Just hope he's solid enough at that part of the game as well.

If we don't fancy sacrificing any of our CBs it sounds like he'd be ideal as a wing back if we go 3 at the back at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

still wracking my brains for other potentially suitable forwards...how about Seydou Doumbia? Goal machine in Russia and lightning quick...
    Has had some injuries over the past few years, might be able to get him at a decent price, and as a backup, won't be too heavily relied upon so his fitness could be properly managed.

Its times like this you would miss Nuri's posts on here.

Jackson Martinez would be my number one pick at this stage that would be considered realistic.

Other random choices...

Pato (without his injuries )
    Muriel (meh but good on his day)
    Asamoh Gyan (Loves money but on his day is excellent)
    Aubameyang (Loads of potential but don't think Dortmund would sell)
    Lacazette (showing plenty of potential)

EDIT:

Ryan Babel - all he needs is a chance to play centrally. Says me circa 2008 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dunno if it's been mentioned but Gary Neville has come out and said Man U will get top 4 (not champions though) at our expense this year. Looking forward to proving him wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

joe123 wrote: »
    Its times like this you would miss Nuri's posts on here.

Jackson Martinez would be my number one pick at this stage that would be considered realistic.

Other random choices...

Pato (without his injuries )
    Muriel (meh but good on his day)
    Asamoh Gyan (Loves money but on his day is excellent)
    Aubameyang (Loads of potential but don't think Dortmund would sell)
    Lacazette (showing plenty of potential)

Martinez for sure. Viktor Fischer is destined for greatness when he eventually moves. Doesn't score enough yet

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

sweetie wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned but Gary Neville has come out and said Man U will get top 4 (not champions though) at our expense this year. Looking forward to proving him wrong.

In fairness now it's probably not a controversial opinion in any way, shape or form. Much as I hope he is wrong, it is not an unlikely outcome as I think it's very hard to predict this season really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Martin Kelly at £1.5M is an absolute bargain. With regular games, I can actually see him doing very well.

What is interesting though is that with himself and Toure gone and with Agger at the exit door, this actually gives Coates and Ilori the chance to get a few games on the board.

I think he also said, hilariously, that Utd have the best set of forwards in the league.

I think he was wearing his Utd hat at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not that far fetched to be fair but did he predict last season that we'd get Top 4 at Utd's expense?

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I think he also said, hilariously, that Utd have the best set of forwards in the league.

Ah now, how is that hilarious?

Mata/Rooney/van Persie/Hernandez/Welbeck is at least as strong as any others.

:confused:

Who has better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

FiU-DstV.png

Yeah it's Utds forwards that are the strong point, plus keeper. Not so much elsewhere atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Surely there is someone we could nab from Real...their squad is ridiculous.

joe123 wrote: »
    :confused:

Who has better?

City, by a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Good to see Warrior are sharing the shíte kits around this season, that Sevilla one is mank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No moreno.

Very positive sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Excellent we have done a deal for Moreno. This will be the first time in years we have actual good starters and covers (admittedly have only seen Manquilo the once!) for the FB positions.

At the moment:
    Enrique
    Johnson
    Flanagan
    Moreno
    Manquillo

I wonder is that the end of Johnson or Enrique...... Or could we see Johnson pushed up in to midfield?

NOW BRENDAÕ GET THAT FUPIN STRIKER IN AMIGO.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »

One Jese please.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah now, how is that hilarious?

Mata/Rooney/van Persie/Hernandez/Welbeck is at least as strong as any others.

Would really have to put City ahead. Especially if you're including AMC's like Mata--

Aguero, Negredo, Jovatic, Dzeko, Silva, Toure, Nasri.
    Comfortaby the best forward/support group in the league.

Uniteds is still very good obviously, by a mile their best area on the pitch, especially adding in Januzaj and Kagawa. Their biggest problem is all their best players like to play in the same space as each other.

One Jese please.

Ya, he would do alright. even isco or illaramendi (even though I'm not sure we're after those types of players)

City, by a distance.

Whatever about City, its not by a distance.

So happy with Moreno. Gives us 20 days to find a striker.

Did benzema Sign a new contract at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks like Benzema is trying to play his way out of Madrid to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd love to take Varane, Isco, Jese and Illaramendi off their hands!

Ya, he would do alright. even isco or illaramendi (even though I'm not sure we're after those types of players)

Both fantastic players but not what we need at the moment. There's not many players in the world I'd take ahead of Jese tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What do people know of this Moreno guy?
    gafferino wrote: »
    ...... Or could we see Johnson pushed up in to midfield?

NOW BRENDAÕ GET THAT FUPIN STRIKER IN AMIGO.

Dear god no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Bu17QIQIQAAR7nt.jpg

Ladies and gents, boys and girls... We've come a long way.

aramush wrote: »
    Bu17QIQIQAAR7nt.jpg

*Shudders*

Cannot unsee.

• Advertisement

aramush wrote: »
    Bu17QIQIQAAR7nt.jpg

Ack! Almost got sick in my mouth :(

2010-11%20Live.jpg

Just shows how much of a mess the club was in at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Just one more for your reading pleasure. Enjoy x

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8944785.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

2010-11%20Live.jpg

Is Konchesky in a Fulham jersey?

Would really have to put City ahead. Especially if you're including AMC's like Mata--

Aguero, Negredo, Jovatic, Dzeko, Silva, Toure, Nasri.
    Comfortaby the best forward/support group in the league.

Uniteds is still very good obviously, by a mile their best area on the pitch, especially adding in Januzaj and Kagawa. Their biggest problem is all their best players like to play in the same space as each other.

Definitely an argument for that of course, but it's not a hilarious suggestion by any means that utd's is the better set of forwards if utilised properly.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Is Konchesky in a Fulham jersey?

YES!

And no Agger

Vicxas wrote: »
    And no Agger

3 across, 1 down...........BOOOOOOOM! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Confirmed on SS that the fee is £12m, delighted!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement