Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Most outlets had the same story. The truth is that no deal was in place that allowed him to play that game as was widely reported. It would have been very odd to allow a multi-million pound deal to be put at risk so close to the start of the season. In all likelihood the media outlets (and then your buddy Mike) jumped to conclusions about it because they had been saying for months that he was about to join and the Super Cup offered an explanation for it not happening when they had said it would.

Another explanation is that Sevilla had threatened to play him in the Super Cup to hasten Liverpool's bid. The lateness of the deal breaking suggests this may have been the case, but the low reported cost of the deal suggests they got no real advantage from it.

Yeah it could be one of a number of things, like I say could well be a lucky guess. Im not particularly punting "my buddy Mike" as anything special.

The point wasnt Moreno, but more that twitter having good mixed in with the bad & you cant whitewash or blackwash any medium based on how some of its userbase choose to use it.

Id love every post referencing twitter to include the actual source so we can make our minds up for ourselves whether its rubbish or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Damn you Twitter!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Dickerty wrote: »
    L'Equipe? Not the Metro or Express??

Deleted the post as its BS :(:P:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Squad coming along nicely!

Bu7HmMVCEAE42mO.jpg

Harsh on Lucas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tim Vickery is on Talksport right now I'm listening, so will report anything said.

edit - nothing, one for 5 mins Talksport really is junk radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Take Longs 41% and 57% for last season, gives you 49%. That is, if I'm not mistaken, lower than 51%.

you can't average percentages with different totals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Squad coming along nicely!

Bu7HmMVCEAE42mO.jpg

Enrique? Lucas?

According to BBC Rumours, "Arsenal are still hopeful of signing PSG striker Edinson Cavani this summer, the Metro reports."

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Take Longs 41% and 57% for last season, gives you 49%. That is, if I'm not mistaken, lower than 51%.

That's not how you average a %.......

Plus if you are to take in the stats in the manner that you and the original poster are then Long has played almost 3 times less than Lambert in both clubs, this would render the "Total" stats as useless. Which would mean the average stats would count, meaning Long is a better player :p

But if a train leaves the station a 10.30 and travels at 60mph, who even cares anymore? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

But if a train leaves the station a 10.30 and travels at 60mph, who even cares anymore? :D

It'll be delayed if it's in Ireland anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tim Vickery is on Talksport right now I'm listening, so will report anything said.

edit - nothing, one for 5 mins Talksport really is junk radio.

You regretting the nuclear close account action with the return of your avatar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

FF Team done.......I can't fooking wait for this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Augmerson wrote: »
    It'll be delayed if it's in Ireland anyway.

Or it will break down and you'll have to get the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rumours are starting that we've put in a €39 bid for Cavani. Source is supposed to be L'Equipe, but can't seem to find anything there.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rumours are starting that we've put in a €39 bid for Cavani. Source is supposed to be L'Equipe, but can't seem to find anything there.

Ya i got fooled by it later. Its BS im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Boom_Bap wrote: »

39 euro? First Ayre gets Moreno for 12million and now Cavani for 39 euro? **** me that boy has skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

ASOT wrote: »
    Just a quick comparison but the stats speak for themselves.

0a9bc6ffd2772a61c12f64a50fcd7a07.png

You probably should have changed the filter at top left to select "Per 90 mins", as the stats comparison is useless when accounting for such a variance in actual playing time

Toure has said that he's staying, Rodgers has said he's part of his plans, so I would guess that means Coates or Agger needs to find a club. Or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

According to BBC Rumours, "Arsenal are still hopeful of signing PSG striker Edinson Cavani this summer, the Metro reports."

:rolleyes:

€39M +€1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Toure has said that he's staying, Rodgers has said he's part of his plans,

Ah ****...

Well, we will get more for Coates and Agger, that leaves us with Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho and Toure, which is pretty good. And then we get Ilori back next summer, and who knows what else could happen.

I don't think Agger would fight for 3rd choice, and we cannot afford to have 2 CBs on the bench (GK, CB, 2 FBs, CM, 3 Attackers) so he needs to bite the bullet.

How early can we put up the match thread?

Bloomberg Sports today released their expected table for the premiership

They expect City to win and there to be 2 points between 3rd and 5th place and Liverpool to lose out.

1 Manchester City 82.5
    2 Chelsea 82.0
    3 Arsenal 75.6
    4 Manchester 74.5
    5 Liverpool 73.3
    https://www.bsports.com/League-Projections#.U-uB1vldWGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

garra wrote: »
    You probably should have changed the filter at top left to select "Per 90 mins", as the stats comparison is useless when accounting for such a variance in actual playing time

Also, didn't Long play the first half of the season with WBA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Happy enough to have Toure around the squad. He's a leader, and seems to be a good fella to have around the club and dressing room.

He's obviously OK with a limited role, as well, when you consider the CB's ahead of him. Not like we would have gained much from the transfer if he did go to Trabzonspor

Ok, team for Sunday - same as last Sunday!

Mignolet
    Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Johnson
    Gerrard--Can

Henderson
    --Sterling
    Coutinho--
    Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Lambert, Borini
    Unavailable: Flanagan, Markovic, Lallana,
    Out of Squad: Toure, Suso, Ibe, Robinson, Assaidi, Ilori

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho has to be in the centre. My team for Sunday would be

___________Mignolet__________
    Manquillo___Skrtel___Lovren___Moreno
    _____Gerrard_______Can/Allen________
    Henderson___Coutinho_____Sterling
    __________Sturridge______________

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Bloomberg Sports today released their expected table for the premiership

They expect City to win and there to be 2 points between 3rd and 5th place and Liverpool to lose out.

1 Manchester City 82.5
    2 Chelsea 82.0
    3 Arsenal 75.6
    4 Manchester 74.5
    5 Liverpool 73.3
    https://www.bsports.com/League-Projections#.U-uB1vldWGM

And here was their predictions last year :cool::pac::D

BSportsEPL13-14PredictedTable_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=433&q=85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho has to be in the centre. My team for Sunday would be

___________Mignolet__________
    Manquillo___Skrtel___Lovren___Moreno
    _____Gerrard_______Can/Allen________
    Henderson___Coutinho_____Sterling
    __________Sturridge______________

In practice, it'll probably look a lot like this:

Mig
    ----Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gerrard
    EVVVVERRRRYYYBOOODDDDYYY!

Multiple Migs

HENDO

Sturridge

Sorted.

Multiple Migs

"Hello Clarice..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

General question re Champions league match tickets - Is my shiny new LFC Membership of any use in acquiring either Home or Away tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »
    In practice, it'll probably look a lot like this:

Mig
    ----Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gerrard
    EVVVVERRRRYYYBOOODDDDYYY!

Moreno is pretty much a wing back, and Manquillo looks to be fairly decent in the attacking half as well, so you could actually be right, there.

Why I'm so happy to have Can, and a fit Allen, in around the squad this year as well. Primarily the former, as if anything happens to Henderson, we'll have a fit box to box type player who can help keep that pressing, work rate, and high energy in the team.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho has to be in the centre.

Yeh, it's really an interchangable front 4 with Sturridge in the least flexible position.

I think I might have Hendo for first goal...

I can't see them starting Moreno, he might only get 1 day training with the team...

"Hello Clarice..."

"All those tedious sticky fumblings in Britannia stadium, all the while you wish you could get anywhere, anywhere at all, all the way to the Champions League!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Multiple Migs

cruise-top-gun.jpg

where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

does anyone know anything about this game behind closed doors.. is it today?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

does anyone know anything about this game behind closed doors.. is it today?

yesterday against Burnley, rumoured that we won 2-1, Lambert getting the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cjs21 wrote: »
    How many times lads?

Southampton had a much stronger team than Hull.

More chances means more goals, give Long the chances we created last year he'd have 20-25 goals last season if not more.

That's just painfully untrue - he's just a poor finisher, one of the worst at this level frankly. Good footballer, gets into great positions, but an absolute nightmare in front of goal.

Borini is twice the player Long is in every way, would much rather keep Borini as our backup - and even he's not quite at the level we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Richard Scudamore slagging off Luis I see, saying he's "glad to see the back of him" :rolleyes:

Bring back the Suarez 1!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Cjs21 wrote: »
    That's not how you average a %.......

Plus if you are to take in the stats in the manner that you and the original poster are then Long has played almost 3 times less than Lambert in both clubs, this would render the "Total" stats as useless. Which would mean the average stats would count, meaning Long is a better player :p

Come on now Shane, time to jump on a bus down to Southampton and get off boards lad. Step to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Ben Smith saying we inquired after Benzema, Falcao and Cavani, but told no chance(twitter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Connavar wrote: »
    Ben Smith saying we inquired after Benzema, Falcao and Cavani, but told no chance(twitter)

For all 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As I said yesterday I don't mind Eto'o as a stop gap while waiting for a top class striker to become available.

If we have to wait till the January transfer window or next summer for that to happen.

Chelsea used him the same way last season till they got Costa.

I would still like to get a RB and a keeper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

DrumSteve wrote: »
    For all 3?
    He only said we inquired about them (I would be incredibly surprised if we wanted more than one of them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

As I said yesterday I don't mind Eto'o as a stop gap while waiting for a top class striker to become available.

If we have to wait till the January transfer window or next summer for that to happen.

Chelsea used him the same way last season till they got Costa.

I would still like to get a RB and a keeper as well.

I reckon we're ok at RB, flanagan will go back to his natural side and we'll have manquillo. I think that's pretty decent.

Would like to see us sign a decent reserve keeper though. Wouldn't be happy relying on Jones if Mig injured himself. Someone long in the tooth who could handle the pressure if he was thrown in.

Et'oo might be ok for a year. Hard to know, depends on his fitness exam I guess. If we assess him thoroughly then all the age talk is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Shaw out for a month ? That has wiped the smirk of their faces.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement