Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookkeeping & Payroll

Options
  • 28-07-2014 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I'm in the planning stages of opening a new business. Some areas I have no experience of are bookkeeping and payroll.

I will have myself as and one other person as an employee. There will be several transactions per day.

I've no problem with receipts but the VAT returns, payroll and company accounts isn't an area that I have have experience in.

Does anybody have any recommendations.

I was thinking of getting in a bookkeeper at a periodic interval and get them to manage the accounts. Are there companies that provide this service or is there some better way of doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Where are you based.

Have you decided sole trader, partnership or company?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

I'd recommend Sage 50 Accounts. It's handy enough to get used to, and you can do a 3 stage course on it if you wish. You could do the bookkepping yourself if it was managable. I'm sure others would recommend the likes of quickbooks or Tazbooks but Sage 50 is the only one I have experience using and can comment on.

As for Payroll, I use Quantum Payroll. Also easy enough to use.

Advertisement