Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new life

Options
  • 28-07-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hello I am 30 iv dropped out of school early and have been working in a factory most of my life I got sick of it and just left one day.i would like to do some sort of a course if anyone has any advice on good courses please share.?i don't have a leaving cert which I think will be a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What are you interested in Bren? Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 brenodwyer

I am based in Tipperary.id like to do something in I.T.anything better than what I was doing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your local VEC will offer an Adult Education Guidance service. It's free, and a mine of information. I'd suggest getting in touch with them.

http://www.tippnorthvec.ie/aeo/adult-guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

brenodwyer wrote: »
    hello I am 30 iv dropped out of school early and have been working in a factory most of my life I got sick of it and just left one day.i would like to do some sort of a course if anyone has any advice on good courses please share.?i don't have a leaving cert which I think will be a problem?
    Alright Bren, I was in the same boat as you and am now going into year 3 of a computer science degree. Some colleges have mature student access courses and most will have places reserved on their degree level courses for students that complete these.

You can apply to for a place on a degree course without a leaving cert once your over 23, but they will want to see that you have an interest in the subject/experience or have maybe done a FAS course relating to it.

I did an access course and am glad I did, I don't think I would still be here without it.

Advertisement