Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return item without receipt but still under warranty

Options
  • 28-07-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

i bought a speaker that has a one year warranty and it broke six months into it... i dont have the receipt but did pay for it by credit card.

Would have a print out of the credit card bill be enough to convince the shop to take it back?... i know it wont specify the item bought but is it worth a try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

boardie100 wrote: »
    i bought a speaker that has a one year warranty and it broke six months into it... i dont have the receipt but did pay for it by credit card.

Would have a print out of the credit card bill be enough to convince the shop to take it back?... i know it wont specify the item bought but is it worth a try?

You could try it but it might not work

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

boardie100 wrote: »

All you need is proof of purchase and as its a repair not a return it should not be an issue, if it is just skip the point of purchase and go straight to the manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All you need is proof of purchase and as its a repair not a return it should not be an issue, if it is just skip the point of purchase and go straight to the manufacturer

Nothing to do with the manufactured. The OP only has a contract with the premises that sold it, if they want to dump their consumer rights they can go to the manufacturer but they are much better off dealing with the premises they bought from especially if it's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Del2005 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the manufactured. The OP only has a contract with the premises that sold it, if they want to dump their consumer rights they can go to the manufacturer but they are much better off dealing with the premises they bought from especially if it's Irish.

Never said it was just said if they don't want to deal with it without his receipt he has the choice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    You could try it but it might not work

A credit card statement is sufficient in lieu of a receipt.

OP - the retailer can offer a replacement, repair or refund. You are not entitled to an automatic refund. The retailer can offer one of the three, but you can decline if you feel it's not acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

thanks guys

Advertisement