Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Dates question

• 28-07-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Right lads, looking for a bit of advice on the NCT quickly as their helpline is closed for the evening and Im due below there in the morning. Basically, Ive a Beemer there at the minute that I bought a few months back and Im putting her through the test tomorrow. Where things get complicated is that the car was English, was brought in Ireland and VRT'd by the previous owner in 2011 but he and the car left the country again before it ever went through the test. The log book gives three dates, the date of purchase (Sept 2000), the date of registration in Ireland (Feb '11) and date of first licensing in Ireland (Aug '11). Now which of these dates would my NCT disk line up with??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

CianDon wrote: »
    Right lads, looking for a bit of advice on the NCT quickly as their helpline is closed for the evening and Im due below there in the morning. Basically, Ive a Beemer there at the minute that I bought a few months back and Im putting her through the test tomorrow. Where things get complicated is that the car was English, was brought in Ireland and VRT'd by the previous owner in 2011 but he and the car left the country again before it ever went through the test. The log book gives three dates, the date of purchase (Sept 2000), the date of registration in Ireland (Feb '11) and date of first licensing in Ireland (Aug '11). Now which of these dates would my NCT disk line up with??

The last import I done was nct'd from first date of reg in its original country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

CianDon wrote: »
    Right lads, looking for a bit of advice on the NCT quickly as their helpline is closed for the evening and Im due below there in the morning. Basically, Ive a Beemer there at the minute that I bought a few months back and Im putting her through the test tomorrow. Where things get complicated is that the car was English, was brought in Ireland and VRT'd by the previous owner in 2011 but he and the car left the country again before it ever went through the test. The log book gives three dates, the date of purchase (Sept 2000),
    That's the date of first registration in country of origin. Car is nearly 14 years old then.
    the date of registration in Ireland (Feb '11)
    That's the date car was first registered in Ireland.
    NCT dates will be based on anniversary of this date.
    and date of first licensing in Ireland (Aug '11).
    This is the date motortax was first paid for the car in Ireland, and VRC was issued.
    Now which of these dates would my NCT disk line up with??
    As above - with date of first registration in Ireland.
    So if your car is out of NCT, you should get your cert tomorrow valid until Feb 2015.

Advertisement