Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent barber Cork

Options
  • 28-07-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello,

As above, I'm looking for a decent barber I'm cork city or surrounding.

Used to use Boston barbers in Mahon point but a few of their good staff have left and the new crowd are ****e.

I usually get a low blend so anyone with experience of getting a decent one would be appreciated.

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moved to the Cork City forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

I use the Crop Shop on Paul st behind waterstones. All the lads in there are very good

I use Bodrums, the Turkish barber in the English market. Can't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Grafton Barber on French Church St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Berkat Barbers, next to SuperValu on Skehard Road. Excellent service and a great price. Haven't gone anywhere else since they opened last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Roar wrote: »
    Berkat Barbers, next to SuperValu on Skehard Road. Excellent service and a great price. Haven't gone anywhere else since they opened last year.

whats a great price these days?

Went to the Barber in Wilton last week and got up and left when I saw it was €23 for a short back and sides!

Thats quite a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Has Musa's reopened since he moved from the English Market?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Keith's in Barrack Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Fogsy93

Hogzy wrote: »
    Grafton Barber on French Church St.

Definitely the best in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭GLCC

Casablanca on Oliver Plunkett Street. Owned by a couple of Moroccan guys. Good barbers. French girl working there too who is very good. €10 for a good quality cut. Cant go wrong really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Sleephead wrote: »
    whats a great price these days?

Went to the Barber in Wilton last week and got up and left when I saw it was €23 for a short back and sides!

Thats quite a rip off

Can't understand why this place charges so much, but it still seems to have a few people in there any time I pass

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Boots234 wrote: »
    Can't understand why this place charges so much, but it still seems to have a few people in there any time I pass

It's the only barber in the SC I suppose. Real Rip Off Ireland stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭corks finest

Omahony92 wrote: »
    Hello,

As above, I'm looking for a decent barber I'm cork city or surrounding.

Used to use Boston barbers in Mahon point but a few of their good staff have left and the new crowd are ****e.

I usually get a low blend so anyone with experience of getting a decent one would be appreciated.

Steve
    bottom of rossa ave,bishopstownm,phil,hairdresser,cheap and cheerful,student/oap/recession prices

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fortjames

Go to caspian in paul street tesco, hameed is a good barber

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tauruz_ie

Pop into the Barbers in Mount Oval, Sahra's a great barber, you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

GLCC wrote: »
    Casablanca on Oliver Plunkett Street. Owned by a couple of Moroccan guys. Good barbers. French girl working there too who is very good. €10 for a good quality cut. Cant go wrong really.

Agree, got a great cut here during the week, have no hesitation in recommending them :cool:

Advertisement