Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag - Munich

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just can't dance (i.e. No clubs are open) on Thursday Friday or Saturday as a respect to JC getting nailed to the cross and dying a desperate death. It's a far more measured response than in Ireland where having a respectful pint is banned on good Friday.

Really??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Slattsy wrote: »
    Really??? :(
    Yup!
    Pubs not allowed to play music on good Friday too if I'm correct.

Clubs will open at midnight Saturday night though as its happy days again as no longer must we be sorrowful for Jesus dying a painful death, Easter Sunday is a happy day cos of the resurrection and all that.

But as I said, the pubs will be open as per normal so it shouldn't really put too much of a dampener on things

Ah thats ok, once i get a club at Midnight on Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoghan_mullo

Well Slattsy how did you get on? Ive a stag coming up the week after next, would be great to know any hints or tips

No one got locked up or received a dig along the way so happy enough :)

I was basically hammered all weekend, some stupid drinking done but sure thats the way it goes.
    Great craic was had and tbh we didnt hit many of the places we planned to. Serious amount of alcohol (not just the home brew) was consumed and i'd say by 4/5pm everyone was well on (none more so than myself) both days and we just lost hours and any plans went out the window and we just stopped at the next boozer.

Titty bars are titty bars and do what they say on the tin but dont try use your cards for anything as they tried to over charge one the boys by a few ton and same thing happened to lad the following night.
    Taxi's cheap and train from airport a piece of cake too.

Wouldnt be rushing back mind you. Its been done.

Def recommend Wombats hostel for anyone, bar there was great and absolutely hopping both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoghan_mullo

Cheers for that Slattsy, sounds like you had a good one, agreed about plans to go back, never return to the scene of the crime.
    I'll give the guys fair warning about the possibility of getting ripped off, don't know if they will listen though.
    Did you guys go to any of the beer gardens or did the weather allow it? Any pubs to recommend for a bunch of lads on the piss like you? Will definitely try that wombats bar, we are staying in some hotel on schillerstrasse, reassuringly crap looking for a stag

Advertisement