Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus 2008 Timing Belt

• 28-07-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

What should i expect to pay to change a Ford Focus 2008 timing belt?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Which engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭target assassin

2008 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Style 110BHP 5DR

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Average would be €300 or so for the kit and water pump in an independent garage.

Will cost more than that in a main dealer obviously.

Thanks,

i got quoted 360 from a nissan dealer, just wondering should i shop around.

another question my car is at 97524 Miles. is it urgent i do it or could i wait another 2000 miles.

Google says 100 000 miles or 8 years, which ever comes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

The 1.6tdci is a 125k mile interval

http://www.etis.ford.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Average would be €300 or so for the kit and water pump in an independent garage.

Will cost more than that in a main dealer obviously.

€300 for TB to also include pump/coolant? Good price.

Edit, I see the full kits are €100 now (mister-auto) plus €20ish for coolant, plus any trade discounts.

Ok so i can wait a month or two to do that and cause i have a list of other **** to do.

thanks for the info buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Just don't leave it until smack bang 125,000 miles, those belts are known to snap early, and prevention is better than cure. I've the 1.8 unit, which also says 125 as the recommended change, but I got it done at 100,000 miles to be on the safe side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Just don't leave it until smack bang 125,000 miles, those belts are known to snap early, and prevention is better than cure. I've the 1.8 unit, which also says 125 as the recommended change, but I got it done at 100,000 miles to be on the safe side.

The 1.8 is a very different beast.
    Before it was a chain with a 200000 km interval but really it would last the life of the car, with an auxiliary belt, to be exchanged every 200k km.
    After 2006 that the chain was replaced with a wet belt (Lunacy!) and they left the interval at 200k km, but it was only designed for 100k km, queue a raft of snapped belts and ruined engines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement