Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx costs for windows and door

Options
  • 28-07-2014 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi, could anyone give a rough estimate on the cost of replacing two sash windows and a back door with PVC equivalents? I want to keep the inside wooden architrave of the sash windows and door if possible as it is about the only nice feature in the rooms!

Sash windows are approx 45"W x 60"L - one for a bedroom and one for kitchen - looking for plain white PVC windows with one opening.
    Back door is approx 38"W x 82"L - looking for a white PVC backdoor that opens out with the top half glass so it will let some light into the kitchen.

I'm trying to book in to get 3 quotes at the moment, I have one company who will definitely come out to quote so far so any advice in relation to what I should be asking when getting quotes would be much appreciated.

A friend has suggested asking for trickle vents, I don't know anything about these, are they worth getting? Are they really useful for preventing condensation developing and for older houses to prevent damp?

Advertisement