Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl - Franziskaner 4 for €5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

None in Cobh, and there's always some there!

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Managed to get 2 boxes in Thomastown, and thats all that was on the shelf

Shelf label says the offer is running until 20/11

401135.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I despair with lidl sometimes, customer services seem to know or be told nothing, never mind the store managers who know even less. It's like some dude on planet lidl sits there pressing random stock buttons to send to stores but tells no one when or where the goods are going. Crazy system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Was told it has been taken off offer as it has been unavailable for 3 weeks!

prodsc wrote: »
    Was told it has been taken off offer as it has been unavailable for 3 weeks!

Arse and elbow lidl

Tried Waterford Tramore Road again today, none on shelf and no label indicating the offer either

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

Not one bottle in stillorgan and no mention of offer.....think I'll go to aldi and get the schofferhoffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and for your patience whilst we looked into your comments.

We have looked into your enquiry, and regret to inform you that the Franziskaner Wheat Beer 5.0% is temporarily discontinued.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience and we hope to have this available again in the near future. We have passed your feedback on to the relevant internal department also. We trust that this has answered your enquiry and you will continue to be a valued Lidl customer.

K.C wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and for your patience whilst we looked into your comments.

We have looked into your enquiry, and regret to inform you that the Franziskaner Wheat Beer 5.0% is temporarily discontinued.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience and we hope to have this available again in the near future. We have passed your feedback on to the relevant internal department also. We trust that this has answered your enquiry and you will continue to be a valued Lidl customer.

Another example of how Lidl haven't a clue what they are on about in their customer services dept/purchasing/management - saw this earlier -

"lidl can confirm this beer will be back in stores as part of our everyday range in about 2 weeks time, we don't know of it will be on special"

So you decide:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 joycer1979

none in tyrrelstown lidl or Blanch centre,
    Nightmare

joycer1979 wrote: »
    none in tyrrelstown lidl or Blanch centre,
    Nightmare

As per post - 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joycer1979

awhhh thanks I didn't know someone already posted but thanks cheers sound

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

Has anyone tries the Perlenbacher Weissbier in cans in LIDL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

okatied wrote: »

You b#**ix, I thought the offer was on 😣

It won't be on offer according to Lidl, but it is meant to be back in stock from today (was missing for about 3 weeks)

• Advertisement

Good to know, went looking for it yesterday in greystones- nada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

Yes....not as good as bottled Franziskaner but drinkable and good value.

At present, I am buying Franziskaner in Dunnes at 5 for 10 euro and using their 10euro off 50 voucher so getting it for 1.60 a bottle.

Dunnes also have Durlacher Weissbier in cans at 1.30 each which comes out at 1.04, using a 10 off 50 voucher. I prefer it to Perlenbacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭miftha

Got this response from Lidl... :(

"We write in relation to your email regarding the Franziskaner Beer. May we apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

Unfortunately, this item is no longer available in our stores. Please be assured that we have passed your interest in this product to our Purchasing Department who always appreciate and welcome feedback from our valued customers.

We would again like to apologise for the inconvenience caused as a result."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

is there a un-thank button

miftha wrote: »
    Got this response from Lidl... :(

"We write in relation to your email regarding the Franziskaner Beer. May we apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

Unfortunately, this item is no longer available in our stores. Please be assured that we have passed your interest in this product to our Purchasing Department who always appreciate and welcome feedback from our valued customers.

We would again like to apologise for the inconvenience caused as a result."

That's at odds with what I read on the twit machine - "this should be back in stores on Wednesday, regards"

• Advertisement

tinner777 wrote: »
    is there a un-thank button

Yes there is, bottom left of the post where it says remove your thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭miftha

vicwatson wrote: »
    That's at odds with what I read on the twit machine - "this should be back in stores on Wednesday, regards"

Agreed based on what I see here too.

Was it back in stores on Wednesday (not been to Lidl this week yet)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

miftha wrote: »
    Agreed based on what I see here too.

Was it back in stores on Wednesday (not been to Lidl this week yet)?

If it was back in stores was it a Bargain? 4/5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My old stock is all gone, made a special effort to clear it the last few weeks in order to replenish when cheap again, bloody shocked with the decision not to stock it going forward.

My old stock is all gone, made a special effort to clear it the last few weeks in order to replenish when cheap again, bloody shocked with the decision not to stock it going forward.

That's not definite AD. There is conflicting information - just the normal stuff from lidl really, right and left hands never know what's going on in that company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Hope they start stocking again soon . on a side note, got a few from O Brien's and one of the bottles has a syrup type texture. Not the first time it's happened. Anyone ever see this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

Fransiskaner back in stock in LIDL in Leixlip. Not on offer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fransiskaner back in stock in LIDL in Leixlip. Not on offer though

Niceone Lidl .... genius move to have none available for the Christmas period :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

As an alternative I tried the Rheinbacher Weissbier from Aldi €1.50 a 500ml bottle.
    I didn't like it at all. I wouldn't recommend it.
    The cans of weissbier in Lidl €1.05 were much nicer. Can't remember what they're called though.

asharkman wrote: »
    As an alternative I tried the Rheinbacher Weissbier from Aldi €1.50 a 500ml bottle.
    The cans of weissbier in Lidl €1.05 were much nicer. Can't remember what they're called though.

I drank that rheinbacher on draft in cologne last week, being on draught didnt do anything for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Perlenbacher's, no?

2uyio1d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I haven't had it, so I shouldn't really comment, but drinking a weissbier out of a can just seems wrong.

Lucena wrote: »
    I haven't had it, so I shouldn't really comment, but drinking a weissbier out of a can just seems wrong.

Try it and let us know, it's actually quite good and tonnes of quality weissbiers are sold in cans in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

:DNice.....off topic, anyone find the Tyskie v.sweet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I tried the new can of wheet beer Lidl were selling and it's not bad. I haven't had drink from a can in years and it felt a bit weird. It wasn't as nice as the bottle but I wouldn't turn it down if it was handed to me. I've tried selection of Belgian beers too they have/had and they were quite nice but they're only 330ml so more were need to be bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Jet Black wrote: »
    I've tried selection of Belgian beers too they have/had and they were quite nice but they're only 330ml so more were need to be bought.

Careful now - they're usual a lot stronger too so you need to adjust volume accordingly. Trust me on that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Jet Black wrote: »
    I tried the new can of wheet beer Lidl were selling and it's not bad. I haven't had drink from a can in years and it felt a bit weird.

Get a stein! :D

styron wrote: »
    Perlenbacher's, no?

2uyio1d.jpg

My mistake- schoherhoffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Get a stein! :D

Is that what a Belfast man gets after eating a kebab? :D

Any franziskaner on offer I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

On offer at the moment in my local Lidl. Not as good as it used to be but 4 for €6 will do for now

On offer at the moment in my local Lidl. Not as good as it used to be but 4 for €6 will do for now

Countrywide I wonder? and when is the offer available until?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Alpenfest started yesterday in Lidl so could be connected (though there's no mention of the offer on the website page only Festbier and the Stein is also back)

http://www.lidl.ie/en/8034.htm

Countrywide I wonder? and when is the offer available until?

Just checked in the Cork Road, Waterford branch, no offer on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Spocker wrote: »
    Just checked in the Cork Road, Waterford branch, no offer on there

Ask them to scan them - should still work. I've had that problem occasionally with Lidl - offers not marked in local shop (including Franziskaner one time), but scanning at checkout at offer price.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ask them to scan them - should still work. I've had that problem occasionally with Lidl - offers not marked in local shop (including Franziskaner one time), but scanning at checkout at offer price.

Exactly. Offer definitely running in every store.

Quackster wrote: »
    Exactly. Offer definitely running in every store.

Until when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Careful now - they're usual a lot stronger too so you need to adjust volume accordingly. Trust me on that :pac:

They're just about the right size. They will literally blow your head off.
    The gift box ones floored me.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Until when?

The SEL for the offer was conspicuous by its absence when I picked up some in my local store earlier so I've no idea unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement