Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repulsive names of cafés

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm not a fan of that new sandwich bar next to Pearse station called Nom Noms either. You sound like a prat saying it out loud!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

The Hungry Pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Some cretins opened a burger joint in Athlone called De Mad Hoor - It didn't last long. I'm told that the food was about as appetising as the name....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Long Gone wrote: »
    Some cretins opened a burger joint in Athlone called De Mad Hoor - It didn't last long. I'm told that the food was about as appetising as the name....

What feckwit decided that would be a good name?

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

There's an Italian restaurant over the Xtra-Vision in Finglas that used to have a long poster outside with the tagline

"itsa nice a place to stuffa you face"

Class

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My favourite is still 'Soon Fat' the Chinese in Bray.

chopper6 wrote: »
    What feckwit decided that would be a good name?

The mind boggles.

Feckwits indeed - Never underestimate the capacity of some people for crass, vulgar stupidity. It was opened during the so-called Celtic Tiger era right at the front of the new Athlone Town Centre development (itself a badly designed monument to bling that is now struggling) and right beside the (also brand new at the time) Athlone Civic Centre which was built at great expense using taxpayers money.

Visitors seeing the name of the joint were appalled....

http://www.happyrobot.net/words/sunshine_jen.asp?id=9741

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Long Gone wrote: »
    Visitors seeing the name of the joint were appalled....

http://www.happyrobot.net/words/sunshine_jen.asp?id=9741

there is nothing in that blog to point to the author being "appalled".

there is nothing in that blog to point to the author being "appalled".

Oh yeah ? - And where exactly did I say there was Sherlock ? ?

Visitors in general and locals were appalled - As any normal person would be by such a crass, ignorant name.

I must investigate if it's still open, but there was a restaurant in Moate called Draculas.

You can imagine the reviews in the local press when it opened including:

The stakes are to die for. The waiters are a pain in the neck. etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

The late,unlamented Gerry Ryan had apparantly plans to open a chipper called "Gerry's Cod Piece" down the docks somewhere.

Advertisement