Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 28/07/14 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It was refreshing to see something different in main event spot of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,054 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angron wrote: »
    I'm also disappointed we didn't see Bo get to 22-0 and take a few shots at the Undertaker :pac:

Bollsh*t him losing his streak already to Truth

I liked Reigns beatdown by Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mxph3 wrote: »
    It was refreshing to see something different in main event spot of the show.

I have to disagree. I just simply dont care for this angle and Steph is being wasted with Brie.

Imagine the same segment and feud with someone of AJ Lees caliber in place of Brie and it be worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,054 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have to disagree. I just simply dont care for this angle and Steph is being wasted with Brie.

Imagine the same segment and feud with someone of AJ Lees caliber in place of Brie and it be worth watching.

I agree Brie is terrible as she cant act

• Registered Users Posts: 33,096 ✭✭✭✭CSF

J. Marston wrote: »
    I was wondering what they were up to putting Steph/Brie(?) in the main event but Stephanie made it very entertaining. She's such a bitch! Brie is a horrible actress though.

It was something different than a run of the mill 6 man tag anyway.
    But its not just a segment, they're building upto a match. A match that there is no reason for to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer really buried Cena badly on his podcast this morning for about five minutes. He's normally one of Cena's biggest defenders. He accounts for how awkward is at bumping and his punches - Cena's legacy problems. Also he wasn't referring to the clunky hurricana. Just his entire performance in which Dave thought he was making rookie mistakes left and right in that he was out of position for a lot of moves in the match.

Watching it live in the early hours I thought it was **** type TV match. Will rewatch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

beakerjoe wrote: »

Sure, Brie Bella is not on the same level as AJ Lee but I still enjoy this storyline regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Neither of them wrestle, one of them can act. Honestly how can you sell this as anything other than a huge disappointment?

Hey you'll get no argument from me.

She's doing a great job and she's a heat magnet but i'd rather they actually build up a feud involving THE ACTUAL WRESTLERS.

No reason they couldn't have ended on a Ambrose/Rollins segment.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hey you'll get no argument from me.

She's doing a great job and she's a heat magnet but i'd rather they actually build up a feud involving THE ACTUAL WRESTLERS.

No reason they couldn't have ended on a Ambrose/Rollins segment.
    I don't disagree that Stephanie is decent at promos, but her role in the WWE should be to build up others, not herself, and not Brie Bella. This just stinks of an egotrip, just because HHH is seen to give the rub to an up and comer, doesn't mean Stephanie needs to find someone who isn't even one, to do the same with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

AJ would have been perfect, especially considering their little face off last year. Even someone like Emma could have been great but Brie is a waste of time. Would be like Triple H putting over Kane. It helps nobody.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    AJ would have been perfect, especially considering their little face off last year. Even someone like Emma could have been great but Brie is a waste of time. Would be like Triple H putting over Kane. It helps nobody.

AJ yes, Emma no, there is no going back for Emma at this stage IMO.

CSF wrote: »
    AJ yes, Emma no, there is no going back for Emma at this stage IMO.

Someone like Emma. Young, relatively unknown, not really established and pretty good in the ring. Dont think Stephanie would be up for getting kicked around by Paige :pac:

Obviously AJ is my first choice.

This is most likely a Total Divas co-promotion makes more sense business wise than a random AJ Lee-Steph feud. It also plays off Wrestlemania and way to have Daniel Bryan on Summerslam without Wrestling.

rovert wrote: »
    This is most likely a Total Divas co-promotion makes more sense business wise than a random AJ Lee-Steph feud. It also plays off Wrestlemania and way to have Daniel Bryan on Summerslam without Wrestling.

Shocker, rovert approves :pac:

Nobody in their right mind wants to see Stephanie against Brie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The novelty of seeing Steph in ring gear almost makes it worth it. But not quite.

It was a fun segment but I don't want to see a match, it's going to be crap.

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    The novelty of seeing Steph in ring gear almost makes it worth it. But not quite.

It was a fun segment but I don't want to see a match, it's going to be crap.

Stephanie was never up to much but she could have been carried by someone like AJ. Brie Bella isnt awful but is also nowhere near good enough to do it. I'll be shocked if it is anything other than a contender for worst match of the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be shocked if there was an actual match. There's going to be run ins, gimmicks and swerves all the way. At best, there'll be a few slaps thrown and a takedown/cat fight. But they aren't going to be trying for chain wrestling or a MOTY. It'll be all angle....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if there was an actual match. There's going to be run ins, gimmicks and swerves all the way. At best, there'll be a few slaps thrown and a takedown/cat fight. But they aren't going to be trying for chain wrestling or a MOTY. It'll be all angle....

2/3 falls.

1st fall: Submission match.
    2nd fall: Cage match.
    3rd fall: 30 minute Iron-woman match.

oDGOiW1.gif

Wow you are still sniping at me even still?

It has been one of the best built things on WWE. I want to see it.

Angle that will be much more interesting and heated than Wyatt vs Jericho!

• Advertisement

Angle that will be much more interesting and heated than Wyatt vs Jericho!

You cant honestly expect it to be worth a place on one of the biggest PPV's of the year.

It's almost like you are doing exactly what you constantly accuse me of doing. Disagreeing for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

AJ Lee has the mannerisms down but I find her forced and awkward on the mic. I really don't think she'd add much more to the feud in Brie's face.

Brie actually comes across as very likeable to me anyway, so her 'poor' acting doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Not everyone has a slight AJ lee obsession and think she's the be all-end all of the current diva's division.

I actually think the bella's are good on the mic, and more interesting than AJ currently

You cant honestly expect it to be worth a place on one of the biggest PPV's of the year

It has in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Digitalism wrote: »
    I actually think the bella's are good on the mic, and more interesting than AJ currently

I am impressed with how they've both somewhat shaken off their twin-magic gimmick and actually carved out some sense of identity in the division. I mean, I'm not comparing it to the highs of where the division once stood, but it does stand to take some measure of pressure of AJ being the sole standout in terms of personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Streak is over lads, never forget. :(

Digitalism wrote: »
    I actually think the bella's are good on the mic
    Wut

They can be marketing whatever they want to be fair, I don't care if they're doing a multi-billion dollar deal with Subway on it, its going to be an absolute pile of **** and the fans should treat it as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

23tinf7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least tell me Cameron/Naomi are finished feuding or we could end up with 3 women's matches on the night.

So why do you think Truth took the streak? That was a PPV level event.

Advertisement