Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Answering

Options
  • 28-07-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi, I have call answering set up on my landline for years. Up to a couple of weeks ago there was no need to log onto voicemail to see if I had messages as as soon as you lifted the receiver there was a bleep on the line. This is now gone so (if I remember) you have to dial in to the voicemail bank or wait for the automated call to say there is a message. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I have call answering set up on my landline for years. Up to a couple of weeks ago there was no need to log onto voicemail to see if I had messages as as soon as you lifted the receiver there was a bleep on the line. This is now gone so (if I remember) you have to dial in to the voicemail bank or wait for the automated call to say there is a message. How can I fix this?
    Hi Southern Belle

I have not heard of this happening before, A broken dial tone means you have new messages. Have you made sure your mailbox is not full? Please try deleting a few old messages this might help.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Hi Southern Belle

I have not heard of this happening before, A broken dial tone means you have new messages. Have you made sure your mailbox is not full? Please try deleting a few old messages this might help.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, I have no messages stored-I delete them as soon as heard. The broken dial tone always worked until a week or so ago

Hi Al, I have no messages stored-I delete them as soon as heard. The broken dial tone always worked until a week or so ago

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?
    Hi Southern Belle

I'm all out of ideas however I have asked around and I'm waiting from feedbback from accounts & technical support - as soon as I have more information I'll let you know :)

Al

Hi Southern Belle

I'm all out of ideas however I have asked around and I'm waiting from feedbback from accounts & technical support - as soon as I have more information I'll let you know :)

Al

It's ok, phoned customer service and they sorted it straight away. Thks

• Advertisement

Hi Southern Belle

Al

It's ok, phoned customer service and they sorted it straight away. Thks
    Thanks for letting me know Southern Belle

Al

Advertisement