Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog biscuits

• 28-07-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone makes their own dog biscuits & if so what Kind?I make peanut butter or peanut butter & banana biscuits and my dogs love them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I keep meaning to!! I made some frozen treats for them, natural yoghurt and peanut butter frozen into ice cube moulds, I froze some bits of apple as well but that's about it so far! How do you make your peanut butter and banana biscuits? I always have bananas going slightly off and put them in the freezer to make something with but never do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I made some lovely (yes we ate some lol) coconut and banana ones for Lucy's birthday - will post a link to the recipe when I get home ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My daughter has made sardine and parsley biscuits, peanut butter and banana muffins, chesse and herb biscuits and some biscuits with liver in (can't remember what they were) for the dogs and cats.
    Sardine ones went down very well, but they also liked all the others too.
    I buy a bag of ground rice flour and fine ground oats to use in biscuits instead of normal flour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

As much as I know my would go BALLOOOOOOBAS for the sardine one I don't think I would have the stomach to make them, those little mini fish in a tin make me wanna barf! Does your kitchen smell of fish when you're baking them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    As much as I know my would go BALLOOOOOOBAS for the sardine one I don't think I would have the stomach to make them, those little mini fish in a tin make me wanna barf! Does your kitchen smell of fish when you're baking them?

Mixing the fishies in a coffin (my daughter called them that since she was a toddler) into the mix was bad, but once they were in the oven it was fine, they didn't smell bad at all cooked, and I hate the smell of fish!

This is like the recipe we used, instead of flour I used rice flour and I left out garlic and added a bunch of chopped parsley.
    http://www.bdws.co.uk/2012/12/06/sardine-oatcakes/

Cheap tesco irish oats (1kg for about a euro) are nice and fine for baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

I use 400g extra course whole meal flour, jar of peanut butter, banana, 1 egg, tsp baking powder, cup of water. It makes about 30 biscuits but I give some away. Will try the coconut & cheese ones next week, not sure i could stomach the sardine ones either but we'll see. Thanks for suggestions

Oops forgot the 2 tbsp of honey!

Advertisement