Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making Times

• 28-07-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've been back training for a good while now and think I'm ready to go back competitively.

I would be able to swim under a club when I go back but due to the situation I'm in I'll be away for college and won't be able to train with them continuously but will be doing things on my own.

I'm wondering as I don't have any times recorded at galas are there any galas you can apply to without times to get your times or would I have to go to a Grade C gala and swim against young kids as I'm 20 (or are there adult age groups at those level galas)?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Owanea1

Just did some more looking and if I went to a masters event and got decent times would they carry over to a non-masters event (Irish Open etc.)?

Sorry for sounding confusing but the rules and regulations are a bit confusing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Where are you going to college? Would there not be a club in the college you are joining or a club in city/town you are going to be in for college?
    There isn't swim galas for people at grade c for adults. You would compete in Masters events
    What events are you looking to swim? Masters events are categorised by age and while you swim against all in your event you are not strictly racing against them just the people in your age category

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Owanea1

Thanks for the reply :)

The college has a club that I will be joining but I don't think they are SI recognised (if that makes sense).

I found a masters club I could join but just wondering would times achieved in masters galas be approved to swim in the Irish Open, etc. as they are non-masters events. I'm assuming they would be as the masters gala would be SI recognised?

Would be looking at frontcrawls, breaststrokes & IM's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Owanea1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :)

The college has a club that I will be joining but I don't think they are SI recognised (if that makes sense).

I found a masters club I could join but just wondering would times achieved in masters galas be approved to swim in the Irish Open, etc. as they are non-masters events. I'm assuming they would be as the masters gala would be SI recognised?

Would be looking at frontcrawls, breaststrokes & IM's.
    What kind of times are you doing for the events?
    If the club in the college isn't SI recognised join it and try get it recognised. Where are you going to be in college as other posters could help give advice on possible clubs to join etc
    Why do you keep mentioning Irish Open? Masters gala's would be SI recognised.
    What kind of times are you doing for each event?

Advertisement