Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for factual statements

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'd like the infraction given on my account a few days ago removed please. I asked the mod to remove it on Friday, but they didn't respond; I asked them again today, and they refused.

The statements I made, while pointed, are not my opinion or defamatory, they are factual.

The entire premise of the thread is the OP looking for ways to welch on a contract they signed, which is by definition cheating. They make it clear in several places in the thread that they admire and may attempt several of the strategies suggested by respondents - some of them downright dodgy - cementing this.

The OP also states categorically that they have the money, but simply don't want to spend it now they have a cheaper replacement; and then state in the post before mine, twice, that they told DFS they don't have the money. Lies = liar.

The moderator says that my statement isn't in keeping with the forum, but I'd argue that of anything they're more in keeping than the rest of the thread. My statement was factual, to the point, and legally defendable. The OP is trying to break a legally-binding contract, and lying.

If I had called the OP an assh#ole or somesuch, I would understand, but I didn't, I called them a liar and a cheat, and people like that - and their supporters - should be called out on it. That's all I did. For that reason, I would like the infraction reversed please.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Sorry, this is the thread, I'm on the touch site:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057234531/1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi dave

we have reviewed this and found there is no basis to reverse your infraction. Your post just took pot shots at the OP without even making an attempt to provide any constructive advice. Plenty of other posters managed to get similar messages as your across without being so crude or blatant about it.
    So you're a liar as well as a cheat then?

Sorry dave but I have to support this infraction. If you still believe you were infracted incorrectly (which you weren't) though you can of course request an admin review per the flow above.

Advertisement