Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre In Bailieborough.

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Am currently a Sky Broadband customer and my hometown Bailieborough in C. Cavan had just been enabled Efibre in last two weeks and was thinking of changing to it, obviously for the higher download and upload speeds. I am abou 150 yrds away from the nearest green cabinet and as told by An Eircom sales rep who called to my house that I would get 85mb speed being so close to that cabinet but on checking on the Eircom site it says I will get 40mb max. So which is correct? a neighbour who lives two doors away from me and further from that cabinet is been quoted 60 mb max. If anyone from eircom fibre reading this, can you explain. Which is correct , what the sales ref said or the speed/line check on eircom site?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kevgorman wrote: »
    Am currently a Sky Broadband customer and my hometown Bailieborough in C. Cavan had just been enabled Efibre in last two weeks and was thinking of changing to it, obviously for the higher download and upload speeds. I am abou 150 yrds away from the nearest green cabinet and as told by An Eircom sales rep who called to my house that I would get 85mb speed being so close to that cabinet but on checking on the Eircom site it says I will get 40mb max. So which is correct? a neighbour who lives two doors away from me and further from that cabinet is been quoted 60 mb max. If anyone from eircom fibre reading this, can you explain. Which is correct , what the sales ref said or the speed/line check on eircom site?
    Hi kevgorman

If you PM me your landline number I can check for you :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kevgorman

Pm'd details, thanks

Pm'd details, thanks
    Just replied Kevin

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kevgorman

Thanks Alan for your quick response, bit disappointed but thank you anyway :)

Thanks Alan for your quick response, bit disappointed but thank you anyway :)
    No worries kevgorman
    Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement