Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The unseen efforts

Options
  • 29-07-2014 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

I read this today and from the article it appears a few gardai have been desperately trying to deal with this "gentleman" .

I can imagine are fair bit of work went into preparing the application.

http://m.rte.ie/news/touch/2014/0728/633668-court/

Here's hoping it's not all in vain. Every day I imagine gardai have beg borrow and steal the time to address these individuals. When they are successfull there is little in the way of recognition.

I think I speak for most people that have young daughters, nieces, cousins etc in thanking you for the time and effort in addressing evil before it lands on our doorstep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

I agree they deserve respect and thanks for their efforts. How frustrating it must be for those gardai though to achieve convictions and have criminals released early to reoffend. 12 year sentence in 2007, 5 year sentence shortly afterwards...shouldn't he still be locked up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Pugins wrote: »
    I agree they deserve respect and thanks for their efforts. How frustrating it must be for those gardai though to achieve convictions and have criminals released early to reoffend. 12 year sentence in 2007, 5 year sentence shortly afterwards...shouldn't he still be locked up!

I have always been of the opinion when considering release or sentence the board or judge should be informed they will be placed in their suburb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

While it is good they are tracking him I am concerned that high level sex offenders may have gotten away with it due to connections, as has been revealed in the UK.

Advertisement