Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervans at electric picnic

Options
  • 29-07-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, has anybody got a campervan ticket to electric picnic to sell? If not can anyone tell me is it safe to put a camper in the car park and sleep in it? Bit nervous and bringing child this year...thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

NOC1 wrote: »
    Hi, has anybody got a campervan ticket to electric picnic to sell? If not can anyone tell me is it safe to put a camper in the car park and sleep in it? Bit nervous and bringing child this year...thanks in advance :-)

You won't be allowed to bring a camper van in to the regular car park I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NOC1

I've definitely seen them in car parks, just wondering what people's experience of that is, it's not a huge camper, fits into normal car park space :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I've definitely seen them in car parks, just wondering what people's experience of that is, it's not a huge camper, fits into normal car park space :-)

Ah right well according to their website you're not allowed to sleep in the normal car park but I'm sure you'd get away with it

Yeah, just a case of hit and miss in it, cud be unlucky or not in terms of neighbours...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

what size campervan?

• Advertisement

Well it's a 4 berth fiat Ducato but as I said, fits just right in a normal car park space :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Well it's a 4 berth fiat Ducato but as I said, fits just right in a normal car park space :-)

I can only give advise based on my experience. I've parked my vw t25 in the car park a couple of years with no hassle. The official line is you're not allowed to sleep in any vehicle in the car park so if asked just say you are camping in the campsites. Plenty of people do camp in the car parks in all sorts of vehicles, so you should have little problems. Just be discreet and don't draw too much attention with loud music or campfires and you should be fine. If quizzed on your way in just say you are camping inside.
    I was approached once by two young girls working for security during the saturday while i was chilling in the van. I told them what they needed to hear "no, i'm not sleeping in the van, i'm just using it to cook some food". They went away happy that we all followed the script. ;)

As for noise, i wouldn't worry about it. The lottery of bad neighbours is also a factor inside. The worst neighbours we've had in all the year of going was two years ago in the campervan site when they repeated Celine Dions "i will always love you" on full volume about a dozen times during the sunday night .... and they insisted on singing along at the top of their voices. That is enough to test any mans patience. :rolleyes:

Thanks a million for that advice, reckon your spot on that being discreet about it is our best bet and yeah it's risky in terms of neighbours no matter where you camp, would not be happy with Celine Dion blaring mind you, lol.. I'd have moved to a different car park ;-) Thanks again, I appreciate your input !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Try the motor forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement