Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for the semi annual Boards Beers II

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Boards beers, new dates.

What dates in August suits you? 22 votes

0%
    36%
    lampsiegrosserbikocoffee_cakepleasant Co.Dutchesswp_ratheadTokyo 8 votes
    22%
    bikocoffee_cakepleasant Co.moonflowertakamichinoku 5 votes
    40%
    [Deleted User]Redhairedguygrosserbikopleasant Co.DutchesstakamichinokuMadconmetroburgers 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

It's been awhile since we had a get together and as I had to miss the Christmas beers I was thinking why not have one now that the weather is nice and the city gets into the swing of the various festivals.

I'm thinking that the best time for this would be either Friday the 18 or Saturday the 19 of this month and that we could start in O'Connolls before making our way down to the Salt House or vice versa.

Oh can I vote for the Saturday as I am actually working in Galway that day!

Daisies wrote: »
    Oh can I vote for the Saturday as I am actually working in Galway that day!

Either day suits me so we can let the voting decide, though if it is the Friday and you still fancy meeting up with a few boardsies then I'm sure there'll be plenty of us around both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am still abroad on a secret spy mission but have fun y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm working till 9 on the Sat but can join then
    I'm heading out Friday but I'v gang friends up so unlikely I'd be able join

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Did this go ahead in the end?

• Advertisement

Not an official one anyways. Had a few Last night with a couple of boardsies. Thinking that we may throw up a new poll and try again for mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sounds good. I've a few weddings within the month, but would love to raise a glass with ye mad bastárds, as it's been a while. :D

I'm up for August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Crap I completely forgot about this! I'd love to meet some Galway boardsies, I've been to a few boards beers and they're always fun. I have a big pain in the arse deadline on the 15th of August but if there's anything on after that I'd really love to come along.

I'm thinking either the weekend of the 15 of the 22 of August. That way people have plenty of notice and this time if you plan on attending reply to the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

In fairness this thread seemed kind of dead last time round, presumably if it went ahead discussion had moved to PMing or something? I didn't want to wade into the discussion because I knew it was a pretty long shot that I'd make it, and then when I saw how long the thread had been dormant I just assumed it hadn't worked out or had enough interest. I'll pay more attention this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

id be up for this on the 15th or 22nd august.

New dates set. Added Saturdays as well.

You can vote for more than one date.
    Votes are public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I think I'll just stalk ye from a distance

22 or 23 would be best, I've a few things on earlier in the month.

22 and 23 now in lead, neither suits me (have to travel again).

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

i have a wedding on the 15th so keeping the mojo rising that weekend would be brilliant.

Ok, tomorrow is the 15th and although it's close the 22nd has one vote more..

I will call it - 22nd.

I'm closing this and starting a venue thread with some options.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement