Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged twice by dominos but no pizza?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I went to order a pizza on Sunday evening using the dominos website.
    All seemed fine, order was going through when I received an error with my debit card.
    I know there was money on it as I was only paid on Friday (months salary)

I then decided to try using their app and paypal.
    Again all seemed fine but error was thrown at the last second.

My missus rang the store (as I was busy with the kids) and the guy was really nice.
    He said this was something that happened last year aswell.
    He said it was a problem with the server and that the store got no record of an order but I was charged?
    He said the money should be back on my card on Tuesday?
    No sign of it today.

I am not sure who I should contact about it, do I ring dominos back?

I can see both charges on my debit card, 1 through direct card and the other through paypal.
    I am worried that i will have to contact domino's then my bank and then paypal.
    I will also be charged for withdrawing my money from paypal when the money goes back on the card.

I have to say this will put me off ordering from Domino's in the future.

I was trying to find an email address for their head office but can't seem to find one.

has anyone had a similar issue?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Sham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It can take 5 working days for these shadow payments to be reversed. Keep an eye on your account. It should be a matter of the debit disappearing rather than a credit going through.

Advertisement