Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexplained new credit card??

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I was sent out a new credit card with the same expiry date as my current credit card but a different credit card number. I've had the same credit card number for over 10 years. The letter that accompanied the credit card doesn't explain anything, it basically just says here is your new credit card. I'm confused as to why this was done especially because the credit card expires in a few months anyway? This just seems like pointless inconvenience to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 canislupus

It's replacing your old (student) credit card. Same happened to me. Apparently sent letter explaining same a few months ago (which I never got).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi youcancallmeal,

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.

There are a number of reasons why a new card might be issued to you, without having access to your account it would be difficult say why.

I would recommend that you contact our Credit Card team at: 1890 251 251 they will be happy to check this for you.

Ensure you have your card number with you when you call. On the menu - press option 1 for personal customers, followed by option 5 to speak to a customer service agent.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Nicola

Advertisement