Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail account hacked? All emails unread

Options
  • 29-07-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

My gmail inbox is showing every single email as unread (in other words, thousands of emails).

My concern is that the account has been corrupted but perhaps it is a matter of changing settings? I have looked at this in detail but can't locate any relevant setting.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know a solution?

Thanks in advance

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It can be easily done and undone.

Go to All Mail > Select the top checkbox > Click the "Select all xxxx conversations in All Mail" > Mark As Read

Or follow these images:

how-to-mark-unread-emails-as-read-gmail-2.png

how-to-mark-unread-emails-as-read-gmail-3.png

how-to-mark-unread-emails-as-read-gmail-4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Advertsfox, you may or may not want to edit your second image as it's showing your(?) name?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Advertsfox, you may or may not want to edit your second image as it's showing your(?) name?

That's not him. They're from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP any reason a mail client (Outlook, WLM, Thunderbird etc) would have connected? If they did they can mark all mails they download as read.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

It is better to contact with Gmail Support team. They will provide required reference for recovery of account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You can check when you signed in last by going to https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity?pli=1

Advertisement