Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is that racket around Herbert Road in Bray?

• 29-07-2014 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

:mad:

Does anybody know what in the name of God is that racket somewhere around Herbert Road that's gone on all day long for the last couple of months-a constant banging coming from the river/ studios area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can hear it too from my lofty position behind the studios above the Dargle Valley. It's part of the flood defence works, sheetpiling a section of the river bank down by the La Valee apartments. If you don't know, sheetpiling involves hammering short, interlocking sections of corrugated steel into the ground using the same equipment as for piledriving. It's due to go on until the end of August :eek:

There's a brief mention of it on the Bray Town Council's website under Recent News, but clicking on the link for more info just gives an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Thanks for that.

I suppose, irritating though it is, it has to be done then

Advertisement