Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Professional Master of Education Interview

• 29-07-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I have an interview for the Professional Master of Education in Hibernia College coming up and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding the questions that I may be asked during it. There are interviews in English and Gaelige and any help on either would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

think there is a thread on this already somewhere

I did the old course with them, the professional diploma and one of my subjects is gaeilge. What mainly came up was the reaction to the oral at JC level in my time. However, my cousin had hers yesterday and it was all about promotion of Irish within the school and the use of Irish in the classroom i.e. no English to be spoken, which in today's world is unrealistic- well I teach ordinary level JC and LC and I HAVE to use English. They want to know if you have an idea of the curriculum and the characteristics of language learning ie writing, reading, listening and speaking. I had rehearsed mine so well that they ran out of questions to ask me and the last question I got made me cringe- what if there was no electricity in the school, how would you teach? I suppose I was the second cohort of the first year so they were still only finding feet themselves but anyways.

1. Why did you choose Irish?
    2. Gaeltacht trips? Have you been on any?
    3. Irish Curriculum- JC AND LC
    4. Language Learning- the core skills
    5. Discipline in the Irish classroom
    6. Literacy- this is so important!
    7. Emphasis on Oral at JC level- YES it is a good idea is what they want to hear!
    8. Importance of Grammar
    9. New Junior Cert and how Irish will fit in. Maybe half look at how you would design a course.

If you have any experience teaching Gaeilge they'll ask you about that and then give you one maybe two scenarios.

Last but not least tell them you will literally DIE if you are not accepted. Blow their ego and you will have no problem and tell them you have the cheque waiting for them :)

I didnt have to sit an entrance exam to that so can't really help you there.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 munchiemia

hi! i just had my interview today here's a few things they asked:
    English:(15 mins)
    what are the traits of a good leader,what are the skills needed for a good teacher
    Have you ever taught a group,how do you motivate people
    what would you do if you had an issue with parents,what communication skills are important
    how important is technology,what will be the biggest challenge for you in undertaking the course
    The irish went on for 20 mins a bit longer than usual they asked:
    tell me about your local area, is it big or small, what the irish name of your area, did you go to school there, what were your teachers like, what were your experiences of secondaryschool what did you do, what are your hobbies,when you meet friends what do you do, do you like music can you sing,what music do you like , what will you do after the interview, how do you help the children in your current job, what skills do you need to be a teacher, why do you want to be a teacher, how did you prepare for the interview, will you go out tonight(saturday night) what would you of you won the lotto
    hope this helps i wont hear for about ten days so its a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 July2015

Hi

I'm hoping you can help, I am going for a interview for HIbernia next week for Business and Accounting. WHat is the reflective task? And interview questions.?

Thanking you

Advertisement