If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAC not working

Options
  • 29-07-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys,

The Musical Fidelity DAC I bought in the clearance sale is not working. Power light comes on ok, but I can't get any sound out of it and "lock" led doesn't light up. Have tried coax, optical and USB inputs. Laptop doesn't recognise it as an attached device either.

Vinnie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi guys,

The Musical Fidelity DAC I bought in the clearance sale is not working. Power light comes on ok, but I can't get any sound out of it and "lock" led doesn't light up. Have tried coax, optical and USB inputs. Laptop doesn't recognise it as an attached device either.

Vinnie
    Hi Vinniemac.

Very strange indeed. 

We had it running in our store just before we shipped it as it was part of our display setup.

I'll do a quick check see if anything simple to fix and if not we will need to get the unit picked up from you.

Apologies for any hassle that this may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Thanks Kenny.

Any possibility of getting a replacement or will it need to go back to MF for repair?

Vinnie

Thanks Kenny.

Any possibility of getting a replacement or will it need to go back to MF for repair?

Vinnie
    Hey Vinniemac.

If you wanted to keep it I can get it repaired but there does not seem to be anymore in the warehouse to get a replacement unfortunately.

We can have it repaired and return it back to you or we can offer a full refund.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Vinniemac.

If you wanted to keep it I can get it repaired but there does not seem to be anymore in the warehouse to get a replacement unfortunately.

We can have it repaired and return it back to you or we can offer a full refund.

I'd prefer to get it repaired.

V.

Hey Vinniemac.

I'd prefer to get it repaired.

V.
    Hi V.

I will have it arranged to get it collected from you. Are there any days that suit better than others for the collection?

• Advertisement

Any day is good Kenny, once I have a day's notice.

Vinnie

Any day is good Kenny, once I have a day's notice.

Vinnie
    Hi Vinnie.

I know you've been on with Dave but just wanted to confirm that he has the collected booked for you.

We will have this sorted ASAP once the unit arrives back.

Hi Guys,

Just want to check if there's been any progress on this as it's been a couple of weeks now?

Vinnie

Hi Guys,

Just want to check if there's been any progress on this as it's been a couple of weeks now?

Vinnie
    Hi Vinniemac.

I will do some checking in the morning and revert back ASAP.

Any update Kenny?

Vinnie

• Advertisement

Any update Kenny?

Vinnie
    Hi Vinnie,

The DAC has left us today :)  It should arrive back with you repaired tomorrow.

Chriscc

Up and running :-) Thanks for getting it sorted 

Up and running :-) Thanks for getting it sorted 
    Hi Vinniemac.

No problem at all.

Fingers crossed no more issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.