Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden sheds

Options
  • 29-07-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Im looking for a garden shed around 8*10. I will be moving from were i live in the next year or 2 so i need something i can take down and move with me. I am only renting so can not put down a concrete floor and it will be on grass. (My landlord doesnt mind me putting it on the grass. Would a steel shed be my best option? What floor would i lay? Any help on a cheap place to get one with delivery? As im a women can you explain exactly what things as i might not understand. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i'd put it on slabs, just put slabs on each corner one one each on the middle of the lenght so 6 in total. minimal damage to the grass and it will be level at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭12farnham

Are they just standard concrete slades? Were would i get them? Would i not need to put some flooring in as if it rains. Thanks for the the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

12farnham wrote: »
    Are they just standard concrete slades? Were would i get them? Would i not need to put some flooring in as if it rains. Thanks for the the info

That came out all wrong lol. First of all I mean paving slabs set in correctly at each corner of the perimeter of the shed. Then add one more on each lenght side half way down. I dont know what you mean about the floor.? The base of the shed will rest on the slabs which leaves at least a two inch gap before the existing shed floor exists.

The metal sheds dont come with floors. I was looking at waltongardenproducts.ie for there sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

A steel shed has to have a poured concrete base, your best bet is for a wooden shed on some paving slabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Ger Byrne 1

If you go with a Quality garden shed All irish companies will deliver and fit the garden shed .
    You will need about 10-12 4" concrete blocks to go under the shed which they will level out and space properly under the floor.
    A timber shed will suit you better as the steel sheds do not like being taken apart and moved.

The likes of waltons are based in Liverpool and deliver flat pack and you will then have to fit it .
    Their sheds would be very poor quality compared to the sheds made in Ireland

Thanks. Its looking like i will need to get a timber shed. Will be handy to have it fitted for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Here is two companies that supply & fit sheds.

Timbertrove Dublin (Good Quality)

http://www.timbertrove.com/

Shedsforless Kilkenny (Value for money)

https://www.gardensheds4less.ie/?gclid=CJPY0rWv_78CFQpk2wodkjIAmA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

12farnham wrote: »
    As im a women can you explain exactly what things as i might not understand.

:(
    I weep for my gender sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

I got a shed recently installed by Adman Steel. Very pleased with them. They do the smaller sheds too that don't require a concrete base as far as I know.

If you're getting a steel shed it's going to need a concrete base so I reckon your best bet is the wooden shed. Mind it with wood treatment such as creosote (stinky stuff but I find it's far better than the branded wood treatment stuff) and be careful whe you're taking it apart and it should be fine for your next house move.

As for this "I'm a woman", please don't be using that as an excuse. There's no shame in not knowing about things but there certainly is in using one's gender as an excuse in that fashion. Men don't automatically know about sheds by virtue of having a penis, you know :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Morgase wrote: »

As for this "I'm a woman", please don't be using that as an excuse. There's no shame in not knowing about things but there certainly is in using one's gender as an excuse in that fashion. Men don't automatically know about sheds by virtue of having a penis, you know :-)

While that is undoubtedly true, I find Men have a much more practical view of the potential for a good shed.

A comfy armchair, ( that should have been dumped when She got a new suite).
    A small beer fridge, that old TV with the enormous back, but still works perfectly.

Maybe if it's big enough, a pool table, an old radio, etc.

For Her it's just a place to keep the ironing board.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

martinn123 wrote: »

Oh hell I'm outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

martinn123 wrote: »
    While that is undoubtedly true, I find Men have a much more practical view of the potential for a good shed.

A comfy armchair, ( that should have been dumped when She got a new suite).
    A small beer fridge, that old TV with the enormous back, but still works perfectly.

Maybe if it's big enough, a pool table, an old radio, etc.

Hmmm. I don't know about these Men (with a capital M, no less!) and their ideas about putting armchairs and tellies into the shed. I keep that sort of thing in the sitting room, and keep my tools in the shed. That, to me, is most practical, but each to their own of course.

Abbeylawn Garden Sheds also do a great shed
    I have gotten 2 sheds at different times from them and always well looked after

did you get sorted

Advertisement