Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 VW passat service costs

• 29-07-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope Im in the right place here. Got my 2011 VW passat 1.6TDI serviced with VW dealer recently and got a call to tell me my egr valve needed replacing. Was told EGR valve itself was covered under warranty but only 50% of labour would be covered.

Thing is salesman told me it took 6 hours to replace the valve and billed me €340 odd saying that it was near €700 for labour and that was 50% of cost.

Seems a bit strange that they can replace a timing belt for €350 parts & labour but would cost €700 for labour alone on EGR valve replacement...

Oh and the also billed me for a full service so all in it cost near €600...
    Anyone on here think thats a bit over the top price wise or is it about right???

Any replies gratefully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You should see where the EGR valve is on the 1.6TDI engine! Access is a nightmare.

Price sounds about right for a main dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, I have heard that the location of the EGR valve is a pita on the CR TDi engines and as a result labour intensive. Thankfully EGR failure doesn't seem to be as common on the 2.0 TDi as the 1.6 TDi.

BTW I paid €250 for an extensive service on my 2.0 TDi Passat CC back in February so that seems to be the norm for a main dealer.

Advertisement