Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been waiting 4 months for installation and am at my wits end with eircom

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We contacted eircom at the end of march to organise getting fibre power broadband, phone and tv in our newly purchased house. I have taken numberous days off work to be here for installation and it's just cancellation after cancellation and delay. Every time I speak to someone in eircom they give me a completely different story as to why they are unable to install. I was told last nite at 18.25 that they can come this morning as there is something wrong with the copper wiring to the house....for fibre????? Copper wiring??? What am I missing? I'm so frustrated. Please help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kimruth wrote: »
    We contacted eircom at the end of march to organise getting fibre power broadband, phone and tv in our newly purchased house. I have taken numberous days off work to be here for installation and it's just cancellation after cancellation and delay. Every time I speak to someone in eircom they give me a completely different story as to why they are unable to install. I was told last nite at 18.25 that they can come this morning as there is something wrong with the copper wiring to the house....for fibre????? Copper wiring??? What am I missing? I'm so frustrated. Please help...
    Hi Kimruth

The best advice I can offer is to keep in contact with the efibre team on free phone 1901 however I can confirm that the line to your house is indeed copper, the fibre line runs from the exchange to the cabinet and then copper from the cabinet to your house.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kimruth

Contacted 1901, they couldn't help me and said I need to wait for the other team to contact me when they have resolved the issue. If it's going to be another 6 months and a barrage of issues with eircom I'll get a dongle or something to tide me over. The kln network company fitted the efibre connection to the outside of the house 6 weeks ago, I don't know why it took 6 weeks for eircom to realise that there was an issue with it? Is it too much to ask to get a realistic time frame as to when I will have efibre in my house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kimruth wrote: »
    Contacted 1901, they couldn't help me and said I need to wait for the other team to contact me when they have resolved the issue. If it's going to be another 6 months and a barrage of issues with eircom I'll get a dongle or something to tide me over. The kln network company fitted the efibre connection to the outside of the house 6 weeks ago, I don't know why it took 6 weeks for eircom to realise that there was an issue with it? Is it too much to ask to get a realistic time frame as to when I will have efibre in my house?
    Hi Kimruth

I understand the inconvenience and disappointment this can cause however I will be unable to offer you a timeframe of when to be up and running with efibre.

The efibre team will escalate this as they have advised although at this stage a timeframe will be unavailable I'm sorry to say

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OP if you have ANY other option I'd avoid Eircom like the plague. This is just the start of it, their customer services get worse when you're actually signed up.

I'd love to not go with them given how appallingly I've been treated so far. I was told magnet was good too, anyone used them? No UPC in the area...

• Advertisement

Still no contact from eircom and no progress on fixing the line/port/copper wire issue?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Shame UPC isn't in the area. Have you tried contacting Sky?

Is sky broadband any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

Hi Kimruth,
    I'd advise to try any other company but Eircom.   I'm not sure about sky, but I'd try them over Eircom if I could choose now.
    Seeing as Eircom have messed you around, you have good grounds to cancel whatever contract you have made with them. I hope they haven't billed you for 4 months with no service like they did to me?!
    Good luck.

Advertisement