Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efiber Tubbercurry

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

We are getting some very strange mixed reports about efiber in our area.

I say mixed because we have had a lot of people who have received letters saying that efiber is in their area, only to be told no.  On one case I had a friend who lives in Rocklands Estate told that He could get it, received mail to say he could, even called eircom whom confirmed he could get it.  Then the tech guy comes around to install it only to say that he can not. 

He has been told to keep an eye on the website to see when he can.. however it still states that he can get efiber even after a technician has told him he can not.

My question is quite simple.  If you are sending out lefleates to people who can not get efiber and allowing your process website to state that they can also get it what does this say to the people who are in the opposite, having been told they can not get it, and are in areas whom may be able to get it, in some cases next door to those who do.

Also and more personally, why would eircom upgrade efiber cabinets the outsides of our town but not our main street.  and lastly If it is efiber to the cabinet, do those whom who have a direct line to the exchange not be able to avail to an efiber connection even in an efiber enabled town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Danjalical wrote: »
    We are getting some very strange mixed reports about efiber in our area.

I say mixed because we have had a lot of people who have received letters saying that efiber is in their area, only to be told no.  On one case I had a friend who lives in Rocklands Estate told that He could get it, received mail to say he could, even called eircom whom confirmed he could get it.  Then the tech guy comes around to install it only to say that he can not. 

He has been told to keep an eye on the website to see when he can.. however it still states that he can get efiber even after a technician has told him he can not.

My question is quite simple.  If you are sending out lefleates to people who can not get efiber and allowing your process website to state that they can also get it what does this say to the people who are in the opposite, having been told they can not get it, and are in areas whom may be able to get it, in some cases next door to those who do.

Also and more personally, why would eircom upgrade efiber cabinets the outsides of our town but not our main street.  and lastly If it is efiber to the cabinet, do those whom who have a direct line to the exchange not be able to avail to an efiber connection even in an efiber enabled town.
    Hi Danjalical

I can understand how frustrating that can be, apologies for the confusion the letters have created - I will of course make sure your feedback reaches operations.

I'm unaware of the reasons for the decisions to situate cabinets is their current locations. I can confirm that we will be unable to offer such detail to the level which describes or details eircoms infrastucturlal policys & operational decisions.

For lines connected directly to the exchange efibre remains unavailable, at present regulations don't allow for this although asolution is being worked on which eircom hope to have more news on in early 2015

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement