Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepted Internship/ Just offered another job

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I interviewed for two positions last friday, a paid internship and a junior position at a design agency in Dublin. The internship people got back to me yesterday and I accepted it, they needed someone to start almost straight away and I'm due to start tomorrow. The thing is the design agency just got in contact with me today to offer me a proper job. I'm going to take the design agency job but feel like I'm leaving the company who's offering me the paid internship in the lurch. This might seem like a now brainer to some people but the design industry in Ireland is so small that I don't want to get a bad name and put anyone out. I guess what I'm really asking is how do I phrase my email back to the internship people letting them know I'm really sorry but even though I accepted the job I've gotten a better offer.... is it really bad pulling out the day before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't email.

Call them and follow up in writing.

Sound really apologetic. They will know as well as you do that a job beats an internship, and that you would be a fool to intern when you have a job offer.

Advertisement