Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english reg cars insurance in ireland

Options
  • 29-07-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

are there any insurance companys tat will insure an english reg car for more than 30days..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

deckycoop wrote: »
    are there any insurance companys tat will insure an english reg car for more than 30days..

Quinn did before they went belly up .. maybe liberty do the same .. however, from what I know they have to inform customs or revenue after 30days that the motor is still unregistered and as such anyone driving a UK reg car would expect a visit from the friendly customs lads demanding VRT with penalties as they would have information as to how long the car is in the state

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

the old custom lads can call all they like so can the cops. but its getting the insurance is the hard part.. the lads from revenue have all the companies enforcing the 30 day rule. i know 123.ie dont follow up on the 30day thing but they are crazy dear for a policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Direct line in the UK will insure in Ireland on UK plates...

When I brought my car over, I changed to an Irish crowd and called to cancel the UK insurance, even though it was a month before my vrt slot - they told me I could've stayed on a uk policy with an Irish address indefinitely

Advertisement