Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance & Flights

Options
  • 29-07-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi there, can anyone tell me if I buy travel insurance today and i cancel a flight I am supposed to go on in 2 weeks will I get compensated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

brady95 wrote: »
    hi there, can anyone tell me if I buy travel insurance today and i cancel a flight I am supposed to go on in 2 weeks will I get compensated?

That would be fraud.

Anyway, you only get covered for very specific reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out from old thread and moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

brady95 - it all depends on what is allowed/covered by the T&Cs of your travel insurance. But highly unlikely.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Yep, read the T&C's.

I don't think you have a valid claim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the reason for cancelling the flight existed at the time you took out the insurance then you cannot claim for it. That would be something like the serious illness of a close relative, your house burned down or you were made redundant.

If you want to cancel the flight for no good reason then no insurance policy will compensate you.

Advertisement