Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for daily commuting from Athboy-Dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Just moved to Athboy and will be commuting daily from September. What are the public transport options. I'm probably cycle some of the way but I think there is a bus service directly from Athboy with Bus Eireann. Any idea how much and how long it takes. There's also the commuter train from Dunboyne. Is it a safe place to park a bike does anyone know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Depends on where you're going to be commuting to really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

bladespin wrote: »
    Depends on where you're going to be commuting to really.

Sorry, meant to say Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They have bike lockers at M3 parkway which is the dunboyne station I think. Not sure of prices.

http://www.bikelocker.ie/index.html

Depending on what time you're on the train too, you can bring the bike on free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Weepsie wrote: »
    They have bike lockers at M3 parkway which is the dunboyne station I think. Not sure of prices.

http://www.bikelocker.ie/index.html

Depending on what time you're on the train too, you can bring the bike on free of charge.

Thanks a million for the link. Exactly what I'm after. Is it before 7am I can bring te bike on the train?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think it's before 7 and then not after 4 pm. Sometimes you'll get away with it after 7, depends really on what sort of mood the driver or ticket folks are in.

Advertisement